The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-22-2014 10:43 PM
423 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Someone that big just does not fall. Especially since they are GROWING and not shrinking. You may have to wait 5-10 (or more) years for them to get where Nokia and BlackBerry are at.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    yeah i guess you are right about the 5-10 year thing, i forgot samsung also makes other appliances
    06-05-2014 08:31 AM
    How is iOS 8 a disappointment? What did people expect? I mean seriously, iOS 8 has more features that WP for Pete's sake now. Did people expect iOS 8 to have a huge software redesign or something?

see i have alot of ipads etc at my business,home,office etc so i have a fair idea of how ios is,was etc
    ios 8 isnt a huuge update in itself,its a disapointment in a way for ios lovers like me
    ios 7 has 98% of ios 8 features etc,nothing has been changed majorly as such in ios 8 over ios 7
    Last edited by Karthik Naik; 06-05-2014 at 08:46 AM.
    06-05-2014 08:33 AM
    yeah i guess you are right about the 5-10 year thing, i forgot samsung also makes other appliances
    They make everything. Samsung Group (because Samsung is a conglomerate) makes everything from cars to phones. Though their cars are only in Korea. You can have very piece of tech in your life (including Washing machines and dryers) be Samsung appliances and electronics.

06-05-2014 08:34 AM
    No lol. Apple has earned their prices and no matter how much you and others call them overpriced they still have millions of people buying their products.

i didnt disagree on that but for a user looking for performance and upgrades, it is overpriced
    for say my parents, a macbook air 11" makes perfect sense but if i give it to my 16 year old cousin, he might not like it as he cant play games on it,lack of storage etc
    thats what my point was

plus they are overpriced when they ask for half the price of an old macbook pro to replace an old macbook pro mobo
    an older regular laptop on the other hand, can be repaired for $200
    06-05-2014 08:37 AM
    They make everything. Samsung Group (because Samsung is a conglomerate) makes everything from cars to phones. Though their cars are only in Korea. You can have very piece of tech in your life (including Washing machines and dryers) be Samsung appliances and electronics.

i guess so
    btw its Renault-samsung cars not just samsung
    06-05-2014 08:38 AM
    see i have alot of ipads etc at my business,home,office etc so i have a fair idea of how ios is,was etc
    ios 8 isnt a huuge update in itself,its a disapointment in a way for ios lovers like me
    ios 7 has 98& of ios 8 features etc,nothing has been changed majorly as such in ios 8 over ios 7
    Nothing has changed majorly?

http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/6/2/...lk-about-today

http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/6/2/...u-need-to-know

http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/6/2/...-minutes-video

06-05-2014 08:39 AM
    i didnt disagree on that but for a user looking for performance and upgrades, it is overpriced
    for say my parents, a macbook air 11" makes perfect sense but if i give it to my 16 year old cousin, he might not like it as he cant play games on it,lack of storage etc
    thats what my point was

plus they are overpriced when they ask for half the price of an old macbook pro to replace an old macbook pro mobo
    an older regular laptop on the other hand, can be repaired for $200
    Have you not heard of Apple Care and Apple Stores which offer the best in support?

06-05-2014 08:40 AM
    i guess so
    btw its Renault-samsung cars not just samsung

It's still Samsung cars though. They are just a Subsidiary of Renault.

Karthik Naik likes this.
    06-05-2014 08:42 AM
    will you use the "updates" in your daily routine? i dont think so
    06-05-2014 08:43 AM
    It's still Samsung cars though. They are just a Subsidiary of Renault.

ohh okk i just saw it,didnt know they made cars before you told me
    A895 likes this.
    06-05-2014 08:43 AM
    Have you not heard of Apple Care and Apple Stores which offer the best in support?

thats what i said in my previous post, they will charge you $800 for a new mobo whereas a dell mobo change costs less than $200 for a laptop that old(2007)
    06-05-2014 08:45 AM
    will you use the "updates" in your daily routine? i dont think so
    I don't use iOS. But if I did, I definitely would.

06-05-2014 08:47 AM
    How is iOS 8 a disappointment? What did people expect? I mean seriously, iOS 8 has more features that WP for Pete's sake now. Did people expect iOS 8 to have a huge software redesign or something?

btw its a disappointment compared to ios 7
    plus i wouldnt call ios ahead of WP as such
    its a great os no doubt but it lacks NFC, BT file transfer,iTunes problems
    having to put up with that gradient interface is also a pain
    06-05-2014 08:48 AM
    thats what i said in my previous post, they will charge you $800 for a new mobo whereas a dell mobo change costs less than $200 for a laptop that old(2007)
    They won't charge you $800. They will offer you Apple Care when you but and Apple Product in the first place which handles any loss or damage. I have heard a lot of stories where Appeal will replace or fix stuff for free.

06-05-2014 08:49 AM
    I don't use iOS. But if I did, I definitely would.

i have ipads in my business,home etc and i dont see myself using those features even if they were added to WP
    06-05-2014 08:49 AM
    They won't charge you $800. They will offer you Apple Care when you but and Apple Product in the first place which handles any loss or damage. I have heard a lot of stories where Appeal will replace or fix stuff for free.

thats within the warranty period plus warranty comes expensive(atleast here in my country) so it will come up to the same price anyway
    06-05-2014 08:50 AM
    btw its a disappointment compared to ios 7
    plus i wouldnt call ios ahead of WP as such
    its a great os no doubt but it lacks NFC, BT file transfer,iTunes problems
    having to put up with that gradient interface is also a pain
    NFC is a cell phone specific feature and wouldn't be part of an OS update. BT File transfer is such a rare usage case, I can see why they didn't have it yet. Also iTunes interface is a subjective matter.

06-05-2014 08:50 AM
    i have ipads in my business,home etc and i dont see myself using those features even if they were added to WP
    Your initiative. I don't use iOS at all.

06-05-2014 08:51 AM
    NFC is a cell phone specific feature and wouldn't be part of an OS update. BT File transfer is such a rare usage case, I can see why they didn't have it yet. Also iTunes interface is a subjective matter.

i know but NFC support could be added to ios 8 and maybe iphone 6 would include it hardware wise
    BT transfer isnt used regurlarly but you will need it for large file transfers etc like videos
    06-05-2014 08:52 AM
    Don't know what the argument is about. From what was presented it's clear that Apple wants to retain it's current market share. The new features they have appeal to those with both an iPhone and a Mac. If you have only one, well then all that's happened is catching up to Android and WP.

Karthik Naik likes this.
    06-05-2014 09:08 AM
    Just like so many are unimpressed with BB10, Android KitKat or... *gasp* Windows Phone 8.1...
    I've been a windows phone user for about the last month and an iPhone user since iPhone 3. Stop trolling bro bro.
    06-05-2014 09:09 AM
    i know but NFC support could be added to ios 8 and maybe iphone 6 would include it hardware wise
    BT transfer isnt used regurlarly but you will need it for large file transfers etc like videos
    They probably don't want to add it yet. I mean, this is Apple they do things gradually.

06-05-2014 09:23 AM
    Don't know what the argument is about. From what was presented it's clear that Apple wants to retain it's current market share. The new features they have appeal to those with both an iPhone and a Mac. If you have only one, well then all that's happened is catching up to Android and WP.

You mean Android? Because iOS 8 goes OTA around the same time as WP8.1 and even then iOS 8 still has more features.

06-05-2014 09:24 AM

true dat,after all ecosystem matters for the best experience
    06-05-2014 09:29 AM
    You mean Android? Because iOS 8 goes OTA around the same time as WP8.1 and even then iOS 8 still has more features.

ios is an older OS, ios 8 is a minor update despite them calling it a major update
    wp is newer,wp8.1 is a major update in the true sense of it
    06-05-2014 09:30 AM
423 ... 1213141516 ...