Will you purchase the iPhone 6 ?

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Well, just read my posts then... I have never mentioned hardware anywhere as the reason to switch back to iOS. But rather the fact that WP is incapable of producing apps that do function as well as on iOS.

Stig

Jan 24, 2004
Visit site
LOL Why is my Ativ S superior in almost every way to the new iPhone 6? What a fail... and people criticize MS. Looks like Android will continue to eat Apple's market share and WP may have a shot.
Interesting, as I have an ATIV S and am moving to an iPhone 6.

Why? The main problem is app support. I have a number of apps I use at work, and I'm currently taking an iPad in to work. Also, my ATIV S is unlikely to get WP8.1 anytime soon, and it have had bad experiences upgrading OS versions on WP. I should mention I have used Windows Mobile and Windows Phone for many years.

Downside: of course the iP6 is expensive, but the resale values are much better. I don't expect battery life to be as good.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, just read my posts then... I have never mentioned hardware anywhere as the reason to switch back to iOS. But rather the fact that WP is incapable of producing apps that do function as well as on iOS.

Considering that your post is number 302, sorry if I missed a few. You do realize apps are created by developers, not WP. You also realize that these people have been working on iOS for years and are more comfortable with the code. Android apps just started being tolerable a few years ago. At least WP apps have been visually appealing since day one.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Well I retired my Lumia 1520 to Amazon on trade in and ordered me and the wife an iPhone 6/6+ as the time with WP has come to an end. The support from developers for apps, accessories, and just the user experience has drove me to the other side. I can't keep wasting my time waiting for developer support to pickup for WP. Only thing to miss from my Lumia 1520 is the camera and cortana but that is not enough to keep me locked up in an ecosystem that support is as slow as molasses.

Some just want to blame the devlopers for lack of action but MS is the one who's job is to appeal to developers and support them to develop for their platform.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yup, Im also considering about moving on... The blame is with Microsoft, no one else. I feel while they move forward, they also seem to move backwards. Making the movement forward too slow.

At this moment I don't believe WP will survive. My opinion has changed in the last six months.

The facebook does not work again in my Lumia 1520. Not saying that is my biggest issue with WP, but how ******* long does it take for Microsoft to make it good? To me it seems there are major problems in the management...

Maybe they pull a rabbit out of the hat with threshold... Merging with RT gets the modern Win8 FB app work on our phones. Explaining why facebook didn't want to develop an app for such a short period... Maybe then they release the modern office that also works in our WPs, explaining why the excel in WP is probably the most ridiculous thing in mobile history...

If nothing really exiting happens, and the L1520 stays as a device where in many places the innovation isn't present and everything is just freaking big, I'm gone...

I would much rather attach 2 pdf's to my email than go to another OS, but the ball is in Microsoft's hand..

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yup, Im also considering about moving on... The blame is with Microsoft, no one else. I feel while they move forward, they also seem to move backwards. Making the movement forward too slow.

At this moment I don't believe WP will survive. My opinion has changed in the last six months.

The facebook does not work again in my Lumia 1520. Not saying that is my biggest issue with WP, but how ******* long does it take for Microsoft to make it good? To me it seems there are major problems in the management...

Maybe they pull a rabbit out of the hat with threshold... Merging with RT gets the modern Win8 FB app work on our phones. Explaining why facebook didn't want to develop an app for such a short period... Maybe then they release the modern office that also works in our WPs, explaining why the excel in WP is probably the most ridiculous thing in mobile history...

If nothing really exiting happens, and the L1520 stays as a device where in many places the innovation isn't present and everything is just freaking big, I'm gone...

I would much rather attach 2 pdf's to my email than go to another OS, but the ball is in Microsoft's hand..

Well then I suggest you go to Android because iOS won't let you attach anything from an email. You can share via email but not attach in the normal sense. WP8 at least allows you to attach pictures. I've always found this to be unacceptable since Outlook on WinMo was without equal. There is a workaround though, it's an app called Mail Plus. It's a 3rd party email client that let's you attach any type of file with its built-in file browser.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
No. The kool aid tastes like waste over there. been there once, and I am not going back, and lost a lot of money bailing in the process. Windows/Microsoft all the way for me. Android is no where in the picture either. Microsoft/Nokia makes the best handsets/OS in the market today. They are not in market share because of 1. Apple/Android fan boys and 2. Marketing. They are just starting to market the phones now. The Microsoft products available now are the best on the market. The surface pro 3 and nokia phones are the two devices I will purchase this year.

Because of fanboys? That is just an incredibly stupid comment, grow up.

Quinn FitzGerald

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I am buying 6+. I would go 6, but, the extra battery life does matter for me.

I am buying it because I try to stay current on major mobile OS, and, the iPhone 4 doesn't handle iOS 7 to well... much less 8...

Only complaint is the base storage is 16GB instead of 32GB (you doubled all else Apple ><), the RAM seemingly still only being 1GB (I run lots of tabs, I frequently have 9 on UC browser and 3-9 on IE also) and the fact it is to damn thin and light. I'm going to need to get a case, probably a heavy one.
addendum: The 1520 is also far to light. The 920 is the only smartphone I can recall owning that is almost heavy enough for its size (it feels heavier than the 1520 when used, personally). I would own a ~300 gram 1520 with extra weight via thicker + larger battery if possible.

I'm also getting a OnePlus One whenever friend finally pulls the trigger and gets a code for me *Grumble grumble*

That puts me with 6+, 1520 and OnePlus One for iOS, Android and WP ^__^

Last edited:

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Well then I suggest you go to Android because iOS won't let you attach anything from an email. You can share via email but not attach in the normal sense. WP8 at least allows you to attach pictures. I've always found this to be unacceptable since Outlook on WinMo was without equal. There is a workaround though, it's an app called Mail Plus. It's a 3rd party email client that let's you attach any type of file with its built-in file browser.

Hmmm, I think you are using a older version of WP, 8.1 lets you attach word, pdf and other documents.it just wont let you put multiple documents on to one email from the office hub. Which I think is weird from Microsoft's part, you put the function there but don't polish it. Well maybe its once again being polished and coming later.

But to the more interesting matter: iOS won't let you attach anything to an email? I never owned an iDevice so I have no idea really, but that sounds crazy.

I got the L1520 so I could drop one device I from my workflow, a device that I use pretty rarely, my WinRT tablet. But I would then of course want my humoungous phone to able to come close with its functions. To me just making everything big in places isnt good enough. Same of course goes to Apple. If they make an 5.5" device, they should take advantage of the screen size.

I wouldn't want to go Google, or to iOS that matter. The thought has been there more and more lately though.

Quinn FitzGerald

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
But to the more interesting matter: iOS won't let you attach anything to an email? I never owned an iDevice so I have no idea really, but that sounds crazy.

Odd, I remember attaching things to email from iPHone 4... I think photos, but, I might be going crazy... I barely touch the phone anymore (actually, I don't know where it is currently lol) but I do sending emails with stuff attached... I think it was through the app the attachment came from.... I.E. I would need to be in office to send a powerpoint attached. (obv office on iPhone not a thing when I used as primary)

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
You can attach photos to an email, long press and insert photo on iOS.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You can attach photos to an email, long press and insert photo on iOS.

Either I'm missing something or you misunderstood me. Since I'm not an iOS expert I'll rephrase. If you start an email, type the body of the email, can you then insert a picture from that very screen? I know WP has the paper clip icon to do so but I don't see that option on an iPhone, or iPad for that matter.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you start an email, type the body of the email, can you then insert a picture from that very screen? I know WP has the paper clip icon to do so but I don't see that option on an iPhone, or iPad for that matter.

Yes. Long press somewhere on the message until the magnifying glass comes up. Release and a context menu will come up. Press the right arrow, and then select "Insert Photo or Video".

ecntB2Z.png

OmJEqLn.png

GtiX7h2.png

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
^^ You just made my work life a bit easier, I think. Without starting another phone war, do you not agree this goes against Apple's core philosophy of KISS?

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think that a right-click context menu is not only about as simple as you can get, it's also one of the most common operations standardized across virtually all modern OSs. Given that a long-press is equivalent to the right-click on touch devices, I think it makes perfect sense.

I will say that a button for attachments would be more simple, but I'll bet Apple put some money into design and UI interaction studies before they just arbitrarily did what they did.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
From that perspective, yes, it would make sense. Windows Mobile 6.1/6.5 was menu-driven from press and hold. But it was that way throughout the entire UI, not just certain apps. That's why I like the Opera Mini that was just released, the interface hasn't changed since WinMo so it was easy to fall back on press and hold options. Second nature for me, but a new user may not know that.

Wes D

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Having never seriously considered and iPhone, I'm probably in the "moving from Lumia 1520 to iPhone 6+" camp. Mainly due to one reason - xbox music.

I'm not a fan of the iTunes desktop top, but the Xbox Music app in WP 8.1 is atrocious. I have problems managing my music, songs disappear, show up again, can't download, it takes forever to load, etc. Plus I'm just not sure the car integration is where it should be with Windows Phone. I had a Ford with Microsoft Sync and it was horrible - half the time the device wouldn't connect, etc. My GM cars have no issue with it, but I'm just thinking the iPhone would work better in this regard. Too bad, I've always believed in the Windows Phone O/S but I'm tired of waiting for the next release to get something that I could have had yesterday on Apple.

I have owned WM 6.1, Samsung Focus, LG Quantum, Lumia 920/1020/1520. It sucks to move on sometimes but it's almost time.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat as you.

I have decided to wait to upgrade my 5s. Part of it is the $$$, the other part is the tmobile jump fiasco

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb