iOS8 is overkill!

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Wow, WP8.1 already feels outdated.
The WP team needs to pick things up real fast. No long waits before updates, huge features in GDRs etc. It took a year for apple to accomplish this much (took MS 2 years to go from WP8 to WP8.1). Sad thing is, nothing would change in the WP update process anytime soon

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid I have to agree. Apple is addressing lots of complaints and many reasons that push people to Android, like 3rd party keyboards.
All in all very impressed, Microsoft still has a lot of catching up to do and Google IO hasn't even happened yet.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone : Oct/Nov 2010 - Current.
iOS : June 2007 - Current.

Are you really surprised WP is playing catch-up? People don't give WP and BB10 credit for how far they've came in such a short period of time.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone : Oct/Nov 2010 - Current.
iOS : June 2007 - Current.

Are you really surprised WP is playing catch-up? People don't give WP and BB10 credit for how far they've came in such a short period of time.
This really isn't an excuse. If a new car company is set up this year, would you expect their cars to perform like how cars did in the 80s? But yea, WP has come a long way since WP7

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Oh god, I didn't say any thing about WP, I thought asked what features do you find so great in IOS 8 ?

Oh my bad, I misread that. I liked the new messaging app, the actionable notifications, the ability to listen to voice messages by just placing the phone on your ear(I guess it's still part of the first 2 points), the integration with MAC is amazing...

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
This really isn't an excuse. If a new car company is set up this year, would you expect their cars to perform like how cars did in the 80s? But yea, WP has come a long way since WP7

I suppose we should all be born with the knowledge of old wise people too, right? Time is no excuse. ;)

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I may have to dust off the 5c and check what iOS 8 has to offer. I will admit, a few of the changes did catch my eye...actionable notifications as well as third party keyboards to name just two.

desitunez

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
4000 new APis, change to new programming language + new features.. Credit is due where its due.

Wp8.1 won't be rolled out till end of year, too late.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I suppose we should all be born with the knowledge of old wise people too, right? Time is no excuse. ;)

This analogy doesn't play right in this context. Look at Xbox. Sony and Nitendo were in the game making business for a long time before MS stepped in. But the Xbox team did a very neat job. You can't enter an already established market and try to win customers over by giving the "I'm new to the business so pardon my faults and speed with updates" attitude. :)

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
This analogy doesn't play right in this context. Look at Xbox. Sony and Nitendo were in the game making business for a long time before MS stepped in. But the Xbox team did a very neat job. You can't enter an already established market and try to win customers over by giving the "I'm new to the business so pardon my faults and speed with updates" attitude. :)

Couldn't agree more. Another example is Sony launching the PS4 with an online service that matched Xbox Live and in some areas surpassed it FROM THE GET GO!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'll have my wife upgrade to an iPhone next.

As much as I love Windows Phone, I sometimes don't know what to say when she has complaints about missing apps or functionality that her friends have.

I am a lot less needy with my phone. To me, the way that WP handles things is enough to keep me here. But for my wife, I feel a little guilty convincing her to buy a Windows Phone.

​Don't get me wrong... she does really like it. I just wonder if she's be more happy with something else for the next two years until MS hopefully catches up.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

You don't have to like that the time frame exists. You don't even have to buy WP. You're free to buy what you wish. I merely pointed out the time differences to use a little common sense. This is a fast moving industry. Microsoft can't time warp years of development and magically catch up to iOS or Android. You don't have to like it, but it is what it is. I haven't heard any excuses from them...

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. Another example is Sony launching the PS4 with an online service that matched Xbox Live and in some areas surpassed it FROM THE GET GO!

The gaming comparison isn't as valid. They've been in development long before initial release. Just cause one company brought something later doesn't mean they haven't spent time on it. Windows Phone was a start from scratch. Same as BB10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb