11-22-2014 10:43 PM
423 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    What IOS 8 is doing is equivalent to Microsoft dropping a fingerprint scanner after customers asked for a file manger lol.
    06-03-2014 02:06 PM
    People are getting fed up with seeing Android and WP doing things their phones will never do but they don't have choice because they're trapped in this apple ecosystem.
    Source?

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    06-03-2014 02:06 PM
    What IOS 8 is doing is equivalent to Microsoft dropping a fingerprint scanner after customers asked for a file manger lol.
    What? That does not make sense. Apple added functionality to iOS, more so than WP IMO. Windows Phone 8.1 fixed some stuff but didn't bring some stuff that iOS is now going to have after Android and even BlackBerry 10 have had for a while.

06-03-2014 02:08 PM
    Why did you pick a 27 inch iMac? When you guys bring up price you always pick the most expensive ones but never pick the cheapest ones. If we compare prices. The prices of the iMacs are inline with Windows All in Ones. Not over priced and if they are Windows computers are overpriced too.

I'm not the one to compare prices because I've built my laptops and desktops but I do know for what's inside they're overpriced.
    06-03-2014 02:08 PM
    Source?

Market share, recent lower iPad and iPhone sales.
    06-03-2014 02:09 PM
    I'm not the one to compare prices because I've built my laptops and desktops but I do know for what's inside they're overpriced.
    How? They are the same specs compared to AIOs in the provided screenshots. Perceived value is not actual value. You may think they are overpriced but they are in fact the same prices and specs as similar Windows computers.

06-03-2014 02:09 PM
    What is more likely, that people will have a Microsoft computer or Mac?
    Mac are, much like iPhones to expensive. For price of 27" Mac I can buy a comparable Windows PC (including screen and all other things), Lumia 1520 and Windows tablet.
    Show me where a person can get an all-in-one, a flagship level phone, and a tablet for only $1700. I own a 27" iMac and it is very price competitive with the windows all in ones with the same specs.
    A895 likes this.
    06-03-2014 02:12 PM

This was question for me and I have been also building my own PCs. Why did I chose 27" Mac? Because last year I bought new PC with 27" Samsung screen. I was not talking about all-in ones but about void old PCs, you know those black boxes you put Andy the table.
    06-03-2014 02:15 PM
    How? They are the same specs compared to AIOs in the provided screenshots. Perceived value is not actual value. You may think they are overpriced but they are in fact the same prices and specs as similar Windows computers.

The bottom level MacBook air cost 900 bones.
    For the same price I can get a bigger (14 inch) Dell laptop with a higher processor, more than double the harddrive space, more ram and still get cash back.
    06-03-2014 02:18 PM
    This was question for me and I have been also building my own PCs. Why did I chose 27" Mac? Because last year I bought new PC with 27" Samsung screen. I was not talking about all-in ones but about void old PCs, you know those black boxes you put Andy the table.
    Then don't compare that with 27" iMac because it's not the same thing. A better comparison is the $599 Mac Mini with a 27 inch Samsung screen.
    06-03-2014 02:19 PM
    06-03-2014 02:22 PM
    For the same price I can get a bigger (14 inch) Dell laptop with a higher processor, more than double the harddrive space, more ram and still get cash back.
    Which Dell are you talking about?

Edit: I see it.
    06-03-2014 02:22 PM
    What Dell you are talking about?

06-03-2014 02:26 PM
    Not much of a price difference to call it overpriced.

06-03-2014 02:28 PM
    Why the hell wouldn't I? It's a computer. But OK you can take Mac mini, I have quad core i5 so my is more powerful, I have 8GB Ram, I do have 500Gb had but I also have 120 gb ssd. For this was the price the same as it would be Mac mini. Not so big difference now but you get more for your money.
    06-03-2014 02:32 PM
    We're getting off topic. IOS 8 is pretty lackluster. That's all.
    06-03-2014 02:34 PM
    Not even the same class of laptop. (Worse graphics, worse battery life, no SSD, etc) I'd rather run windows on the MBA
    A895 likes this.
    06-03-2014 02:37 PM
    Ok Christoper, you got point.

So IOS 8 isn't bad but is not enough for most of Windows Phone fans, Apple products are overpriced and Microsoft has some work to do.

Good night guys, or have a nice day (if you are from US).
    06-03-2014 02:48 PM
    Not even the same class of laptop. (Worse graphics, worse battery life, no SSD, etc) I'd rather run windows on the MBA
    Neither one had good graphics. They're running off of the CPU (no graphics card). Apple doesn't say what type of battery it had so you can't say worse battery. And 128gb SSD is ok but 1tb HDD is a fair trade off.
    06-03-2014 02:51 PM
    Ok Christoper, you got point.

So IOS 8 isn't bad but is not enough for most of Windows Phone fans, Apple products are overpriced and Microsoft has some work to do.

Good night guys, or have a nice day (if you are from US).
    peace.
    06-03-2014 02:52 PM
    Do you feel that way about the Surface Pro 3? I keep hearing this claim that Apple products are overpriced and yet when Microsoft produces a product with price-parity of an Apple alternative, suddenly the Microsoft product is not overpriced... but reasonably priced.
    A895 likes this.
    06-03-2014 03:58 PM
    Do you feel that way about the Surface Pro 3? I keep hearing this claim that Apple products are overpriced and yet when Microsoft produces a product with price-parity of an Apple alternative, suddenly the Microsoft product is not overpriced... but reasonably priced.
    What is the Apple alternative to a Surface Pro 3?
    06-03-2014 04:01 PM
    It's really hard to pin the surface pro 3. Can you get a cheaper laptop with better specs for the price, yes. In that form factor, probably not. The surface biggest feature is its dual laptop tablet hybrid stance. As just a laptop it can be beat as far as price because for 2k dollars you could build a beast of a laptop. As just a tablet it can be beat because of lack of apps plus lack of LTE and price again as you can get an iPad for less than its starting price. But together it's a fair price as you're getting a blend of both.
    06-03-2014 04:10 PM
    What is the Apple alternative to a Surface Pro 3?
    Microsoft believes that the Macbook Air is an (inferior) alternative.

It's really hard to pin the surface pro 3. Can you get a cheaper laptop with better specs for the price, yes. In that form factor, probably not. The surface biggest feature is its dual laptop tablet hybrid stance. As just a laptop it can be beat as far as price because for 2k dollars you could build a beast of a laptop. As just a tablet it can be beat because of lack of apps plus lack of LTE and price again as you can get an iPad for less than its starting price. But together it's a fair price as you're getting a blend of both.
    That's what I suspected.
    06-03-2014 04:11 PM
    Do you feel that way about the Surface Pro 3? .
    Yes, the Surface series is over priced, I can get another brand PC with the same specs for cheaper, Or a $300 laptop that will run Office and browse the web, can't do that with apple and chromebooks aren't as versatile. People like to argue dumb points that aren't valid all the time, but bottom line for me is PC's give me better value for my money, and I probably wont be buying a Surface any time soon.
    06-03-2014 04:16 PM
423 ... 7891011 ...