Will you purchase the iPhone 6 ?

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
No it wasn't, it was simply an app that didn't do anything. It wasn't malicious.

Really....the reason it was malicious was because IT DIDN'T DO Anything...

People who thought they were protected weren't...

Are you personally speaking for everyone else who downloaded this now?

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Really....the reason it was malicious was because IT DIDN'T DO Anything...

People who thought they were protected weren't...

Are you personally speaking for everyone else who downloaded this now?

That's not malware. Malware is when it does something MALICIOUS.

Malware, short for malicious software, is any software used to disrupt computer operation, gather sensitive information, or gain access to private computer systems.

Not doing something doesn't fit into the category of malware.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
And so has iOS before. No app store is perfect. I'm sure WP store would even get malware at some point if it had as many apps as the others. And no, it doesn't have as many apps as the others.

Very little. Android if you just do your due diligence is not a malware infested OS.

Android is actually a rather secure OS these days. As you said, the malware was removed from thousands of phones without the user having to do anything. You also said thousands, which I then point to the statistic of there being hundreds of millions of phones out there with Android. If we're using that statistic, thousands of users on Windows have malware and we should all abandon Windows because it isn't a secure OS.

​And it's closed source, too.

i loled secure,malware free etc isnt android,dont compare it to ios,WP or windows etc,android is the only os with these problems with malware
ios and WP doesnt have malware,ios had 2 instances which were very minute compared to android malware
windows isnt filled with malware,the Windows 8.1 app store is very secure and most third party sources are malware free,otherwise there are antiviruses which actually work and are worth unlike android where the top paid app antivirus turned out to be a scam malware app

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
That's not malware. Malware is when it does something MALICIOUS.

Malware, short for malicious software, is any software used to disrupt computer operation, gather sensitive information, or gain access to private computer systems.

Not doing something doesn't fit into the category of malware.

still its a huuge joke,

"buys first android antivirus app from the top paid section,gets malware/useless app instead"

would you still support the fake antivirus app if starbucks sold you water instead of coffee or if dunkin donuts gave you plastic donuts instead of the real deal?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
People feel the need to make baseless claims about products they don't like.

lolwut,you know there was a survey which said android is the most malware ridden and security plagued OS yet despite it being open and easier to customise etc
i dunno i guess some of us folks here got tired of the lag,googlespy,lack of updates etc despite liking soo many features of the OS,we posted based on experience by us and others
i dont care much for brands but it should work perfect and should be secure
im not saying WP is perfect but ios ,WP and BB10 are the some of the most secure OS's made(consumer mobile wise)

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
i loled secure,malware free etc isnt android,dont compare it to ios,WP or windows etc,android is the only os with these problems with malware
ios and WP doesnt have malware,ios had 2 instances which were very minute compared to android malware
windows isnt filled with malware,the Windows 8.1 app store is very secure and most third party sources are malware free,otherwise there are antiviruses which actually work and are worth unlike android where the top paid app antivirus turned out to be a scam malware app

It wasn't malware.

it also sent info about victims contacts according to reports,it used to contact a server which stored certain data about users

Then it was SPYWARE.

still its a huuge joke,

"buys first android antivirus app from the top paid section,gets malware/useless app instead"

would you still support the fake antivirus app if starbucks sold you water instead of coffee or if dunkin donuts gave you plastic donuts instead of the real deal?

I don't support the fake A/V, I support the english language not being butchered.

lolwut,you know there was a survey which said android is the most malware ridden and security plagued OS yet despite it being open and easier to customise etc
i dunno i guess some of us folks here got tired of the lag,googlespy,lack of updates etc despite liking soo many features of the OS,we posted based on experience by us and others
i dont care much for brands but it should work perfect and should be secure
im not saying WP is perfect but ios ,WP and BB10 are the some of the most secure OS's made(consumer mobile wise)

I've been using Android for years, never had a problem with malware. 99/100 people have never had to deal with malware on their Android devices. Heck, Android isn't even a lag-fest anymore. I'm using my old Galaxy Nexus with Kit Kat (via CM), and it's really great. Most people also don't care about "google spying on them". Then you bring updates, and that's true that there are so many phones that get slow updates these days (but most phones that were brought out in 2012 have gotten an update).

Of course, not every WP brought out in 2013 is up to the most recent OS. Let's not let that get in the way of a good rant (which this really isn't, but whatever).

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
It wasn't malware.

Then it was SPYWARE.

I don't support the fake A/V, I support the english language not being butchered.

I've been using Android for years, never had a problem with malware. 99/100 people have never had to deal with malware on their Android devices. Heck, Android isn't even a lag-fest anymore. I'm using my old Galaxy Nexus with Kit Kat (via CM), and it's really great. Most people also don't care about "google spying on them". Then you bring updates, and that's true that there are so many phones that get slow updates these days (but most phones that were brought out in 2012 have gotten an update).

Of course, not every WP brought out in 2013 is up to the most recent OS. Let's not let that get in the way of a good rant (which this really isn't, but whatever).

dont kid around we all own other devices too,we accept all the cons and move on
you should too instead of supporting malware or spyware as you like to call it
your above post was sarcastic im assuming?!if so its a great post
dont compare wp and android, wp has more pros as a phone OS maybe not as a customisable OS,better battery life,no lag,guaranteed updates where ever needed and available and older versions are still usable etc
gingerbread and other phones are a joke compared to WP7 except maybe the restrictions of WP7(zune etc) but overall it did better what a phone should than what android can

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
dont kid around we all own other devices too,we accept all the cons and move on
you should too instead of supporting malware or spyware as you like to call it
your above post was sarcastic im assuming?!if so its a great post
dont compare wp and android, wp has more pros as a phone OS maybe not as a customisable OS,better battery life,no lag,guaranteed updates where ever needed and available and older versions are still usable etc
gingerbread and other phones are a joke compared to WP7 except maybe the restrictions of WP7(zune etc) but overall it did better what a phone should than what android can

Guaranteed updates? Tell that to the 8x users. Also, you're clearly fanboying here. My Galaxy Nexus doesn't lag any more than any other phone I've had. It did at first, but it got updates and now it doesn't. Android has a lot of flaws, a lot of which has to do with the OEMs and how Google has let them provide a sub-par experience. But Android itself isn't a malware magnet, it isn't a lag machine, and WP isn't magically better. There are a lot of great things about both devices, as well as horrible things.

You don't have to make crap up to defend your choice of platform.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Guaranteed updates? Tell that to the 8x users. Also, you're clearly fanboying here. My Galaxy Nexus doesn't lag any more than any other phone I've had. It did at first, but it got updates and now it doesn't. Android has a lot of flaws, a lot of which has to do with the OEMs and how Google has let them provide a sub-par experience. But Android itself isn't a malware magnet, it isn't a lag machine, and WP isn't magically better. There are a lot of great things about both devices, as well as horrible things.

You don't have to make crap up to defend your choice of platform.

just wow ,why call me a ******,im not the one calling one platform supreme over the other, i just justified my opinion,if im a ****** pls decide which OS im a ****** for... is it ios,WP,symbian :p

pls stop insulting me,i never said a word against you and this being a forum,id expect you to do the same

as for the 8x users,they knew HTC was pro-android and so were the service providers hence lack of updates
you yourself justify this statement with the prev comment-
" Android has a lot of flaws, a lot of which has to do with the OEMs"
ring any bells? HTC is a poor wp oem then , not MS/nokia,thats why 8x didnt get updates,just FYI 8x will get 8.1,infact it already got dev preview
galaxy nexus does lag,hell even my nexus 5 and 7 lag even on 4.4.3
google services are way inferior in my honest opinion,i dont support microsoft or apple but their services are better in general atleast in my eyes

you seem to hate WP,which windows phone do you have?

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
just wow ,why call me a ******,im not the one calling one platform supreme over the other, i just justified my opinion,if im a ****** pls decide which OS im a ****** for... is it ios,WP,symbian :p

Oh, so the better term would be hater? Because you seem to be using non-facts as your reasoning for hating a platform.

pls stop insulting me,i never said a word against you and this being a forum,id expect you to do the same

I call it like I see it.

as for the 8x users,they knew HTC was pro-android and so were the service providers hence lack of updates

And yet if I brought up that the carriers are why Android doesn't get updates, you'd likely say it doesn't matter.

you yourself justify this statement with the prev comment-
" Android has a lot of flaws, a lot of which has to do with the OEMs"
ring any bells? HTC is a poor wp oem then , not MS/nokia,thats why 8x didnt get updates,just FYI 8x will get 8.1,infact it already got dev preview

It will get everything from the Dev preview, but Dev Preview only supplies the base OS. Your 8.1 experience will be lesser to somebody whose device is actually being supported.

galaxy nexus does lag,hell even my nexus 5 and 7 lag even on 4.4.3

GNexus on Cyanogenmod 11 with ART enabled doesn't lag any more than any other phone I've had. Actually, it lags less doing quite a few things. Take your WP and open up your camera, then take an Android device and open up the camera. It takes less time on my Android device than my WP device. Opening up apps is generally faster as well, the amazing "loading" screen takes quite a long time. Heck, that's something that top end WP have to deal with.

google services are way inferior in my honest opinion,i dont support microsoft or apple but their services are better in general atleast in my eyes

you seem to hate WP,which windows phone do you have?

I like Windows Phone. What I don't like is this misconception that WP is the greatest thing ever. It does some things better, some things worse. My latest WP is a Lumia 520, but that really says nothing about my complaints. My updates rely on AT&T, just like if I had an Android phone. I might be able to get the dev preview, but in the same way I could always just throw Cyanogenmod onto an Android device and call it a day. Both processes are as simple as downloading a program these days.

I like all phones, really, for what they can do. They all have their flaws, even WP. Android has a lot of flaws as well. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you don't have to make crap up.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Oh, so the better term would be hater? Because you seem to be using non-facts as your reasoning for hating a platform.

I call it like I see it.

And yet if I brought up that the carriers are why Android doesn't get updates, you'd likely say it doesn't matter.

It will get everything from the Dev preview, but Dev Preview only supplies the base OS. Your 8.1 experience will be lesser to somebody whose device is actually being supported.

GNexus on Cyanogenmod 11 with ART enabled doesn't lag any more than any other phone I've had. Actually, it lags less doing quite a few things. Take your WP and open up your camera, then take an Android device and open up the camera. It takes less time on my Android device than my WP device. Opening up apps is generally faster as well, the amazing "loading" screen takes quite a long time. Heck, that's something that top end WP have to deal with.

I like Windows Phone. What I don't like is this misconception that WP is the greatest thing ever. It does some things better, some things worse. My latest WP is a Lumia 520, but that really says nothing about my complaints. My updates rely on AT&T, just like if I had an Android phone. I might be able to get the dev preview, but in the same way I could always just throw Cyanogenmod onto an Android device and call it a day. Both processes are as simple as downloading a program these days.

I like all phones, really, for what they can do. They all have their flaws, even WP. Android has a lot of flaws as well. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you don't have to make crap up.

you do realize,im not insulting you or your beloved android and id expect you to follow forum rules instead of being rude
im not gonna answer ur lame stuff since you are pro-android and called me names
you can take that attitude and insult me all day long,i will not answer you from this point
all your posts are flawed just FYI i own a whole bucketload of flagships of each platform and i have way more experience than most others because i get to work with soo many devices and OS's
my nexus devices all have ART from the dev options and its still not any different except for battery life,it still lags and hangs

if all have their flaws why are you trying to prove others wrong and call android words such as perfect,lagfree etc when NO OS IS PERFECT
im not posting crap here,i posted MY experience and guess what,you cant change it no matter what

the 520 is a budget WP,still it performs better than most droids in the market today, the complaints you have is due to AT&T,your problem is you bought a contract device hence you wont get updates on time,its ATTs fault not nokia/MS

the camera lag you spoke about is because 520 has 512mb ram,comparing it to an older flagship droid is just ridiculous,try a flagship WP then see

your opinion of me is lame and i dont give a dime about it,i never called you names and its against forum rules to call names

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
you do realize,im not insulting you or your beloved android and id expect you to follow forum rules instead of being rude
im not gonna answer ur lame stuff since you are pro-android and called me names
you can take that attitude and insult me all day long,i will not answer you from this point
all your posts are flawed just FYI i own a whole bucketload of flagships of each platform and i have way more experience than most others because i get to work with soo many devices and OS's
my nexus devices all have ART from the dev options and its still not any different except for battery life,it still lags and hangs

if all have their flaws why are you trying to prove others wrong and call android words such as perfect,lagfree etc when NO OS IS PERFECT
im not posting crap here,i posted MY experience and guess what,you cant change it no matter what

the 520 is a budget WP,still it performs better than most droids in the market today, the complaints you have is due to AT&T,your problem is you bought a contract device hence you wont get updates on time,its ATTs fault not nokia/MS

the camera lag you spoke about is because 520 has 512mb ram,comparing it to an older flagship droid is just ridiculous,try a flagship WP then see

your opinion of me is lame and i dont give a dime about it,i never called you names and its against forum rules to call names

I swear, it's like you don't even read my posts. Yep, I think Android is perfect, you called it /sarcasm.

If you actually feel like reading my posts, and then making a thoughtful response, come back and let me know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs