I have some sad news

Status
Not open for further replies.

boothes18

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Everyone,
I have some sad news to report. Due to poor snapchat notifications on 6snap and the app situation (banking and a pesky work app that would be useful to always have), I have just purchased an Iphone 5c. I still fully support the WP platform and I will hang onto my Icon and may someday return back to it. I wish you all well and I'll still be around! I've been with Windows Phone through the HTC Trophy, Lumia 928 and now the Icon. It is just time to try something new.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Good luck -- I will likely try something similar in a few months. Do you have any iOS experience? I have minimal, so it's a daunting prospect in its own way. :)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Your choice not mine. Personally, I got tired of Apple in 6 months.

Went from iPhone 4s (64GB), to Nokia Lumia 928/Samsung Galaxy S3(work), to Nokia Lumia 1020, to Nokia Lumia 1520.

I hope your needs are satisfied with Apple.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Good luck -- I will likely try something similar in a few months. Do you have any iOS experience? I have minimal, so it's a daunting prospect in its own way. :)

I have an iPad 3, and IOS is pretty good, so I think IOS is pretty good on the phones. If you have any questions about it, ask me, because I have an iPad, surface, and WP. :)

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well IOS is good and a more stable and mature platform, you'll find better apps on it. Only thing that you might not like is the small 4 inch screen and not so live icons, plus IOS is kinda closed so no funky stuff. Apart from that, you might like it

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
You will fall in love with iOS. The ecosystem is mature. And almost lacks anything in the App Store and the hardware is Solid.

The Company that I work for uses Apple Devices. That's why I know something about Apple.

But for me I use Everything Windows 8 at home.

Sad to see you go. But keep following MSFT. Things over here are getting better not worst.

Enjoy your new experience.

boothes18

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Don't worry! I still will still stick with Windows 7 and 8! I cannot go for a mac computer! I despise them! I might even use the Icon for gophone use....I don't know yet

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
The only thing Apple has got going for it is apps. The os is a disgrace

Seriously? I am a Microsoft fan just like everyone else but that statement is a little ridiculous. My wife has a iPhone 5, I use a 5gen Ipod touch for music, and I use an Ipad Air for work. The OS is fine. Each OS has their own niche, but to say any of them are bad is disingenuous. When Microsoft can even get their own music app correct you can say iOS is garbage.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Seriously? I am a Microsoft fan just like everyone else but that statement is a little ridiculous. My wife has a iPhone 5, I use a 5gen Ipod touch for music, and I use an Ipad Air for work. The OS is fine. Each OS has their own niche, but to say any of them are bad is disingenuous. When Microsoft can even get their own music app correct you can say iOS is garbage.

iOS is incredibly bland and lacking in functionality. It's not bad, just basic. This is clearly desirable to the average person, but for anyone who needs more from their phone than the basic working environment of IOS, there's android and WP to an extent.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Well IOS is good and a more stable and mature platform, you'll find better apps on it. Only thing that you might not like is the small 4 inch screen and not so live icons, plus IOS is kinda closed so no funky stuff. Apart from that, you might like it

Well the next iPhone will probably be bigger...

4evr

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
IOS is fine, but boring, itunes is such a pain in the *ss...just got rid of my 4s a month ago and I couldn't be happier with my new lumia 1020.
I still have my boring ipad for banking but that's about it ;p

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Should a person buy a phone for its apps or functionalities [performance and/or quality]? :confused::confused:
I've been dying to ask this question to many in the blogosphere and to those like boothes18. I respect and understand some of your frustrations, but if you are going to choose a phone for its apps I have an old clunked Samsung phone in my drawer that I am selling for $10 bucks. I totally understand a teen that is looking for apps like Snapchat, Whatsapp, Instagram and others just like it, the need to keep the status and silly communication all its "friends" are using to be on the hip. But, something that grim my gears its to hear and adult acting like a kid, judging a phone for its apps. If apps is what are you looking for get an iPhone 4, Galaxy 2 or 3. If you want to try other phone for what it offers then I don't have any issue with that I've done it but at the end always came back to WP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise