11-22-2014 11:43 PM
423 123 ...
tools
    I am watching WWDC 2014 live and I must say, I really expected Apple to pull a bigger refresh... same with OS X Yosemite... please share your ideas :)
    06-02-2014 02:08 PM
    I am watching WWDC 2014 live and I must say, I really expected Apple to pull a bigger refresh... same with OS X Yosemite... please share your ideas :)
    iOS 8 just blew WP8.1 out of the water and I'm a MS fan.
    Be real man, iOS8 is HUGE
    06-02-2014 02:12 PM
    Now that they have Beats, its probably going to be an even better stunner. I'll wait on the highlights and details.
    sahib lopez and A895 like this.
    06-02-2014 02:15 PM
    Many of the new features are a copy of 3 party apps/other OS (swiftkey, mic option in message, ability to send video and voice messages,...)
    06-02-2014 02:15 PM
    Many of the new features are a copy of 3 party apps/other OS (swiftkey, mic option in message, ability to send video and voice messages,...)
    Word flow is a copy of Swype. Cortana isn't an original idea either. Action center, notification center....I can go on and on
    06-02-2014 02:18 PM
    iOS 8 actually has a lot of new features. They're doing a nice job keeping things well-integrated. Microsoft has to speed things up.
    06-02-2014 02:19 PM
    Lol what? The biggest thing that I hear people talking about is predictive text. PREDICTIVE TEXT. My 3 year old Android had that. Its a solid update, no doubt, but nothing very impressive.
    06-02-2014 02:23 PM
    Actionable notification center is nice. Wanted that since I saw Blackberry's actionable Toast Notifications. Couldn't watch the live feed, ill have to catch up on the rest later. Just breezed imore quick.
    06-02-2014 02:24 PM
    iOS 8 actually has a lot of new features. They're doing a nice job keeping things well-integrated. Microsoft has to speed things up.
    Exactly. This conference just cemented the fact that WP team moves at a really slow pace. Apple could achieve this much in a year. WP took 2 years to get WP8.1 out and it's still playing catch up. Sigh
    explosive0, A895, mjrtoo and 3 others like this.
    06-02-2014 02:25 PM
    Word flow is a copy of Swype. Cortana isn't an original idea either. Action center, notification center....I can go on and on
    Microsoft is seldom original. They take other ideas and drastically improve upon them.
    k0de likes this.
    06-02-2014 02:26 PM
    Lol what? The biggest thing that I hear people talking about is predictive text. PREDICTIVE TEXT. My 3 year old Android had that. Its a solid update, no doubt, but nothing very impressive.
    What's impressive about WP8.1 (Genuine question) cause most of the features(all of them actually) are available on other OSes.
    I love WP very much, but you have to be realistic. iOS8 is really great
    HAMEDACC, Cryio, A895 and 3 others like this.
    06-02-2014 02:27 PM
    Exactly. This conference just cemented the fact that WP team moves at a really slow pace. Apple could achieve this much in a year. WP took 2 years to get WP8.1 out and it's still playing catch up. Sigh
    You realize the lifespan from WP7 to 8.1 versus iOS, right?? Give them a little more credit than that. ;)
    Dadstar0410 likes this.
    06-02-2014 02:27 PM
    The problem is, Microsoft won't do anything about speeding up anything. If WP was stacking paper maybe. If its market share wasn't staring down the barrel of a 94 percent split between IOS and android they might be encouraged to move quicker.
    06-02-2014 02:28 PM
    That said, I won't undermine this. Were the OS not hideous and threw phones not miniscule, I'd be sold
    Blacklac likes this.
    06-02-2014 02:28 PM
    Did I just hear them wrong, or are they even more deeply using Bing in iOS?
    Cryio, Mahdi Ghiasi, wrm1 and 1 others like this.
    06-02-2014 02:34 PM
    The continuity sold me. I am going to love being able to respond to text messages, recieve phone calls, and pick up right where I was on my iMac, iPhone, or iPad. IMO it completly blows MS integration out of the water. I'm very curious to see how Google responds and am somewhat disappointed the all of MS's cards are showing. Just when they finally catch up, Apple makes me want to go full on iOS.
    Orange Cat, Jazmac, Danjp and 5 others like this.
    06-02-2014 02:38 PM
    Photo folder in messages is pretty cool. Quick action in notification center is cool as well. The location and mute thread feature we have already. Apple is doing a good job. I'll still be with windows 8.1.
    06-02-2014 02:41 PM
    Meh - tried to use OSX - not into it. The end all / be all will be later this year when MS unveils Threshold - If it allows actionable live tiles (RE: widgets) to be pinned to desktop, and apps play across desktop ->tablet ->phone, and app stores are merged, etc - that will be the big kicker. The apps need to scale across devices, and sync. Right now, I feel IOS8 looks ok, but meh......those home screens are boring to me
    James8561 and bionicgt like this.
    06-02-2014 02:44 PM
    But, like clockwork, they roll out once a year, and about 90% of apples mobile device users get the latest and greatest IOS should they choose to install it. Nice.
    bionicgt likes this.
    06-02-2014 02:52 PM
    I will say I was impressed by iOS 8. I may be digging up the ol' 5c and definitely checking it out. Actionable notifications is the one thing that really caught my eye as well as a few other small details. I'll have to take another look at all the features of it, as I was just glancing through at iMore.
    bionicgt likes this.
    06-02-2014 03:29 PM
    Great update by Apple now let's see how can android compete with ios.sorry android you are going to be hurt the most in high end.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    06-02-2014 03:33 PM
    Attending a phone call from an iPhone on your Mac. Do that with your Windows Phone/Windows 8.1.
    06-02-2014 03:34 PM
    Attending a phone call from an iPhone on your Mac. Do that with your Windows Phone/Windows 8.1.
    Yes, I'm sure the 5% of the planet with a Mac will be happy. Unfortunately, they are a small minority.
    06-02-2014 03:54 PM
    I am watching WWDC 2014 live and I must say, I really expected Apple to pull a bigger refresh...
    I don't know how much bigger an update they could have done. This is at least as big as WP8.1, probably bigger when all the related pieces are totted up. Last year's iOS7 was a bit of a disappointment, but in retrospect it was their WP7->WP8 style transition where everything was going on under the hood (going from 32 to 64 bits). As big as WP8.1 was, it's pretty clear that Microsoft is still just treading water. I'm curious how much of iOS8's sheer magnitude is due to Apple's new programming language - it hasn't been released into the wild yet but I'd be very surprised if they haven't been using it in-house for awhile now. Objective-C was a stone-age programming language with some good ideas under the hood; their new Swift language looks like it keeps the underlying goodness and yanks the rest of the language forward into the modern era alongside C# and Java.
    sandelius likes this.
    06-02-2014 04:01 PM
    yea they copied a lot from Android and Windows
    06-02-2014 04:03 PM
423 123 ...