Will you purchase the iPhone 6 ?

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
When 5s came out it was $1100+. So i6 will be around $1500 I guess because of it's size

But still people buy them like hot cakes becoz of big screen 4.7 inches. I think Samsung nd other high end android will bleed.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
But still people buy them like hot cakes becoz of big screen 4.7 inches. I think Samsung nd other high end android will bleed.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Yup...people love ❤ their bigger screens once they get used to them..least I do 😄

Mac

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
yeah right we believe you and not googles search engine itself
its a known fact about android that its security is a bit risky sometimes

Android isn't a security risk if you don't go downloading applications from outside of the store.

I'm not a fan boy, I'm a realistic one, Microsoft nothing has to do with developers, you become a developer and resolve all those app gaps,

well going is the Microsoft strategy to make low end devices to put in as users as possible to gives a reason to developers to support the platform, but no matter dude, go cry with mom and get that Iphone 6!

Edit: I also missed a lot of local apps, but also know how things work!

Microsoft does control their own apps, though, and when they update them. Skype is a good example of Microsoft dropping the ball.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
For my household without all the fan boy-ism I will get my wife the iPhone 6 for sure. For me I will probably stay where I'm at having just this last week gave MS the boot as far as phones go. WP8 is not where it needs to be for me at this time so i went and got me a Sony Xperia Z2 and won't look back. I can go over the pros and cons of all the ecosystems and it doesn't make a difference. MS lacks what the others have to a strong degree but the big thing for me leaving was that MS forsakes it's own ecosystem as far as apps go. I'm not talking about other Dev's I'm taking about MS own apps themselves.

It is just ridicules that MS own apps look and function so bad on their own ecosystem. Even Apple & Google don't forsake there own apps made for there own platform. MS just pisses me off when Skype, one note, office to a degree, outlook, xbox music, and others are worlds better on the competitions platform. But your own platform these apps run like plain old **** and have limited functionality at best except for office.

MS just does us WP8 user wrongly with crap like that. Sorry to say like some already have, how is a Dev suppose to take WP8 seriously when MS doesn't put full effort into it themselves. Your apps on your platform are suppose to really outshine the others on your competitors platform, not be a lower priority on your own platform. Why will users change to WP8 if MS own apps are better on the opposing platforms. If it wasn't for BB taking a nose dive to a degree WP8 would be 4th place in my opinion.

I don't even think MS can even cover the ground that the big 2 have now on them. This one big update once a year isn't going to do it either. They need to make the updates smaller and if need be break the WP8 up into smaller pieces that can be updated from the Microsoft store. Even Google learned if you can't force the update issue like apple then break the OS down into update-able apps to get around these carriers and OEM's.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Android isn't a security risk if you don't go downloading applications from outside of the store.

Microsoft does control their own apps, though, and when they update them. Skype is a good example of Microsoft dropping the ball.

Please,get real......the worst came from their app store and infected 10000's of phones which they had to pull..and then go into the effected phones to remove it.

Numbers don't lie nor does customer satisfaction for what platform has the best ...and it isn't Google's or Microsoft's..yet...in time maybe..

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Please,get real......the worst came from their app store and infected 10000's of phones which they had to pull..and then go into the effected phones to remove it.

Numbers don't lie nor does customer satisfaction for what platform has the best ...and it isn't Google's or Microsoft's..yet...in time maybe..

Android isn't a security hazard if you stick to the store. If 50,000 phones were infected with malware, which I doubt, that would be a low percentage. Remember that Android is the Windows of the mobile world, it powers most of the phones. Numbers don't lie, there are hundreds of millions of phones and tablets running Android and less than 1% of them ever have to deal with malware. I'd say it's less than .1%, even.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Android isn't a security hazard if you stick to the store. If 50,000 phones were infected with malware, which I doubt, that would be a low percentage. Remember that Android is the Windows of the mobile world, it powers most of the phones. Numbers don't lie, there are hundreds of millions of phones and tablets running Android and less than 1% of them ever have to deal with malware. I'd say it's less than .1%, even.

Read the info... The malware was in an app IN the store.

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site

The bottom line is, the possibility for compromise is greater on Android than on WP. Yes, it largely depends on the ignorance or stupidity of the user, but an equally ignorant or stupid person does not have that risk on WP.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 via Tapatalk

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
The bottom line is, the possibility for compromise is greater on Android than on WP. Yes, it largely depends on the ignorance or stupidity of the user, but an equally ignorant or stupid person does not have that risk on WP.

That is true. But if we went for the platform that had the least chance, we'd all have Macs or Linux machines.

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
That is true. But if we went for the platform that had the least chance, we'd all have Macs or Linux machines.

That's why some people prefer those platforms. Android wouldn't be a problem for me as far as security because I'm careful. There are many other reasons I stay away from Android. :)

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

yeah right thats why the play store itself has malware right in the "top paid apps" list
android has its own major flaws , accept it

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

lolwut? the play store itself has malware,forget other sources

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
That's why some people prefer those platforms. Android wouldn't be a problem for me as far as security because I'm careful. There are many other reasons I stay away from Android. :)

yeah like battery life and lag
so far only the nexus 5 and 7(2012) dont have these issues but it still has the occasional hanging issues despite being on 4.4.3

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

Then your own numbers are wrong. Their number 1 anti virus app that thousands of people downloaded from their app store was malware.

You should actually read up on things before commenting about it.

They did have it in their store,many thousands of people downloaded it,and they did go into peoples phone and removed it from them without most knowing about it.

Android is not a secure os,never has been,and as long as it remains open source,never will be.

Praise it for what it is,but,don't for what it is not.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
yeah right thats why the play store itself has malware right in the "top paid apps" list
android has its own major flaws , accept it

And so has iOS before. No app store is perfect. I'm sure WP store would even get malware at some point if it had as many apps as the others. And no, it doesn't have as many apps as the others.

lolwut? the play store itself has malware,forget other sources

Very little. Android if you just do your due diligence is not a malware infested OS.

Then your own numbers are wrong. Their number 1 anti virus app that thousands of people downloaded from their app store was malware.

You should actually read up on things before commenting about it.

They did have it in their store,many thousands of people downloaded it,and they did go into peoples phone and removed it from them without most knowing about it.

Android is not a secure os,never has been,and as long as it remains open source,never will be.

Praise it for what it is,but,don't for what it is not.

Android is actually a rather secure OS these days. As you said, the malware was removed from thousands of phones without the user having to do anything. You also said thousands, which I then point to the statistic of there being hundreds of millions of phones out there with Android. If we're using that statistic, thousands of users on Windows have malware and we should all abandon Windows because it isn't a secure OS.

​And it's closed source, too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz