Very unimpressed by iOS 8...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
They won't charge you $800. They will offer you Apple Care when you but and Apple Product in the first place which handles any loss or damage. I have heard a lot of stories where Appeal will replace or fix stuff for free.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

thats within the warranty period plus warranty comes expensive(atleast here in my country) so it will come up to the same price anyway

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
btw its a disappointment compared to ios 7
plus i wouldnt call ios ahead of WP as such
its a great os no doubt but it lacks NFC, BT file transfer,iTunes problems
having to put up with that gradient interface is also a pain

NFC is a cell phone specific feature and wouldn't be part of an OS update. BT File transfer is such a rare usage case, I can see why they didn't have it yet. Also iTunes interface is a subjective matter.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
NFC is a cell phone specific feature and wouldn't be part of an OS update. BT File transfer is such a rare usage case, I can see why they didn't have it yet. Also iTunes interface is a subjective matter.

i know but NFC support could be added to ios 8 and maybe iphone 6 would include it hardware wise
BT transfer isnt used regurlarly but you will need it for large file transfers etc like videos

spazzmeister

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Don't know what the argument is about. From what was presented it's clear that Apple wants to retain it's current market share. The new features they have appeal to those with both an iPhone and a Mac. If you have only one, well then all that's happened is catching up to Android and WP.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
i know but NFC support could be added to ios 8 and maybe iphone 6 would include it hardware wise
BT transfer isnt used regurlarly but you will need it for large file transfers etc like videos

They probably don't want to add it yet. I mean, this is Apple they do things gradually.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Don't know what the argument is about. From what was presented it's clear that Apple wants to retain it's current market share. The new features they have appeal to those with both an iPhone and a Mac. If you have only one, well then all that's happened is catching up to Android and WP.

You mean Android? Because iOS 8 goes OTA around the same time as WP8.1 and even then iOS 8 still has more features.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

true dat,after all ecosystem matters for the best experience

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You mean Android? Because iOS 8 goes OTA around the same time as WP8.1 and even then iOS 8 still has more features.

ios is an older OS, ios 8 is a minor update despite them calling it a major update
wp is newer,wp8.1 is a major update in the true sense of it

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
ios is an older OS, ios 8 is a minor update despite them calling it a major update
wp is newer,wp8.1 is a major update in the true sense of it

WP8.1 still has less features than iOS 8 regardless of whether you call it a major update or minor. Windows Phone is not that new, that needs to stop. Windows phone has been on the market for almost 4 years now.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
unbranded phones are winning more than samsung actually, samsung is dropping fast

That's the case only in India.but still I only see lot of Samsung galaxies in buses nd trains.I will India is Samsung country.most popular is grand 2 nd grand.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Samsung demand isn't reducing. But worldwide they are still the biggest electronics manufacturer and in real life (not on paper) their popularity or money flow is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Yes I don't see motos in Chennai atleast there are all Samsung galaxies.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Lightning cable > microusb cable, by design only, I love how in the dark I don't have to worry about plugging in my phone wrong.

Feature wise I find iOS has many more useful features than windows phone, android is on par for the most part, I love how my iPhone works great with the Microsoft and Apple ecosystems. I have owned a windows phone from
Oct 2010 until now, and I love my Lumia 920, but my issue with windows phone has nothing to do with the OS, and everything to do with apps, (missing, quality) sometimes third party apps cover for missing apps (metrotube, instance... Etc) there are some feature I like with iOS and Apple ecosystem like airplay and airdrop.

The feature I am most looking forward to is being able to make a call from my Mac. I am not sure how useful this is going to be until i can try it. I was more impressed with the next version of MAC OSX than iOS8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
WP8.1 still has less features than iOS 8 regardless of whether you call it a major update or minor. Windows Phone is not that new, that needs to stop. Windows phone has been on the market for almost 4 years now.

I don't by this excuse anymore as well. In October it will be 5 years.

No excuse, they just can't innovate fast enough, and this is funny because windows 8.1 pro is the best OS on any device (my opinion)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
It's not like iOS and Android are stagnant.I really don't think you'll see WP catch up until its merged with desktop Windows.

Which will be after the fact Google merges ChromeOS and Android, and after Apple seamlessly integrates iOS and OS X. All this waiting for Microsoft and it's competitors are moving ahead. They need to do it this year instead of next. Next year it'll be all "That's cool, but iOS and Android can do the same thing, so why should I switch?". If they fix Xbox Live on WP and get some Google Services and apps, I will have no problem switching, but I am a minority other will see no compelling reason to switch at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss