Will you purchase the iPhone 6 ?

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
only on android where malware is a problem not on ios and WP

fyi you like to twist others words like that,just why?

I didn't twist any words. I quoted you exactly. And no malware is not a problem on Android. You can throw as many Google searches you want my way, I have been there and done that with you.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
3. I like to be different. I don't want to be another face in the crowd. I don't want to fit in. My sense of self worth is not based on things like the kind of smartphone I own or the car I drive.

It's defined by you wanting to be different then? Showing everybody how unique you are? :p

I don't think any phone that's sold by the millions is a good thing to express uniqueness...

Sorry, I just had to tease you, I sympathize with your post in general :)

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
It's defined by you wanting to be different then? Showing everybody how unique you are? :p

I don't think any phone that's sold by the millions is a good thing to express uniqueness...

Sorry, I just had to tease you, I sympathize with your post in general :)

On a planet of billions, millions is a relative drop in the bucket. ;)

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Everyone who wants to go to it, I'll buy their old devices!
So, that means no, I'm not going to buy an Iphone, even an iPhone 100000

HAMEDACC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
My first reaction to the OP is why? After some soul-searching, I can say "nyet".

Why I chose WP8:
- Its Unique UI
- Tired of iOS UI and iOS limitations(like: music downloading and syncing and ...)

and Why Leave WP8.1 and Give iOS 8 another chance:
- WP lag
- WP frustrating Resuming
- WP app gap
- WP app last updated gap (look at Line, Viber, Instagram, facebook apps and its deference on WP and iOS and Android)
- WP leaves First Priorities and focuses on Second

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Why I chose WP8:
- Its Unique UI
- Tired of iOS UI and iOS limitations(like: music downloading and syncing and ...)

and Why Leave WP8.1 and Give iOS 8 another chance:
- WP lag
- WP frustrating Resuming
- WP app gap
- WP app last updated gap (look at Line, Viber, Instagram, facebook apps and its deference on WP and iOS and Android)
- WP leaves First Priorities and focuses on Second

Personally I just don't have these iTunes problems. I have it installed to put movies onto my iPad which I watch with the amazing VLC app. This works without issues per drag and drop on Windows. I listen to music using Spotify (which is much better than on WP). Contacts, calendar, email, that's all perfectly synchronized from my Exchange account, and the built in calendar is a pleasure to use, supporting my multiple Exchange calendars perfectly. The OneDrive app works nicely on iOS too, including auto-picture upload from the camera.

Those are probably the reason why I feel so comfortable with my iPad. Of course the great app ecosystem also helps. And the better VPN support.

And this would most likely be the same on an iPhone.

I'm not frustrated with WP, it's okay and I like it very much. I'm more frustrated with the low-end focused hardware, all the limited releases and phones that are announced months in advance, feeling outdated when they finally hit the stores.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Hell no! I'm fifty three and have never owned a Apple product. I had a Creative MP3 player instead of a iPod, I've never owned an iPhone. It's simply not going to happen.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I for one am not interested in an iPhone for 2 reasons
1) expensive
2) I tunes
Sure number one is being nit picky and subjective on how much a person is willing to spend on a phone but I can't stand iTunes ....as long as I have to use iTunes or any propriety software I will not bat an eye on that product ( I use something else for my iPod because I refuse to use iTunes )

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
If this story is true, then there's not a chance in hell that I will never own another garbage iPhone again. This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

http://news.yahoo.com/apple-could-kill-3-5mm-headphone-socket-lightning-082200899.html

Wow that would be the dumbest move any company can make. A proprietary headphone socket is already not cool but the fact that you will need special headphones just to listen to music is a no go for Me.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
If this story is true, then there's not a chance in hell that I will ever own another garbage iPhone again. This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Apple could be about to kill the 3.5mm headphone socket with Lightning headphones

But think of it from Apple's point of view, provided it actually happens. Their users are used to paying higher prices for accessories, some of which are proprietary. They will buy these expensive and high margin headphones in vast quantities. If the traditional headphone jack is gone, what options will they have? The sales will further strengthen Apple's profits. It makes sense.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
But think of it from Apple's point of view, provided it actually happens. Their users are used to paying higher prices for accessories, some of which are proprietary. They will buy these expensive and high margin headphones in vast quantities. If the traditional headphone jack is gone, what options will they have? The sales will further strengthen Apple's profits. It makes sense.

I see what you're saying, but the difference is that these proprietary solutions that Apple makes are usually better than the standard. For example, the lighting connector can be used either way. I see no real advantage for doing this that can be translated to the average consumer. Every iPhone user I've sent that link to has been freaking out and has been getting pi**ed off at Apple.

I mean, read the last line "you can't listen to music and charge your phone at the same time"

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

Won't happen..the backlash against it would hurt them more than just changing the power connection.

Even if they give headphones built for it specifically they still have to go much further to convince people the benefits outweigh what is available on the market today.

Mac

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
No. I am platform agnostic and naturally gravitate toward the tech that works best for me. I used an iPhone 5 for 4 months and concluded that it just wasn't for me. I have no desire to get another iPhone.

Here are some of the main reasons why (in no particular order):

1. Its dependency on the convoluted, confusing bucket of bloatware that is iTunes is frustrating and unnecessary. Every other major platform allows you to connect to a computer and easily access and transfer files between your computer and your phone using the computer's file manager. It doesn't have to be as complicated as Apple is making it. I'm glad my wife uses an iPhone. It's an elegant, simple device that does everything she needs and is simple enough to use. But her main frustration and complaint is trying to get videos and music on her phone through iTunes. And I think my wife is a good representation of the average iPhone user.

3. I like to be different. I don't want to be another face in the crowd. I don't want to fit in. My sense of self worth is not based on things like the kind of smartphone I own or the car I drive.

4. I always seem to root for the underdog. If BlackBerry or Windows Phone ever went mainstream and dominated the market, I'd probably gravitate toward their underdog competitors. That's just how I roll.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 via Tapatalk

II've never had any issues moving media to and from my iPod's using iTunes ever. And I'm not talking.about syncing cause I have never used the option. I always drag and drop any media.

And what does one sense of self worth have anything to do with having an iPhone?

And isn't WP mainstream already? I guess I must be missing where you're going with that

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Won't happen..the backlash against it would hurt them more than just changing the power connection.

Even if they give headphones built for it specifically they still have to go much further to convince people the benefits outweigh what is available on the market today.

Mac

6eats tho.....😵👍💓

misfitpierce

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Most likely I will not. I went back to IOS 7 when it came out with a new iPhone 5c and only kept it for 2 weeks. Then it was back to my trusty Nokia by getting a new Lumia 925. IOS just doesn't appeal to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett