Anyone else tempted by the iPhone 6 5.5"?

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I love my 1520 and it's worked great, especially with WP 8.1 but the lack of key apps (esp. medical) is just killing it for me. Even non-medical apps like TeamSpeak aren't available which is a bummer. With Apple finally making a phablet, I'm VERY tempted to grab it though knowing it will be limited in supply + Apple's rip-off prices, it probably won't be found for less than $800+ on launch. Anyone else considering the switch?

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Not as long as Microsoft continues to support/update WP. I have a 1520 as well, and an iPad Mini, so I wouldn't be gaining anything by going with a 5.5" iPhone with the exception of just using a single device. To me, the apps on WP are 90% adequate and the UI and other factors are more important to me than gaining access to the few apps I occasionally might use on my iPad Mini.

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
No. I tried being an iPhone guy for 4 months and it just wasn't for me. I hope a 6" Windows Phone comes to Verizon soon.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 via Tapatalk

Connor Price

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Nope. I have a Lumia 820 and an iPad Mini (1st gen). And honestly, I prefer Windows Phone to iOS. Now, there's no doubt that the iPad Mini, and any other Apple device is a stellar device with amazing build quality (especially compared to my 820), I mean I love the way my friends iPhone 5 feels in the hand, but I just don't like iOS too much. I wouldn't have enough money for an iPhone anyway.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Not buying one. However if TS would have a need for it, then I'd say go and get it. Productivity is important too
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

spazzmeister

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
If you're a health professional then you made a mistake getting a windows phone. There are no apps and there will be none in the foreseeable future. Lugging around an iPad just to have access to Medscape was too much for me. I'm now invested in Android. Have all the apps I need.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I'll be getting 1 or 2 if I can like I did with the 5s and the 5 before hand. Then I will sell them like I did before to the apple dips!ts and make an easy profit on each.

It's easy to make good money on them however the s models are a bit harder because they are not too much different.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Nah.

iPhones depreciate A LOT in my country.

You can get the 5 now for free, 64GB at half the monthly fee compared to last year when you have to shell out 400 plus double the monthly fee now. If WP doesn't work for me, I'll get the 5S when my contract is up.

cha1mani44

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
For the first time an iPhone does tempt me. But I really can't stand the stigma having an iPhone has. Its a weird status symbols thing I don't want to be a part of. I left android when it turned into that with the galaxy 4.

Editguy1900

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
After having to deal with Apple products and OS's for decades, I hate everything Apple and if all other smartphones disappeared, I'd go back to my Moto razer before I'd get an iPhone. BTW, did I mention I hate everything Apple?

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I love my 1520 and it's worked great, especially with WP 8.1 but the lack of key apps (esp. medical) is just killing it for me. Even non-medical apps like TeamSpeak aren't available which is a bummer. With Apple finally making a phablet, I'm VERY tempted to grab it though knowing it will be limited in supply + Apple's rip-off prices, it probably won't be found for less than $800+ on launch. Anyone else considering the switch?

Nope, not even a little bit. WP is the only platform that's showing promise. iOS is the dullest, most mundane platform I've come across.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss