Anyone else tempted by the iPhone 6 5.5"?

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Yup, already saving the money up. Microsoft releasing the bing rewards app 5 months later than iOS and Android and with it just being a webwrapper was the final straw for me.

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm definitely tempted.

WP doesn't have apps I want that ios does;
Now TV
Reliable Snapchat
A good music player
BBC iPlayer Radio app
4OD Download feature
Halifax / UK banking apps
O2 priority
Better Microsoft apps on ios, possibility of cortana on ios
Loads of games, ios has xcom!

The novelty of live tiles is wearing off now, and it doesn't help that the notification centre has made them redundant and app developers are increasingly making their tile colours the same as the theme colour which means you either have a screen of identically colour tiles or go transparent, looking at you xbox music and video.

And my htc 8x is really unreliable, I don't receive coms or notifications a lot of the time.

My next phone will definitely be bigger than 5" and I was hoping for the 1520, but since that is getting a bit old now, and Msoft/nokia is taking their sweet time releasing anything new, I'm very tempted by a phablet iPhone, if only so I can reliably receive coms.

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
The problem is that I have a feeling that I know that if I leave I will come back. I've already left and came back once already and most likely will stay with windows phone.

Last edited:

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I've just put a jpeg on to onedrive from my pc so I can use it as a wallpaper on my phone, I've gone to my phone, opened onedrive and it WILL NOT update or refresh, I've reset my phone, tried cellular connection, tried multiple wifi connections.... it will not update. Just another straw on the camel's back that when breaks, will force me to get an iPhone, because they "just work".

Edit: my mistake, its not just onedrive, its every damn app. "Microsoft account service is unavailable at the moment" in the store, people hub wont update, facebook, twitter, bing news, nothing...
I love Microsoft and windows phone... but the damn thing doesn't work!

Last edited:

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I totally respect your choice :) Personally I would go for the 1320 or the next version of the 1520 (Superman? )
BTW, Are you going for the Moto X (Successor) its customizability?

I like the size of the 930, but I need a better camera, thinner and lighter, but the 41MP sensor.

And I'll probably get the next Moto X for it's unique design, quick updates, and made in the USA.

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I bought the 1520 upon release but was plagued by the tap sensitivity issue and got it returned promptly.

Have been waiting ever since for the issue to be fixed in order to dive back in but it seems nothing is being done and a 1520 purchase is a handset lottery.

If the fruity firm indeed releases a phablet and Cyan does not contain a fix for the tap sensitivity issue (if it is indeed a software problem) then my trusted 920 gets retired.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb