Will you purchase the iPhone 6 ?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
...again, so?

Apple took a hit in the public eye for antennagate, too. Didn't seem to have any lasting effect. But the important part of what I'm saying, the part that is bigger than some dude bending phones on YouTube or, even, Wall Street itself is this: if Apple takes care of the people whose phones bend through normal usage, this will be another anntenagate-esque non-issue. Because it doesn't matter if Apple's stock takes a bit of a digger, nor does it matter if some dude on YouTube bends 100 phones in a row; all that matters if is Apple takes care of their customers or not.

Digger? That ain't peanuts, that's the GDP of many small nations. A $23 billion devaluation matters if you're a stockholder.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Digger? That ain't peanuts, that's the GDP of many small nations.

...again, so?

Stock that goes down can come back up just as quickly. Wall Street is a fickle b*tch.

People are so quick around here to mention the "cult of Apple" and "iSheep" and "Apple fanboys", yet they don't want to recognize the power that gives Apple. All Apple has to do is keep their customers happy and bendgate will become an un-hype-able issue, the stock will rebound, and, again, the 6s/6s+ will sell like gangbusters.

That is the reality.

Last edited:

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
You misunderestimate (homage to GWB) the power of negative press. There are 1696 active NFL players in the league at any given time and to my knowledge there have only been 4 players (Rice, Peterson, Hardy & McDonald) accused of domestic violence this year. Unless my math is way off, that works out to only 1/4 of 1 percent yet the league has been skewered every which way. NOW is calling for Commissioner Goodell to resign, Rice has already had his contract voided and McDonald faces the same fate if indicted. Keep in mind that no criminal court has handed down convictions on 3 of the 4 (Hardy) but in the court of public opinion, they've been tried, convicted and executed.

Still think insignificant percentages don't matter? Try 3,176,000 Ford Pintos produced between 1971 and 1980. Everybody knows about the famous gas tank explosions but there were "only" 117 cases. Do the math.

You misunderstimate :)P) the good will that Apple has forged over the years. They'll still sell 40-60m of the 6/+ over a quarter. This isn't really going to hurt them all that much.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Costco sells the iPhone 6. They have sold iPads and iPods for many years, but I don't know if I've seen them sell iPhones before.
I looked at the Plus, and I gotta say... meh. Of course, I've said "meh" about iPhones since iPhone 1. I just don't get what people find so good about them. I've used friends' iPhones several times occasionally and they are.. fine, I guess. I have an iPad Mini that my son uses. It's fine too, I suppose.

But I digress. What I came to say was that "No, and after looking at the Plus in the store I find myself even less inclined to buy one". Also, I wish Costco would sell Windows Phones.

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
There are only two OS that matter in the U.S.A., that is IOS and Android. And most people have made up their mind about what they want. I don't think bendgate will have an influence on anyone's decision.

HAMEDACC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
There are only two OS that matter in the U.S.A., that is IOS and Android. And most people have made up their mind about what they want. I don't think bendgate will have an influence on anyone's decision.
I dont think so, It was just my last question before buying iphone 6 ;)

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
This is from investor.com:

Last year, Apple sold more than 9 million iPhone 5S and 5C models in the first weekend. The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus launch translated to 11% unit growth year over year, which is a much slow growth rate than previous years.

I want to see what the sales figures are post-bendgate. A lot of these 10 million units were from pre-orders and sales before the reports came out. I'll wait for updated figures before I render final judgment.
Let me help you out...Is Apple Nearing 20 Million iPhone 6 Sales Already? Signs Point To Yes - Forbes

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
NO thanks ! over price, long out of date specifications and dull as dishwater IOS8. And in with other iPhone users groups .. couldn't imagine being in the flock,

Last edited:

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I said very early in this thread that I'd definitely be getting the iPhone 6 Plus. Bendgate is probably way overblown by WP and Android fanboys but it's enough to put me off spending that much on one and risking it bending seeing as I keep mine predominantly in my trouser pocket and likely to test that theory. After my Galaxy Note 3 I came back to WP with a Lumia 1520 instead. No way that's gonna bend in my pocket...in fact my 1320 I had earlier this year was impressively robust. I did quite want the iWatch though and would love for Microsoft to come up with something remotely similar

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Forget Bendgate, Apple has more serious problems to deal with. The adoption rate for iOS8 has stagnated at the 40% mark. I have a company IP5 and the update blows. Even my office manager, who is a diehard Apple freak, says it sucks.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Not a big deal, they will get the small amount of issues they have quickly figured out. A lot of people aren't updating due to the amount of free space required for the update. Also many people are still using iphone 4 and 4s. Those should stay on 7 as they are old hardware. To the OP's question, don't buy iphone 6, buy 6+!!

HAMEDACC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
To the OP's question, don't buy iphone 6, buy 6+!!

Now, I have a lumia 720 with 4.3 screen and the size of screen and device both are really good for me and easy in my hand. I know 6+ has Optical Stabilizer and landscape mode and I don't fear of bending but I really feel good with 4.7 size.
Is there any option in 6+ that u suggest it to me?
Thx.Peace

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3