Very unimpressed by iOS 8...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Just like so many are unimpressed with BB10, Android KitKat or... *gasp* Windows Phone 8.1...

ios 8 is a real dissappointment imho
i dont see any major changes from ios 7.1 they should have named it ios 7.2 and called it a day

kit kat was a welcome change to android actually
wp8.1 was a true major update as well
BB10 is a sad story , alot of potential but massively underestimated

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
it will
see how nokia and BB were reduced to the 3rd and 4th positions
samsung will fall bad if they dont act fast

Someone that big just does not fall. Especially since they are GROWING and not shrinking. You may have to wait 5-10 (or more) years for them to get where Nokia and BlackBerry are at.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
lets take a Z510 or some HP and a macbook air as an example
is it clearer now?

No lol. Apple has earned their prices and no matter how much you and others call them overpriced they still have millions of people buying their products.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
ios 8 is a real dissappointment imho
i dont see any major changes from ios 7.1 they should have named it ios 7.2 and called it a day

kit kat was a welcome change to android actually
wp8.1 was a true major update as well
BB10 is a sad story , alot of potential but massively underestimated

How is iOS 8 a disappointment? What did people expect? I mean seriously, iOS 8 has more features that WP for Pete's sake now. Did people expect iOS 8 to have a huge software redesign or something?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Someone that big just does not fall. Especially since they are GROWING and not shrinking. You may have to wait 5-10 (or more) years for them to get where Nokia and BlackBerry are at.

yeah i guess you are right about the 5-10 year thing, i forgot samsung also makes other appliances

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
How is iOS 8 a disappointment? What did people expect? I mean seriously, iOS 8 has more features that WP for Pete's sake now. Did people expect iOS 8 to have a huge software redesign or something?

see i have alot of ipads etc at my business,home,office etc so i have a fair idea of how ios is,was etc
ios 8 isnt a huuge update in itself,its a disapointment in a way for ios lovers like me
ios 7 has 98% of ios 8 features etc,nothing has been changed majorly as such in ios 8 over ios 7

Last edited:

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
yeah i guess you are right about the 5-10 year thing, i forgot samsung also makes other appliances

They make everything. Samsung Group (because Samsung is a conglomerate) makes everything from cars to phones. Though their cars are only in Korea. You can have very piece of tech in your life (including Washing machines and dryers) be Samsung appliances and electronics.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
No lol. Apple has earned their prices and no matter how much you and others call them overpriced they still have millions of people buying their products.

i didnt disagree on that but for a user looking for performance and upgrades, it is overpriced
for say my parents, a macbook air 11" makes perfect sense but if i give it to my 16 year old cousin, he might not like it as he cant play games on it,lack of storage etc
thats what my point was

plus they are overpriced when they ask for half the price of an old macbook pro to replace an old macbook pro mobo
an older regular laptop on the other hand, can be repaired for $200

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
They make everything. Samsung Group (because Samsung is a conglomerate) makes everything from cars to phones. Though their cars are only in Korea. You can have very piece of tech in your life (including Washing machines and dryers) be Samsung appliances and electronics.

i guess so
btw its Renault-samsung cars not just samsung

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
see i have alot of ipads etc at my business,home,office etc so i have a fair idea of how ios is,was etc
ios 8 isnt a huuge update in itself,its a disapointment in a way for ios lovers like me
ios 7 has 98& of ios 8 features etc,nothing has been changed majorly as such in ios 8 over ios 7

Nothing has changed majorly?

http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/6/2...es-in-ios-8-that-apple-didnt-talk-about-today

http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/6/2...emite-ios-8-and-all-the-news-you-need-to-know

http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/6/2/5774024/apples-wwdc-2014-keynote-in-10-minutes-video

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
i didnt disagree on that but for a user looking for performance and upgrades, it is overpriced
for say my parents, a macbook air 11" makes perfect sense but if i give it to my 16 year old cousin, he might not like it as he cant play games on it,lack of storage etc
thats what my point was

plus they are overpriced when they ask for half the price of an old macbook pro to replace an old macbook pro mobo
an older regular laptop on the other hand, can be repaired for $200

Have you not heard of Apple Care and Apple Stores which offer the best in support?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Have you not heard of Apple Care and Apple Stores which offer the best in support?

thats what i said in my previous post, they will charge you $800 for a new mobo whereas a dell mobo change costs less than $200 for a laptop that old(2007)

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

btw its a disappointment compared to ios 7
plus i wouldnt call ios ahead of WP as such
its a great os no doubt but it lacks NFC, BT file transfer,iTunes problems
having to put up with that gradient interface is also a pain

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
thats what i said in my previous post, they will charge you $800 for a new mobo whereas a dell mobo change costs less than $200 for a laptop that old(2007)

They won't charge you $800. They will offer you Apple Care when you but and Apple Product in the first place which handles any loss or damage. I have heard a lot of stories where Appeal will replace or fix stuff for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb