Very unimpressed by iOS 8...

Status
Not open for further replies.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I'd think so, Ubuntu Touch worked horribly on my GNexus. :\

Didn't the GNex get kicked out of Ubuntu for Android? I think the Nexus 7 (2013) and Nexus 4 are supported now because of the same specs. Either way, Ubuntu is going to have it's own devices late this year and next. Verizon (my carrier) is also signed on as a potential carrier for Ubuntu phones as well. I can't wait! Ubuntu is what WP should have been from the get go, a Desktop OS and Phone OS that is the same through and through.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I've been a windows phone user for about the last month and an iPhone user since iPhone 3. Stop trolling bro bro.

Being impress or unimpressed by all the ecosystems is a very personal and subjective matter. Just because you and others aren't interested in what iOS 8 offers, doesn't mean others aren't very excited for what's to come.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean iOS 8 is a worthless update that has nothing to offer.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
You mean Android? Because iOS 8 goes OTA around the same time as WP8.1 and even then iOS 8 still has more features.

iOS 8 goes OTA this fall, likely Sept. if previous schedules are being maintained. WP8.1 starts rolling out in a few weeks.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Didn't the GNex get kicked out of Ubuntu for Android? I think the Nexus 7 (2013) and Nexus 4 are supported now because of the same specs. Either way, Ubuntu is going to have it's own devices late this year and next. Verizon (my carrier) is also signed on as a potential carrier for Ubuntu phones as well. I can't wait! Ubuntu is what WP should have been from the get go, a Desktop OS and Phone OS that is the same through and through.

Yeah, they eventually kicked it out because apparently a 1.2ghz dual core and 1gb of RAM just can't run their supposedly lean OS all that well. And that's sad, because people are expecting entry level phones to work well with the OS. :\

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, they eventually kicked it out because apparently a 1.2ghz dual core and 1gb of RAM just can't run their supposedly lean OS all that well. And that's sad, because people are expecting entry level phones to work well with the OS. :\

I know I wasn't. Ubuntu is supposed to be your phone and computer and you need beefy specs for that. I hope they don't come out with phablets though, that will kill all my excitement.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I still find it odd,folks don't understand just how big IOS 8 really is.

I was talking to a of my non technical friends who use iPhones,and all seem pretty stoked about it.

While many of the features may seem insignificant to WP and android power users,to many others they are a real big deal.

Myself.....I am interested in what their flagship phone will be and if they will release the 5.5" with 128 gig memory. If they can be convinced to do this then I know I'll get one,and then wait for the next version of the 1020 replacement for the wife. I don't ever see a better camera than that one coming out anytime soon that she will need.

Mac

Last edited:

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Wow I wonder if an iPhone 6 with 5.5" screen and 128gb storage would surpass $1000 retail

I don't think it will here in the Midwest

For me as I have told the folks at Apple, cloud integration is awesome if you have it available or a unlimited data plan with a good signal,but,old farts like myself,who likes to keep tons of bluray movies,extensive music collection,and complete maps with them the larger phones with larger memory is vital.

I've had my fill of bad sdcards if late and am tired of the hassles of trying to get them replaced but I've grown so use to having the extra on phone storage I can't give it up.

Streaming is nice,but nowhere as efficient as internal memory.

Mac

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Being impress or unimpressed by all the ecosystems is a very personal and subjective matter. Just because you and others aren't interested in what iOS 8 offers, doesn't mean others aren't very excited for what's to come.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean iOS 8 is a worthless update that has nothing to offer.

Duh, it means I'm unimpressed.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I still find it odd,folks don't understand just how big IOS 8 really is.

I was talking to a of my non technical friends who use iPhones,and all seem pretty stoked about it.

While many of the features may seem insignificant to WP and android power users,to many others they are a real big deal.

Myself.....I am interested in what their flagship phone will be and if they will release the 5.5" with 128 gig memory. If they can be convinced to do this then I know I'll get one,and then wait for the next version of the 1020 replacement for the wife. I don't ever see a better camera than that one coming out anytime soon that she will need.

Mac

Your quote pretty much sums up what people are saying. I for one wouldn't say iOS8 wasn't a good or solid update, but there was nothing that left people with their mouths open. Lets face it, the real interest is the devices that will be boxed with iOS8 and that's the iPhone6 with multiple screen sizes reflecting what other flagship screen sizes. That is what people are looking at. Who wants iOS8 by itself for Christmas...no one. Who wants an iPhone6 with it...now you have something.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Then you have those iPhone fans wanting to upgrade but questioning the value of the phone for the price versus the line up of WP and Android phones. Not to mention to fully utilize iOS8 you want other Apple devices. A hard sell when there will be MSFT products at very price conscious devices.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Then you have those iPhone fans wanting to upgrade but questioning the value of the phone for the price versus the line up of WP and Android phones. Not to mention to fully utilize iOS8 you want other Apple devices. A hard sell when there will be MSFT products at very price conscious devices.

No doubt about this...which is 1 reason why I just got a new Imac for the desktop last month..while Yosemite will be a great upgrade I'll also have the option of using Boot camp and dual boot with it. Sort of the best of both worlds so to speak.I personally would rather be tied to Apple and Microsoft than the other alternatives. The less I have to rely on Google the happier I am.

I've been trying to see how both platforms are working together right now and it's okay,hopefully it will be better.

As too needing a new iPhone just to use IOS 8 it probably will be the best way to get the most out of it for sure,but my friends and coworkers who have the. 4s and 5's still are pretty happy to be able to get it for what it is going to bring to it. Most all aren't questioning the cost of the upgrades at least those who have the 4's aren't since they all want improvements and bigger screens and plan on upgrading to get them,and no they aren't considering Androids or WP alternatives....they like their iPhones.

Mac

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Then you have those iPhone fans wanting to upgrade but questioning the value of the phone for the price versus the line up of WP and Android phones.
Seriously? I'm not an iPhone user, but you're completely out in left field with this statement. iPhone is the biggest seller here in the U.S., and with carrier subsidies, no one thinks about the cost of a phone. I also never see people buy or use Windows Phones, never at concerts or events, or clubs, or any place where there's a large gathering of people.

TheMightyCraken

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Seriously? I'm not an iPhone user, but you're completely out in left field with this statement. iPhone is the biggest seller here in the U.S., and with carrier subsidies, no one thinks about the cost of a phone. I also never see people buy or use Windows Phones, never at concerts or events, or clubs, or any place where there's a large gathering of people.

hmm, this doesn't seem to be the case with me even though I am in the US...seen loads of people with Lumias 😃

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
That's the case only in India.but still I only see lot of Samsung galaxies in buses nd trains.I will India is Samsung country.most popular is grand 2 nd grand.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

its not
canvas is the most popular, there was even a survey conducted on that by thinkdigit

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

its sluggish on my nexus 7 as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05