Reliable Snapchat
    A good music player
    BBC iPlayer Radio app
    4OD Download feature
    Halifax / UK banking apps
    O2 priority
    Better Microsoft apps on ios, possibility of cortana on ios
    Loads of games, ios has xcom!

The novelty of live tiles is wearing off now, and it doesn't help that the notification centre has made them redundant and app developers are increasingly making their tile colours the same as the theme colour which means you either have a screen of identically colour tiles or go transparent, looking at you xbox music and video.

And my htc 8x is really unreliable, I don't receive coms or notifications a lot of the time.

My next phone will definitely be bigger than 5" and I was hoping for the 1520, but since that is getting a bit old now, and Msoft/nokia is taking their sweet time releasing anything new, I'm very tempted by a phablet iPhone, if only so I can reliably receive coms.
    06-26-2014 12:37 PM
    The problem is that I have a feeling that I know that if I leave I will come back. I've already left and came back once already and most likely will stay with windows phone.
    Last edited by vepac; 06-26-2014 at 07:11 PM.
    06-26-2014 12:55 PM
    I've just put a jpeg on to onedrive from my pc so I can use it as a wallpaper on my phone, I've gone to my phone, opened onedrive and it WILL NOT update or refresh, I've reset my phone, tried cellular connection, tried multiple wifi connections.... it will not update. Just another straw on the camel's back that when breaks, will force me to get an iPhone, because they "just work".

Edit: my mistake, its not just onedrive, its every damn app. "Microsoft account service is unavailable at the moment" in the store, people hub wont update, facebook, twitter, bing news, nothing...
    I love Microsoft and windows phone... but the damn thing doesn't work!
    Last edited by Xarok; 06-26-2014 at 01:14 PM. Reason: additional content
    06-26-2014 01:07 PM
    If music still sucks as much as it does in 8.1, I'm going to iOS.
    With the Xbox Music team pushing updates every 2 weeks it should get very good soon. You should let the Xbox Music team know what you want at xboxmusic.uservoice.com
    Thanks
    06-26-2014 11:19 PM
    Now I'm more tempted by Android L. :)
    Lagdroid L is a step backwards in my opinion :p
    06-26-2014 11:20 PM
    Android L is a step backwards in my opinion :p

How?
    06-26-2014 11:20 PM
    How?
    Too much focusing on confusing "Material Design"
    06-26-2014 11:22 PM
    Too much focusing on confusing "Material Design"

I really like the new look of Android. Which is why I might buy the next Moto X. :)
    etad putta likes this.
    06-26-2014 11:22 PM
    I really like the new look of Android. Which is why I might buy the next Moto X. :)
    We all have different opinions :)
    06-26-2014 11:23 PM
    We all have different opinions :)

You know I love WP, I've been here for ages. I will probably get the 1020 successor, but also get the Moto X successor. :)
    06-26-2014 11:26 PM
    You know I love WP, I've been here for ages. I will probably get the 1020 successor, but also get the Moto X successor. :)
    I totally respect your choice :) Personally I would go for the 1320 or the next version of the 1520 (Superman? )
    BTW, Are you going for the Moto X (Successor) its customizability?
    06-26-2014 11:32 PM
    Not for the $850 they want.................
    06-26-2014 11:44 PM
    I totally respect your choice :) Personally I would go for the 1320 or the next version of the 1520 (Superman? )
    BTW, Are you going for the Moto X (Successor) its customizability?

I like the size of the 930, but I need a better camera, thinner and lighter, but the 41MP sensor.

And I'll probably get the next Moto X for it's unique design, quick updates, and made in the USA.
    06-26-2014 11:45 PM
    No, I'm too deeply embedded into the Google ecosystem so I'll be sticking with Android for the forseeable future.
    06-27-2014 02:08 AM
    I bought the 1520 upon release but was plagued by the tap sensitivity issue and got it returned promptly.

Have been waiting ever since for the issue to be fixed in order to dive back in but it seems nothing is being done and a 1520 purchase is a handset lottery.

If the fruity firm indeed releases a phablet and Cyan does not contain a fix for the tap sensitivity issue (if it is indeed a software problem) then my trusted 920 gets retired.
    06-27-2014 03:31 AM
    So a 128GB IPhone 6 5.5 is not tempting to you guys?
    06-27-2014 05:23 AM
    No, the relationship with Apple lasted until 3GS, have not looked back since then, never will. Nice apps but will never get stuck with their restrictive and closed approach...There are more than adequate options with Android & Windows
    06-27-2014 05:29 AM
    And, at the same time, some sources state a price of 1000$ for such a phone.
    06-27-2014 05:41 AM
    Now, there's no doubt that the iPad Mini, and any other Apple device is a stellar device with amazing build quality (especially compared to my 820)...

Are you unhappy with the build quality of your 820? how do they compare?
    06-27-2014 10:46 AM
    I'm definitely tempted.

WP doesn't have apps I want that ios does;

Now TV

Reliable Snapchat

A good music player

BBC iPlayer Radio app

4OD Download feature

Halifax / UK banking apps

O2 priority

Better Microsoft apps on ios, possibility of cortana on ios

Loads of games, ios has xcom!

The novelty of live tiles is wearing off now, and it doesn't help that the notification centre has made them redundant and app developers are increasingly making their tile colours the same as the theme colour which means you either have a screen of identically colour tiles or go transparent, looking at you xbox music and video.

And my htc 8x is really unreliable, I don't receive coms or notifications a lot of the time.

My next phone will definitely be bigger than 5" and I was hoping for the 1520, but since that is getting a bit old now, and Msoft/nokia is taking their sweet time releasing anything new, I'm very tempted by a phablet iPhone, if only so I can reliably receive coms.

I think things are being held up while WP 8.1 is in development. Having said that the Lumia 63x series are coming out and some new handset developers have entered the fray. The Lumia range isn't the only game in town.
    06-27-2014 10:51 AM
    I'm as frustrated as anyone hate waiting forever for the new 8.1 update, and new models, I want the 930 (US, at&t).
    But honestly, I'm not even curious about this new iphone. What's different, just a bigger phablet size?
    06-27-2014 12:14 PM
    To be honest no. The unnecessary storage space will make the phone a lot pricier than it's worth, having the option of a MicroSD card is a lot more useful. It would also mean that I have to use iTunes, which is quite horrible when most of my devices are Windows/Androids.

In terms of personal preference, the one button for all design of iOS devices is by far the least intuitive and lease flexible to use among the platforms (Android, WP, Blackberry).
    06-27-2014 12:23 PM
    What medical apps are you trying to use on WP? There were some medical apps on Andriod that I couldn't find, but once I started searching the WP store for applicable medical apps I found some really good ones. WP finally got a WebMD app. Ehow is a good app with good medical information, and Bing Health and Fitness is one of the best one stop shop apps I've come across. Mumble, Zello, Skype of course, Viber are just a few of the apps that provide Teamspeak functionality. Playing downloaded music isn't a problem on Xbox Music, but streaming is another issue. It has gotten better with the updates but I've also heard it's been buggy on both iOS and Andriod. I think the biggest hurdle for me is going from a lively, activity intensive start screen, to a stale iOS start menu that hasn't really changed since the first iPhone. I like being able to respond from the notifications screen, but I'm sure there will be some limitations. Cortana integration even in beta is better in many regards then Siri and you'd assume they will have an iPhone 6 and 6S. Nothing else I own is Apple so it wouldn't be benefitting me at all.
    06-27-2014 02:30 PM
    Nope...... I really don't care for Apple besides 5.5" screen is smaller than my 1520. I want to go bigger not smaller. I think I would max out on a 7" screen.

Jim
    07-08-2014 10:45 PM
    Excited for the release of iphone 6
    08-28-2014 01:01 AM
55 123