Will you purchase the iPhone 6 ?

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sheep man.....they do it cause they are crazy die-hard apple fans

I am so tired of hearing comments like this. It's completely puerile and ignorant.

My favorite desktop OS is Windows 8. I use it at home and I use it at work, both without touch and with keyboard and mouse. I hate the iPad in all of its configurations - I do not think iOS sizes up to tablet size well - and so I use a Surface RT. I've had a Lumia 920, Lumia 520, HTC 8X, and a Lumia 820 which I still have, but I use an iPhone 5S because it works better for me. I'm certainly going to upgrade to an iPhone 6 when I can. You think I'm a sheep? Or a crazy, die-hard Apple fan? You could NOT be more wrong.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I am so tired of hearing comments like this. It's completely puerile and ignorant.

My favorite desktop OS is Windows 8. I use it at home and I use it at work, both without touch and with keyboard and mouse. I hate the iPad in all of its configurations - I do not think iOS sizes up to tablet size well - and so I use a Surface RT. I've had a Lumia 920, Lumia 520, HTC 8X, and a Lumia 820 which I still have, but I use an iPhone 5S because it works better for me. I'm certainly going to upgrade to an iPhone 6 when I can. You think I'm a sheep? Or a crazy, die-hard Apple fan? You could NOT be more wrong.

No, your an exception to the sheeple rule. Most apple sheep have apple everything and you mention ways that something else might be better, then look out, they automatically break out in black turtle necks and glasses.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
No, your an exception to the sheeple rule. Most apple sheep have apple everything and you mention ways that something else might be better, then look out, they automatically break out in black turtle necks and glasses.

Are WP, Android, or BlackBerry users any different?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Make that 2 exceptions. My home desktop is OSX, my laptop is W7. I had my eMac last me from 2004 until just last year. It's still in perfect shape but I can't upgrade past Leopard due to hardware constraints and too many programs only support Snow Leopard and above. By switching from PowerPC to Intel CPUs, Apple effectively did the same as MS did with the WP7.5 to WP8 switch. Did the iSheep storm the Cupertino Palace and burn Steve Jobs in effigy? No, they moved on.

While it's true that hardcore iOS fans can be downright ridiculous in their idolatry, the same can be said for Android, WP or PC fans. Any Phone Wars thread will bear that out.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

The vast majority of iPhone users have Windows PCs. Logic and sales numbers bear that out. And the majority of them get iPhones just because they are used to it and have had good experiences with it and don't bother looking elsewhere.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I was going for the iPhone 6 plus but apple doesn't know how to operate in phablet land so i think the Note 4 is going to get my money instead. You can't come out with an Half *** phablet in the big phone jungle.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

It actually is starting to make sense to go more Apple if you start, their products are getting closer to each other (as in they work better together). Or it could be because they're fanboys ... whichever makes you feel better.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Today is a perfect example of how and why the iPhone will always beat Windows Phone (at least until MS changes their methods):

iOS 8 was released about an hour ago, on the day Apple announced it would be released. I went to Settings>General>Software Update on my AT&T iPhone, and started downloading and installing iOS 8. I then picked up my T-Mobile iPhone (AT&T personal, T-Mobile work), did the same thing, and started downloading and installing iOS 8 on it as well. When I go home and do the same thing on my GFs iPhone 4S, iOS 8 will start downloading and installing on it.

When Microsoft and Nokia announced Windows Phone 8.1 and Cyan were available, I had to wait 2 months before it was available for my Lumia 820.

rpac78

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
No because I'm contractually stuck to my L1520 but even then the lack of a SD card slot kills it for me. I want to use my phone as a replacement for my camera and I don't think $100 for an extra 48gb is fair when I can get one for around $30.

But I'll seriously consider the iphone again if they ever put a SD card slot in.

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am surprised Nokia/Microsoft didn't unveil anything to "combat" the iPhone 6 launch to keep people from switching. I am seriously thinking on going iPhone 6+ full time and use the 1020 as a full camera. My main gripe is that my mail app refuses to show mail correctly, the content always goes off screen and it looks horrible, as well as it never downloads the full email. The fact I cannot really do anything with an email besides reply or delete it. Cortana and the 41mp camera really are the only reasons at the moment why I like my 1020 more. Everything else has been getting on my nerves lately. As well as maps using data even when I downloaded them.

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I am surprised Nokia/Microsoft didn't unveil anything to "combat" the iPhone 6 launch to keep people from switching. I am seriously thinking on going iPhone 6+ full time and use the 1020 as a full camera. My main gripe is that my mail app refuses to show mail correctly, the content always goes off screen and it looks horrible, as well as it never downloads the full email. The fact I cannot really do anything with an email besides reply or delete it. Cortana and the 41mp camera really are the only reasons at the moment why I like my 1020 more. Everything else has been getting on my nerves lately. As well as maps using data even when I downloaded them.

Yeah that was supposed to be the McLaren. MS dropped the ball on that one.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I am surprised Nokia/Microsoft didn't unveil anything to "combat" the iPhone 6 launch to keep people from switching.

Nothing Microsoft could release would ever stop anyone from swtching, upgrading or bus plain old buying an iphone. They know it, everyone else in tech knows it so it would be a waste of time.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Nothing Microsoft could release would ever stop anyone from swtching, upgrading or bus plain old buying an iphone. They know it, everyone else in tech knows it so it would be a waste of time.
Sad, but oh so true. Even the mighty Samsung marketing machine is quiet with the Note 4 pre-order today.

Sent from my LG G3 via Tapatalk

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
You don't get the gist of what I was saying. I was talking about the apple lemmings that Just HAVE TO HAVE everything they release just because its the new "revolutionary" thing. Even though that's the farthest thing from the truth.

My dad bought the IP5s 2 months ago, the call quality on that phone is terrible.. He is always cutting in and out, and the volume while talking is fluctuating constantly. The app argument is over. There is basically every important app available for WP now. Yes apple has 5 times the amount of apps, however I don't need 10,000 fart apps. The higher end wp devices are much nicer than apples same ole same ole since IP1.

The IOS software is boring at best. It does NOTHING. just sits there with icons waiting to do something. The WP software with live tiles you get all your information you need updated in real time. It's a much better more advanced OS. Plus, you don't need the best newest processors to run the software smoothly. This is a fact that most normal people and salespeople don't understand. My wifes first WP was the 520 and it ran fine with windows 8. I actually like that phone a lot. I have an IPhone 4 sitting in my desk now with an exploded battery, just happend out of the blue. I have never had an issue with any other phone for reilabliity but had 2 screens die and this battery explosion with the apple products in my household. Then there is the ease of use on OSX. What a joke that is. Windows is infinantly easier to use than OSX. But marketing and lack of education on consumers parts make them buy apple. Also on that side is the gotta be seen with apple "status symbol". I need to be seen at Starbucks sitting with my MacBook sipping my fake coffee through a straw.

My windows products work miles better than my apple products did when I had them.

The ****** comment is far from incredibly stupid. I have a friend, who is an apple ******, and every time a new product comes out he's like did you see the I"whatever". Its revolutionary. I wish they would quit with that word, because there is nothing revolutionary coming from apple. All smoke and mirrors.

All OS's have icons as they're primary UI, live tiles and widgets are just gimmicky extras. The call quality on my 5s is just fine, and I haven't heard any complaints about that anywhere, on any tech site (of course dad could've gotten a dud). Also the app gap is far from over, just look around this very forum. The App Store has the best and most apps, and even if there was 10,000 fart apps, how about the other million? Are they all junk too? Also, so you have an ip4 with some issues (if these examples are even true), again, a dud. I've had plenty of wp/android duds. I do understand what you mean about the stereotype about the Starbucks/status thing that's been beaten to death for years. That kind of crap only comes from these tech sites and forums. Some of that is true, but any iPhone owner I know likes it for other valid reasons. Really? A "boring" OS? That's your opinion, one that not many share with you.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Today is a perfect example of how and why the iPhone will always beat Windows Phone (at least until MS changes their methods):

iOS 8 was released about an hour ago, on the day Apple announced it would be released. I went to Settings>General>Software Update on my AT&T iPhone, and started downloading and installing iOS 8. I then picked up my T-Mobile iPhone (AT&T personal, T-Mobile work), did the same thing, and started downloading and installing iOS 8 on it as well. When I go home and do the same thing on my GFs iPhone 4S, iOS 8 will start downloading and installing on it.

When Microsoft and Nokia announced Windows Phone 8.1 and Cyan were available, I had to wait 2 months before it was available for my Lumia 820.

It's still not available for my lumia 928 either.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Anybody see those drop test videos on YouTube? Those screens break by just looking at them. The same dude from Phonebuff.com made one for the L920. He had to literally throw it into a concrete street light mooring to break the screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12