Will you purchase the iPhone 6 ?

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I would not consider the iPhone 6. The reason is simply due to the interface. It's old, boring, and static. In addition, the color palette is ugly as all get out. Rainbow Bright vomit. And still no wireless charging?

pahutakz

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I would not consider the iPhone 6. The reason is simply due to the interface. It's old, boring, and static. In addition, the color palette is ugly as all get out. Rainbow Bright vomit. And still no wireless charging?

correction. there is already wireless chargin on iphone devices. btw I'm not apple ******. I'm a solid wp fan.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Definitely won't buy it..  only an ***** would buy it

First I wanted to rant about your post, then I read the post before you. Now I like it ;-)

After the iOS 8 presentation yesterday I'm still in for the possibility of buying an iPhone.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
correction. there is already wireless chargin on iphone devices. btw I'm not apple ******. I'm a solid wp fan.

Incorrect iOS does not allow wireless charging yet and it will probably be another 2-3 years before we see it. They don't even have NFC yet and that's a given on any smartphone.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

HAMEDACC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I have posted a new thread about iOS 8 on imore.com, I will share it here too
Will iOS 8 going to loos its Minimal Design? - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com

Will iOS 8 going to lose its Minimal Design?

Simplicity and Minimal Design have been iOS Priority from the first day
But after WWDC2014 I found iOS Priority has been changed to Function.
There is no any Antagonism between Simplicity and Function, But now
I think Apple is ready to Sacrifice some Minimal Design aspects of iOS for its Function, if it will be needed.

plz share yr IDEAS

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
what?? not really even NFC is not present
i dont really use these feature on a daily basis but its a nifty option if its present for future use

While NFC is not present in the iPhone, I did get a free incpio NFC case for the iPhone 5/5s at MWC. I used my NFC capable iPhone through out MWC: to get in, to interact with different vendors, to pay for various meals. The iPhones 3rd party accessories market is second to none.

He'll there was even a case for the iPhone that turned it into a personal thermal imager!!!

e2e6era6.jpg

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
While NFC is not present in the iPhone, I did get a free incpio NFC case for the iPhone 5/5s at MWC. I used my NFC capable iPhone through out MWC: to get in, to interact with different vendors, to pay for various meals. The iPhones 3rd party accessories market is second to none.

He'll there was even a case for the iPhone that turned it into a personal thermal imager!!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/05/e2e6era6.jpg

still you need to rely on special third party hardware for this and you lose out on the look of the phone
plus there is a risk of frying the lightning port as well
all this after paying $1000 , id rather get a decent droid or a lumia for half the rate etc

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
still you need to rely on special third party hardware for this and you lose out on the look of the phone
plus there is a risk of frying the lightning port as well
all this after paying $1000 , id rather get a decent droid or a lumia for half the rate etc

You shouldn't grasp at straws.

You were wrong, NFC is available for the iPhone. Move one.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You shouldn't grasp at straws.

You were wrong, NFC is available for the iPhone. Move one.

thats like me saying i can add a collar to my dog but it doesnt mean my dog was born with one or something
third party solutions and native solutions have a big difference
i highly doubt people will buy the NFC case for iphone as such better get a native one
why argue with a pointless debate
i can add a rocket to my cycle but would i compare it to say a plane or a space shuttle?
it wouldnt be perfect unless the os is optimised

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
third party solutions and native solutions have a big difference

I never see this argument come up when Rudy throws another 6app on WP. Or any other third party app comes but not the official app.

I see double standards abound.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I never see this argument come up when Rudy throws another 6app on WP. Or any other third party app comes but not the official app.

I see double standards abound.

apps are different,an app cant mess up your charging port etc
third party nfc etc can fry the port

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
So we move goal posts to change the meaning of what you were saying. What you said can still apply to apps.

only on android where malware is a problem not on ios and WP

fyi you like to twist others words like that,just why?

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
No. I am platform agnostic and naturally gravitate toward the tech that works best for me. I used an iPhone 5 for 4 months and concluded that it just wasn't for me. I have no desire to get another iPhone.

Here are some of the main reasons why (in no particular order):

1. Its dependency on the convoluted, confusing bucket of bloatware that is iTunes is frustrating and unnecessary. Every other major platform allows you to connect to a computer and easily access and transfer files between your computer and your phone using the computer's file manager. It doesn't have to be as complicated as Apple is making it. I'm glad my wife uses an iPhone. It's an elegant, simple device that does everything she needs and is simple enough to use. But her main frustration and complaint is trying to get videos and music on her phone through iTunes. And I think my wife is a good representation of the average iPhone user.

2. Price. I understand that Apple devices are high end and comparable in price with high end devices from other manufacturers. I get that. And the hardware is beautiful. But if I have to choose between spending $600 on an iPhone or $600 on a different device, or $1200 on a Mac vs $1200 on a Windows laptop/desktop, for some reason my brain just cannot justify the expense on the Apple product. Maybe that's just irrational on my part. Apple products have remarkably high resale value and generally last a long time.

But when it comes down to it, I always seem to find a smartphone or computer that can do everything an Apple device can do that is important to me, but with a lower price tag than its Apple counterpart.

3. I like to be different. I don't want to be another face in the crowd. I don't want to fit in. My sense of self worth is not based on things like the kind of smartphone I own or the car I drive.

4. I always seem to root for the underdog. If BlackBerry or Windows Phone ever went mainstream and dominated the market, I'd probably gravitate toward their underdog competitors. That's just how I roll.

5. I don't like the Apple ecosystem. I don't like the Google ecosystem, either. Actually, I don't like the idea of being locked into or dependent upon ANY single ecosystem. But if there's one I had to choose, I always come back to Microsoft. Apple is just now getting around to implementing useful cloud storage. I've been using OneDrive for ages. Why use Google Docs when you can use gold-standard web-based Microsoft Office apps? The MS ecosystem is just more "me".

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 via Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb