Very unimpressed by iOS 8...

Status
Not open for further replies.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
What IOS 8 is doing is equivalent to Microsoft dropping a fingerprint scanner after customers asked for a file manger lol.

What? That does not make sense. Apple added functionality to iOS, more so than WP IMO. Windows Phone 8.1 fixed some stuff but didn't bring some stuff that iOS is now going to have after Android and even BlackBerry 10 have had for a while.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Why did you pick a 27 inch iMac? When you guys bring up price you always pick the most expensive ones but never pick the cheapest ones. If we compare prices. The prices of the iMacs are inline with Windows All in Ones. Not over priced and if they are Windows computers are overpriced too.

I'm not the one to compare prices because I've built my laptops and desktops but I do know for what's inside they're overpriced.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm not the one to compare prices because I've built my laptops and desktops but I do know for what's inside they're overpriced.

How? They are the same specs compared to AIOs in the provided screenshots. Perceived value is not actual value. You may think they are overpriced but they are in fact the same prices and specs as similar Windows computers.

Ivin Laney

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
What is more likely, that people will have a Microsoft computer or Mac?
Mac are, much like iPhones to expensive. For price of 27" Mac I can buy a comparable Windows PC (including screen and all other things), Lumia 1520 and Windows tablet.

Show me where a person can get an all-in-one, a flagship level phone, and a tablet for only $1700. I own a 27" iMac and it is very price competitive with the windows all in ones with the same specs.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

This was question for me and I have been also building my own PCs. Why did I chose 27" Mac? Because last year I bought new PC with 27" Samsung screen. I was not talking about all-in ones but about void old PCs, you know those black boxes you put Andy the table.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
How? They are the same specs compared to AIOs in the provided screenshots. Perceived value is not actual value. You may think they are overpriced but they are in fact the same prices and specs as similar Windows computers.

The bottom level MacBook air cost 900 bones.
For the same price I can get a bigger (14 inch) Dell laptop with a higher processor, more than double the harddrive space, more ram and still get cash back.

Ivin Laney

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
This was question for me and I have been also building my own PCs. Why did I chose 27" Mac? Because last year I bought new PC with 27" Samsung screen. I was not talking about all-in ones but about void old PCs, you know those black boxes you put Andy the table.
Then don't compare that with 27" iMac because it's not the same thing. A better comparison is the $599 Mac Mini with a 27 inch Samsung screen.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The bottom level MacBook air cost 900 bones.
For the same price I can get a bigger (14 inch) Dell laptop with a higher processor, more than double the harddrive space, more ram and still get cash back.

What Dell you are talking about?

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Why the hell wouldn't I? It's a computer. But OK you can take Mac mini, I have quad core i5 so my is more powerful, I have 8GB Ram, I do have 500Gb had but I also have 120 gb ssd. For this was the price the same as it would be Mac mini. Not so big difference now but you get more for your money.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok Christoper, you got point.

So IOS 8 isn't bad but is not enough for most of Windows Phone fans, Apple products are overpriced and Microsoft has some work to do.

Good night guys, or have a nice day (if you are from US).

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Not even the same class of laptop. (Worse graphics, worse battery life, no SSD, etc) I'd rather run windows on the MBA

Neither one had good graphics. They're running off of the CPU (no graphics card). Apple doesn't say what type of battery it had so you can't say worse battery. And 128gb SSD is ok but 1tb HDD is a fair trade off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs