Will you purchase the iPhone 6 ?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
What product google has except nexus I don't see anybody buying nexus like iPhone.

I was referring more to Google's Android than Google devices. But I don't see the loyal followers on this forum or AndroidCentral any different than the Apple guys. And BB fans make Apple's look wishy-washy!

Santos lil elpair

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Not currently planning on iphone6, but if WP doesn't come out with a higher end phone in the 4th quarter I will have to consider Iphone6 and android options for my next phone. I like WP 8.1 and Cortana, but I'm not going to stick around with WP if it means getting a phablet or a low end phone.

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
At most I'll just get my brother's 5s on discount if he switches. But probably wouldn't happen until iPhone 6s at earliest.

They went to OIS with the camera and even added phase-detect. Exciting, but I hasn't shoot any moving subject with my phone camera yet. It's the temperature adjustable LED flash that excites me more, something from the previous version.

And of course, NFC in iPhone is interesting not because of NFC itself but how Apple can move the industry to use that feature. It will benefit all platform.
Now if Windows Phone can support formatting those cheap tags from eBay it could be an advantage against other platform. But of course MS wouldn't do it until it's too late, if ever.

Don't like the large screen size. Size of the old tiny iPhone is enough (got Lumia if I need bigger screen for browsing)

Last edited:

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I am getting the iPhone 6 plus, I don't think anything matches it on the market.

I don't want the incapability of android with outlook.com,
You have to set up your account twice.
The outlook app: can sync your email, and calendars just fine. Contacts are read only :(

You have to use EAS to get your contacts to work property but then the calendars don't work properly.

There is nothing on windows phone that can compare to the iPhone 6 or 6 plus.
Feature by Feature, the iPhone beats down windows phone.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

mrpuny

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't know that I'd switch back to Apple, but I'll definitely consider the iPhone 6 next time I'm looking for a phone. Hardware wise, Apple removed the biggest complaint I had against the devices (small screen size). The other thing that's nice is that they're finally bumping storage sizes up to 128GB. Yes, the baseline still has only 16 GB storage but that's designed to upsell you to the higher storage tiers. (Note to Microsoft nee Nokia: As a Lumia 925 owner, let me say either make a decent amount of storage available in your higher end phones, or put a microSD slot in them.)

The biggest draw I see with the iPhones though are the way things are opening up in iOS8. Opening the system up (e.g. 3rd party keyboards) is interesting. The other thing I see is that they're going to introduce family sharing that'll allow up to six people to share app and media purchases. (Another note to Microsoft. If you want any chance at being successful in the consumer space, start making your services more consumer friendly. Maybe your Xbox Music, Video, and Windows Store teams can learn a thing or two from this. It's saying something when Microsoft's best family sharing plan is Office 365....)

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Iphone 6 looks alot like the Sony z3.

My contract is up in November so i will give Microsoft December to at least announce something new, not getting the 930 as its over 6 months old now and i want the latest specs.

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
As I am done with WP, I would very happily buy an iPhone 6 (not Plus, anything above 5 inches is too large for my taste).

Only issues:
- Apple didn't consider it useful to add the optical stabiliser in the 4.7 inch model
- The 64 Gb version will cost here 800 euros, which is about twice as much as the L830 (16 Gb is a joke... and anyway it would save only 100 euros)

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I'll be preordering the 4.7" 64GB version, but I'm finding it difficult as to what colour I should go for Silver or Space Grey - I'm moving closer to Silver.

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
In the end, I bought an iPhone 5s. After the announcement of the 6, price of the 32 Gb version dropped with 150 euros (no way I was going to spend 800+ on a phone!!)

And surprise surprise: everything just WORKS!!! Goodbye Lumia 925, you've got a great screen and camera, but that's about it.

I guess I'll buy a 730 Dual Sim whenever Microsoft finally releases it, so I can keep following the improvements on apps if they ever come, but for now goodbye WP, what a relief! It's a pity as I was really trying to defend them ever since the L920 came out (must have been one of the 1st to even buy it!)

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
No. I love iOS, and apple for their accessories, but everything that I have backed up on my phone in windows will be seamlessly restored on another windows phone. Don't want to start over and set all of that up again

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes going for the 6+. After 3 replacement 1520's and 8.1 really hurting my user experience I'm gonna try something else. It's a shame to I loved my 1520 best phone I ever had until it broke and these certified good as new are $&!#. So time to try something else since Microsoft isn't coming out anytime soon with something to replace the 1520. Honestly even at 5.5 inch screen I'm worried I'll will miss this big beauty. At same time excited for a new experience.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
No. The kool aid tastes like waste over there. been there once, and I am not going back, and lost a lot of money bailing in the process. Windows/Microsoft all the way for me. Android is no where in the picture either. Microsoft/Nokia makes the best handsets/OS in the market today. They are not in market share because of 1. Apple/Android fan boys and 2. Marketing. They are just starting to market the phones now. The Microsoft products available now are the best on the market. The surface pro 3 and nokia phones are the two devices I will purchase this year.

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
They are not in market share because it's not enough to have good devices, you need good apps too! When something as basic as the Facebook app just does not work, who in his right mind will be attracted to such a platform?

And I'm not only talking about Facebook. I have an iPhone again since 2 days, everything there just works perfectly! I spent 1 hour chatting on Whatsapp and lost only 5% of battery. On my Lumia, I would loose 30 to 40%!!! A few useful apps are there that aren't on WP, and the ones that are on WP are just not as functional (take for example the KLM airline app that just sucks on WP and is flawless on IOS)

I will go back to WP when all works fine, but until then, IOS will be my primary phone.

Only thing I really miss a lot is HERE Maps.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I spent 1 hour chatting on Whatsapp and lost only 5% of battery. On my Lumia, I would loose 30 to 40%!!!
I liked your post just for that. :) Chatting and surfing is a disaster for battery life on my Lumia Icon. Regular text messaging, FB messaging, and surfing can easily get up to 30%/hour. It's crazy.
Don't know if new firmware helps with that, but I hope.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I didn't read every single post because I don't like losing brain cells so rapidly. Please note the way I spelled LOSING. Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that WP will never survive. Post after post with "If Microsoft doesn't release anything new...." tells me that even regular users don't get it. From the time WP8 was released and MS touted future-proofing via the switch to the NT kernel, people still don't get it. There are 820s out there getting 8.1 and these are mid-range phones that were released exactly 2 years ago. Barring hardware limitations, the owners of these phones are hitting their upgrade cycles right about now and they have the same features as brand new devices. This love affair with specs will ultimately be the downfall of WP, not app gaps or crappy Facebook apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon