Will you purchase the iPhone 6 ?

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
True but neither Android or WP will have the relationship that APPLE has with these service providers. Have you ever wondered why there's always a
"testing" period with WP and Android and not IOS!!! What we have to understand is that APPLE is homemade, homegrown and homeschooled in the US and the US will always back its own. MS is US as well but unfortunately APPLE has shown that they're just about a product that works and looks good while doing so.

brdl04

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
True but neither Android or WP will have the relationship that APPLE has with these service providers. Have you ever wondered why there's always a
"testing" period with WP and Android and not IOS!!! What we have to understand is that APPLE is homemade, homegrown and homeschooled in the US and the US will always back its own. MS is US as well but unfortunately APPLE has shown that they're just about a product that works and looks good while doing so.
it has nothing to do with the US. It has everything to do with leverage. Apple walks into US carrier HQ and says you must do as we say or we will pull our phone from your network. CEO of US carrier sees he will lose literally millions of customers and says.....ok deal. Do as you wish. Microsoft walks in and beggs he carriers to sell the product. Verizon says "ok but we get to decide what color, where our logo goes, and when it get updates. Microsoft says..ok...do as you wish.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Don't forget to mention that the ip6 is the first flexible phone to be released too......oh , wait.

something that bends by just being in your front pocket when you sit is far from a good product.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget to mention that the ip6 is the first flexible phone to be released too......oh , wait.

something that bends by just being in your front pocket when you sit is far from a good product.

This has only happened to 9 people... And those nine people probably put it in their back pockets. This issue is overblown

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
This has only happened to 9 people... And those nine people probably put it in their back pockets. This issue is overblown
No, Apple says only 9 people reported it. That was within an hour of the launch and didn't even include the 354 people that complained rather than reported and the 1,203 that threatened rather than complained. You should check out the RosettaStone spin-doctor language course. ;)

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
No, Apple says only 9 people reported it. That was within an hour of the launch and didn't even include the 354 people that complained rather than reported and the 1,203 that threatened rather than complained. You should check out the RosettaStone spin-doctor language course. ;)

It would still have to be 100k people with the problem for it to even have effected 1% of iPhone 6/+ users. From some estimates, it's roughly 4m 6+ sales, so even going by that it'd have to be 40k to be 1%. That's horrible to happen, but still statistically insignificant.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
It would still have to be 100k people with the problem for it to even have effected 1% of iPhone 6/+ users. From some estimates, it's roughly 4m 6+ sales, so even going by that it'd have to be 40k to be 1%. That's horrible to happen, but still statistically insignificant.

You misunderestimate (homage to GWB) the power of negative press. There are 1696 active NFL players in the league at any given time and to my knowledge there have only been 4 players (Rice, Peterson, Hardy & McDonald) accused of domestic violence this year. Unless my math is way off, that works out to only 1/4 of 1 percent yet the league has been skewered every which way. NOW is calling for Commissioner Goodell to resign, Rice has already had his contract voided and McDonald faces the same fate if indicted. Keep in mind that no criminal court has handed down convictions on 3 of the 4 (Hardy) but in the court of public opinion, they've been tried, convicted and executed.

Still think insignificant percentages don't matter? Try 3,176,000 Ford Pintos produced between 1971 and 1980. Everybody knows about the famous gas tank explosions but there were "only" 117 cases. Do the math.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You misunderestimate (homage to GWB) the power of negative press.

Yeah, it's totally affected iPhone 6/6+ sales. Sales are so far down on those models because of the negative pre... oh, wait, they're not at all. In fact, they've (again) set sales records.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You really think this is over?

Yup.

Apple offered to replace bent units and Consumer Reports showed that it's largely media hype. Unless Apple does an about face and kicks people who actually bring in bent iPhones to the curb, this will disappear like yesterday's antennagate. And then the 6s/6s+ will come out, Apple will have undoubtedly reinforced the phone, and they'll once again break sales records.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yup.

Apple offered to replace bent units and Consumer Reports showed that it's largely media hype. Unless Apple does an about face and kicks people who actually bring in bent iPhones to the curb, this will disappear like yesterday's antennagate. And then the 6s/6s+ will come out, Apple will have undoubtedly reinforced the phone, and they'll once again break sales records.

This is from investor.com:

Last year, Apple sold more than 9 million iPhone 5S and 5C models in the first weekend. The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus launch translated to 11% unit growth year over year, which is a much slow growth rate than previous years.

I want to see what the sales figures are post-bendgate. A lot of these 10 million units were from pre-orders and sales before the reports came out. I'll wait for updated figures before I render final judgment.

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I won't go for the 6 but I may get the 5s and have it for a year. I always switch platforms a lot so this doesn't mean I am not coming back to windows phone.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This came out after the consumer reports test

...so? That means nothing and does not invalidate what I said. If Apple follows through and replaces iPhones bent under normal usage this will disappear like water under a bridge. And then the reinforced 6s/6s+ will come out and Apple will once again bust sales records.

See... it doesn't matter if some dude can bend a phone in a YouTube video. Send me any phone you want, I'll bend it guaranteed. What matters is what happens to the phone under normal usage. Apple sold a f*ckton of new iPhones and as long as those people are handled, they'll keep buying iPhones, and they'll keep telling their friends about how awesome Apple is and their friends will buy iPhones.

We can all sit here and claim outrage and disbelief and shock and rage and all that, but the reality of the situation is exactly what I describe above. And if you believe otherwise, you're fooling yourself.

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
This came out after the consumer reports test....so, no.

iPhone 6 Plus: The Bend Uncut - YouTube

That thing bent like Paper... So if Apple decides to replace bent units, what is going to keep people from bending it themselves when it gets a little to scratch or old. Just bend it a little go into the Apple store and come out with a new phone. I think you will probably see more coming for sure...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
...so? That means nothing and does not invalidate what I said. If Apple follows through and replaces iPhones bent under normal usage this will disappear like water under a bridge. And then the reinforced 6s/6s+ will come out and Apple will once again bust sales records.

See... it doesn't matter if some dude can bend a phone in a YouTube video. Send me any phone you want, I'll bend it guaranteed. What matters is what happens to the phone under normal usage. Apple sold a f*ckton of new iPhones and as long as those people are handled, they'll keep buying iPhones, and they'll keep telling their friends about how awesome Apple is and their friends will buy iPhones.

We can all sit here and claim outrage and disbelief and shock and rage and all that, but the reality of the situation is exactly what I describe above. And if you believe otherwise, you're fooling yourself.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but facts are facts. Apple has taken a hit in the public eye whether you want to believe it or not. What's worse is that Wall Street is paying attention.

Apple stock dinged $23B since iPhone 6 | America's Markets

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Apple has taken a hit in the public eye whether you want to believe it or not.

...again, so?

Apple took a hit in the public eye for antennagate, too. Didn't seem to have any lasting effect. But the important part of what I'm saying, the part that is bigger than some dude bending phones on YouTube or, even, Wall Street itself is this: if Apple takes care of the people whose phones bend through normal usage, this will be another anntenagate-esque non-issue. Because it doesn't matter if Apple's stock takes a bit of a digger, nor does it matter if some dude on YouTube bends 100 phones in a row; all that matters if is Apple takes care of their customers or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3