Very unimpressed by iOS 8...

Status
Not open for further replies.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
hahahaha im assuming you are sarcastic on this one
dont get me wrong i love apple but they are overpriced and overrated except for ipad and appletv

How are they overpriced? I provided screenshots in my previous showing where iMacs and Windows AIOs are in the same price range and have the same specs.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
unbranded phones are winning more than samsung actually, samsung is dropping fast

What? That is not true. Samsung made over $30 billion on mobile and they are doing nothing but growing. You have a source for that claim?

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
What? That is not true. Samsung made over $30 billion on mobile and they are doing nothing but growing. You have a source for that claim?

He won't... Many of our patrons here at WP central are some of the worst fanboys you could imagine.

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
You're joking, right? People don't know about SD cards and removable batteries? I know old people who don't even own smartphones that know about removable batteries in cell phones. And way too many devices use SD cards for you to say such nonsense.
I'm sorry to burst your bubble but the majority of people definitely do not know about SD cards and different charging technologies. Batteries I probably agree with you on, but the population who are knowledgeable about tech is much smaller than you think.
Btw this thread is way off topic.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
He won't... Many of our patrons here at WP central are some of the worst fanboys you could imagine.

fanboys? wow you are mistaken,Sir,very highly mistaken
im gonna correct you on that, im a customer and user of alot of brands including samsung,apple,nokia,.....
i have owned,own and use alot of devices on a daily basis and from what i see, samsung is going downhill in quality etc
people opt for Moto phones,iphones and micromax phones instead of samsung atleast in my country
pls stick to the topic and refrain from calling names :)

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

it may be winning on paper but from what i see , samsungs demand is reducing fast
my dads friend owns a electronics chain and we keep having discussions about each brand and if I should buy their products etc
he himself says he avoids samsung and opts for LG these days and that even his customers dont buy much of samsung
samsung has alot of potential but a few basic things here and there should be fixed to get back up(atleast in my country)
i know its probably still popular elsewhere but people flock to Moto these days

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
fanboys? wow you are mistaken,Sir,very highly mistaken
im gonna correct you on that, im a customer and user of alot of brands including samsung,apple,nokia,.....
i have owned,own and use alot of devices on a daily basis and from what i see, samsung is going downhill in quality etc
people opt for Moto phones,iphones and micromax phones instead of samsung atleast in my country
pls stick to the topic and refrain from calling names :)

Samsung hasn't been quality in several years. Your personal observations don't reflect the facts though

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that Apple products are overpriced anymore. The products are just in a high price class. At least in my country high-end phone prices increased and are now pretty much in the same range as the iPhones, and Mac prices decreased over the last few years. Also, you can't compare a cheap 400 $ laptop to a MacBook Air/Pro. Whenever I compared Mac hardware to Windows hardware, there was no clear winner in price. Even without considering that Apple products provide some of the best build quality available.

Anyway, if you want the specs of a MacBook Pro in a Windows machine, you usually have to look at these disgusting and huge gaming laptops. Only recently there are products that are really comparable.

Personally I still prefer Windows though. At least since Windows 8 is getting fixed to my taste ;-)

I however don't think that my opinion changes anything in this thread. ;-)

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I don't think that Apple products are overpriced anymore. The products are just in a high price class. At least in my country high-end phone prices increased and are now pretty much in the same range as the iPhones, and Mac prices decreased over the last few years. Also, you can't compare a cheap 400 $ laptop to a MacBook Air/Pro. Whenever I compared Mac hardware to Windows hardware, there was no clear winner in price. Even without considering that Apple products provide some of the best build quality available.

Anyway, if you want the specs of a MacBook Pro in a Windows machine, you usually have to look at these disgusting and huge gaming laptops. Only recently there are products that are really comparable.

Personally I still prefer Windows though. At least since Windows 8 is getting fixed to my taste ;-)

I however don't think that my opinion changes anything in this thread. ;-)

true dat
though at the lower end macbooks and imacs are a bit overpriced as such but you get what you pay for and the brushed aluminium finish is great,plus the macbook runs cooler thanks to this as well
the only drawback is apple restricts changes to ram,hdd etc unless its a regular macbook pro so its best to buy the best config possible
at the mid and higher end its great
apple has better quality than most other brands-read samsung etc

as for a comparison with a similiar windows laptop, you have an option of a great config (with a plastic body and usually poor keys unless its a proper performance laptop) or a lower config with limited upgradability but excellent build quality and decent performance plus better battery life , all at the same price

config and performance wise,the macbook loses out

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
it may be winning on paper but from what i see , samsungs demand is reducing fast
my dads friend owns a electronics chain and we keep having discussions about each brand and if I should buy their products etc
he himself says he avoids samsung and opts for LG these days and that even his customers dont buy much of samsung
samsung has alot of potential but a few basic things here and there should be fixed to get back up(atleast in my country)
i know its probably still popular elsewhere but people flock to Moto these days

Samsung demand isn't reducing. But worldwide they are still the biggest electronics manufacturer and in real life (not on paper) their popularity or money flow is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
true dat
though at the lower end macbooks and imacs are a bit overpriced as such but you get what you pay for and the brushed aluminium finish is great,plus the macbook runs cooler thanks to this as well
the only drawback is apple restricts changes to ram,hdd etc unless its a regular macbook pro so its best to buy the best config possible
at the mid and higher end its great
apple has better quality than most other brands-read samsung etc

as for a comparison with a similiar windows laptop, you have an option of a great config (with a plastic body and usually poor keys unless its a proper performance laptop) or a lower config with limited upgradability but excellent build quality and decent performance plus better battery life , all at the same price

config and performance wise,the macbook loses out

How does the Macbooks loses out if a comparable window machine has compromises? That does not make sense.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Adopted lightning connector is no faster than any l an ordinary USB connector. Apple only implemented it to sell Apple charging devices. People do want to be able to use a regular cheap cable to charge their phone. And as you said high end phones have SD cards and Apple is super to be as premium as it gets. You mention Apple never had these things which emphasizes my point. Apple doesn't add the feature people want. Lack of SD card, bigger size, USB charging are reasons Android is winning the phone battle.

While I agree on the Lightning Connector thing: The average-Joe doesn't really notice or care. All they know is they're buying a phone, and it comes with a charging cable. They don't care about industry standards and port specifications and such, so long as it works. While I also loathe the Lightning Connector, it'd be just plain wrong to say that it doesn't work. It does work for most people, and that's all they care about. Especially when, in places like the US, so many people have iPhones that there's always someone with a spare charger lying around.

Not all high end phones have SD cards. With the exception of the 1520: all of Nokia's flagships lack SD expansion. Many flagships lack this, and from an average consumer standpoint: trying to figure out the difference between memory on your phone and the memory on an SD card can be odd. For us tech enthusiasts, this is a novel concept, and we want ALL THE GBs! But for most people, 16GB is enough for onboard storage, and there are always higher memory configurations is need-be.

And Apple has finally acknowledged that people want bigger screens, hence why the iPhone 6 will be shipping with a larger display (almost entirely confirmed).

People want these and Apple will finally cave in due to demand on some features but still they're not there yet.

Replace the word "Apple" with "Microsoft," and you sir have just perfectly described Windows Phone. :/

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
You're joking, right? People don't know about SD cards and removable batteries? I know old people who don't even own smartphones that know about removable batteries in cell phones. And way too many devices use SD cards for you to say such nonsense.

You clearly underestimate how ignorant some people are about tech. I know so many people who don't know the difference between an SD Card, a SIM Card or a freaking Graphics Card.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Samsung demand isn't reducing. But worldwide they are still the biggest electronics manufacturer and in real life (not on paper) their popularity or money flow is not going anywhere anytime soon.

it will
see how nokia and BB were reduced to the 3rd and 4th positions
samsung will fall bad if they dont act fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo