The iphablet is coming.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm about 90% sure ill jump. Still love my surface pro and xbox but windows phone just ain't there yet for me. Hopefully next year.

Shouvik Mazumdar

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I might eventually jump ship. Have been a WP fan right since Day 0. My first phone was the Samsung Omnia W , followed by 810 ,then 920 , then the 1520. While i love WP , am simply not happy with the pace. I get more from my android devices. Love my Surface Pro 3 , there is nothing beating Windows on Desktop and productivity but as far as mobile , it does needs some work

Having said that , I may come back to WP someday becuase i simply love it

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I might eventually jump ship. Have been a WP fan right since Day 0. My first phone was the Samsung Omnia W , followed by 810 ,then 920 , then the 1520. While i love WP , am simply not happy with the pace. I get more from my android devices. Love my Surface Pro 3 , there is nothing beating Windows on Desktop and productivity but as far as mobile , it does needs some work

Having said that , I may come back to WP someday becuase i simply love it

Why the iphablet? What if it is just a magnified iPhone. In other words nothing new just bigger.

What then?

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
By your logic then a Lumia 1520 is just a magnified L520 and a Galaxy Mega is a magnified S3 mini.

By your logic then a Lumia 520 will have same specs as magnified Lumia 520, I.e. Lumia 1520. Just joking. He is suggesting that iPhone and the supposed iPhablet will have same specs, only enlarged.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
By your logic then a Lumia 520 will have same specs as magnified Lumia 520, I.e. Lumia 1520. Just joking. He is suggesting that iPhone and the supposed iPhablet will have same specs, only enlarged.

To have a larger screen you will need a larger battery, etc. Of course the specs cannot remain the same. I think he/she wants something you can't find in a smaller phone to justify a phablet. Personally, I used to dislike large screen phones when the first 4.3" phones came out (HD2). But the last few years have taken a toll on my vision and now I won't even look at a phone with a screen smaller than 4.5".

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
No new flagship for WP in sight so when the fall comes and I upgrade, a huge possibility it will be an iPhone. Hardware quality from apple is/has always a plus.

Hoping a nee flagship is announced and then praying any provider other than Rogers picks it up in Canada.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
By your logic then a Lumia 1520 is just a magnified L520 and a Galaxy Mega is a magnified S3 mini.

Thats very good reasoning. That never occurred to me. I guess going big is just optical for all. I guess we have to wait to see what Apple will bring.

Shouvik Mazumdar

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Why the iphablet? What if it is just a magnified iPhone. In other words nothing new just bigger.

What then?

Well i always usually blindly buy a WP. What am saying is I will take an informed choice between the then available Android flagship and iPhablet

I use a 1520 now.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a 1520 on one line to hold me over.. another line I have has an upgrade eligible that I'm waiting with.. Either Microsoft Mobile comes out with a good flagship (preferably a 1020 successor!) or Apple comes out with something really good... the race is on!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre