10-24-2014 02:30 PM
71 123
tools
    The Apple Watch is just a half hearted attempt to try to get some smart watch market share before it becomes saturated...
    09-09-2014 06:49 PM
    Yup apple just invented all the features (and more) mentioned by the OP by magic.. I threw the spec sheet into a whatsapp group of apple fanatics and surprisingly not one single comment. Probably they are all out getting drunk on "pure" apple ciders .
    Witness likes this.
    09-09-2014 07:43 PM
    This....
    Thank you... :)
    Use of the word specnophobe...price less! (I hope you meant specnophile?)
    Yes, you are right! Mixed those two up. Thanks!
    Arun3 likes this.
    09-09-2014 07:55 PM
    Best tweet I saw today regarding the iPhone6:
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=photo%2cjpg
    09-09-2014 08:00 PM
    The Apple Watch is just a half hearted attempt to try to get some smart watch market share before it becomes saturated...
    It's still better than anything else on the market
    carlos12001 likes this.
    09-09-2014 08:04 PM
    The phase detect pixel is great for differentiation factor, just like the OIS introduced by the Lumia 910.
    Actually… something that need new hardware such as OIS, dedicated sensor processor (M7, SensorCore), optical zoom (Sharp from last decade, but home market only), fingerprint reader (Fujitsu from last decade, but home market only) will have more Wow compared to something that "can be done with software", thanks to Google's "free" mindset where software is worthless (can't put price tag on it).

I hope Microsoft would implement that idea from Nokia about putting physical shutter leaves for phone camera.

As for the iPhone 6, quite disappointed that they don't stuff in a thermometer into that thing together with the barometer. Imagine the weather data collecting apps that would starts pouring garbage data into the cloud.

From four years ago:
    Well, he's no longer around to stop Tim from doing it.

PS: The first picture in their camera introduction made me cringe with the clipping under the stone arch.
    But well… small sensor camera.
    Last edited by rluka; 09-09-2014 at 09:39 PM.
    09-09-2014 08:59 PM
    my lumia 930 can easily match that phone, but..... the applewatch -although really really ugly IMO- has this YO style communication that i see a potential to it, the silly part is that every other manufacturer can copy that with an app, so i dont think it will be a key feature, but a nice one.
    09-10-2014 02:55 AM
    Windows Phone is playing catch up to. you can knock Apple an iphone all you want, Windows Phone is on the same tourist attraction as iPhone, where as Android is the one running the show by always being a step ahead.
    Aside from the fact we have had NFC and larger screens for a while now - yeah - we are still playing catch up to Apple. Good observation
    09-10-2014 08:06 AM
    Big deal. They took an existing product and improved on it. That's like saying a Ford Focus is better than any Model T out there.
    09-10-2014 08:09 AM
    Aside from the fact we have had NFC and larger screens for a while now - yeah - we are still playing catch up to Apple. Good observation
    WP still does not have NFC payment, which is the major feature of Apple's NFC. WP's NFC is still quite limited in function.
    carlos12001 and rdubmu like this.
    09-10-2014 08:56 AM
    Yeah, I think the Apple Watch reveal was pretty underwhelming. I truly think its gonna kill the concept of a full featured smart watch for a while, at least for a cycle or two of hardware revs to get the tech thinner and the UI for a full feature set worked out. The AW UI isn't it - it just isn't.

I don't think Apple really wanted to introduce the Watch just yet, but as a victim of their success, had to in order to placate the media, analysts, and as mentioned before, not let Samsung completely dominate and define the category.
    09-10-2014 09:56 AM
    Best tweet I saw today regarding the iPhone6:
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=photo%2cjpg
    I saw one of those comparing it to a Lumia as well.

This also just came through my feed via a retweet or two:
    Nice to see the iPhone 6 getting what Android had 2 years ago, LOL
    I don't remember malware being one of the iPhone 6's new features
    Blkacesvf41 and carlos12001 like this.
    09-10-2014 11:21 AM
    I learned a new fashion term: INFINITY SCARF.

It has to say something about an unveiling of a product when a dude wearing a purple scarf starts trending as much as your product.
    09-10-2014 11:36 AM
    I don't know about that, I kind of like Samsung's Galaxy Gear Fit. Has all the major features cover and looks cool.
    dkediger likes this.
    09-10-2014 11:41 AM
    Key *NEW* Features!
    -Bigger Display (like everyone else)
    -NFC (like everyone else)
    -Optical Image Stabilization (like everyone else)
    -Best Shot (like everyone else)
    -Swipey Keyboard (like everyone else)
    -Available in 16GB, skips 32GB and gouges for 64GB (unlike everyone else)

But seriously, it does seem like they got some things right, simply because they have such a huge following. The catching up to tech available on other platforms is a huge thing for iPhone users, and the press there is practically wetting their pants. Notable things was the phase detection focus on the camera, the video modes with 240fps, and the pretty secure sounding ePayment system.

What did you think?
    Starting a post like this on a forum like this makes me say: You're jealous that you can't afford (well, let's say simply won't buy) the iPhone 6. And don't be shy because I'm also banging my head on every single stone for leaving iOS and Apple's hardware because it's better, every second I use the 1320 it just doesn't do the trick.

Yes, it may have the same hardware but it's simple: A car is a car. But a Rolls isn't a Dacia ;-) and that's just it. They make it in such a way that people want it, including me and many many more people here on this forum.

Those are not at all Revolutionary features. I wonder when people will come out of iCrap pool. #moreLumia was way better.
    No the features aren't new. But they work so much better than any other phone. And because they are Apple, all the creditcard companies stand in line screaming "I WANNA BE FIRST!!!!!" ... if Microsoft would make 'MS Pay' they'll all run away (with their money offcourse) because Apple has this history. Thanks to Steve J. obviously and some really fantastic products in the past.

And don't forget: You've got your Nokia thanks to the iPhone ;)

I don't know about that, I kind of like Samsung's Galaxy Gear Fit. Has all the major features cover and looks cool.
    Taste is different but that doesn't look cool in my eyes. It looks nerdy (which is fine!) but I won't wear it. I would deliberately forget about it and hide it together with my leaked naked photos from iCloud... oops!
    carlos12001 likes this.
    09-10-2014 11:58 AM
    Key *NEW* Features!
    -Bigger Display (like everyone else)
    -NFC (like everyone else)
    -Optical Image Stabilization (like everyone else)
    -Best Shot (like everyone else)
    -Swipey Keyboard (like everyone else)
    -Available in 16GB, skips 32GB and gouges for 64GB (unlike everyone else)

But seriously, it does seem like they got some things right, simply because they have such a huge following. The catching up to tech available on other platforms is a huge thing for iPhone users, and the press there is practically wetting their pants. Notable things was the phase detection focus on the camera, the video modes with 240fps, and the pretty secure sounding ePayment system.

What did you think?
    Just a couple of points about this post. Why is it "gouging" for 64 when the price was the same before but only for 32GB? I see them giving you 64GB as on par with what the rest of the industry was doing with their 32GB options... They were charging $50 more and Apple was charging $100 more for 16 more GB, now that you get 48 more it is price gouging?! Based on Apple's history that I just detailed, please explain how them keeping the same price points but the consumer getting more is "gouging".

To some of the other points, "like everyone else" especially NFC, if they get it to work without feeling like a hodgepodge of apps (like how FaceTime was seamless as opposed to exiting a call and opening Skype or something else to start a new call) then it is a big deal that Apple has this stuff now. They wait for others to do it for the most part and then improve upon the user experience.
    09-10-2014 12:18 PM
    And don't forget: You've got your Nokia thanks to the iPhone ;)
    Yeah, and Apple got the iPhone thanks to BlackBerry.

And BlackBerry got its phone thanks to Palm.

Thanks to Steve J. obviously and some really fantastic products in the past.
    "Past" being the operant word here.

Starting a post like this on a forum like this makes me say: You're jealous that you can't afford (well, let's say simply won't buy) the iPhone 6.
    Yeah, that must be it. Where I live in Canada we have a law that states no one can buy an iPhone if they own something else. Terrible law and I'm so jealous.

Here's the bottom line: there is nothing and I mean nothing that screams innovation from Apple this time around. That's not jealousy - that's fact. Everything they showcased exists already and has for sometime from other folks. The quality is there - that's an Apple hallmark.

But so is masterful spin marketing.
    09-10-2014 12:20 PM
    Starting a post like this on a forum like this makes me say: You're jealous that you can't afford (well, let's say simply won't buy) the iPhone 6. And don't be shy because I'm also banging my head on every single stone for leaving iOS and Apple's hardware because it's better, every second I use the 1320 it just doesn't do the trick.
    Doesn't seem like jealousy to me, more like just calling out Apple for their so-called "improvements." Under Steve Jobs' leadership it always seemed like Apple was pushing the boundaries and creating their markets. But lately it mostly seems like Apple is tracking what other's are doing and just keeping up.

How about this tidbit from Steve?

Steve Jobs memorably dissed big phones in 2010, during the infamous Antennagate debacle. Making a phone so big “you can’t get your hand around it” would help with reception, said Apple’s then CEO, but “no one’s going to buy that." -Android Authority
    09-10-2014 12:28 PM
    WP still does not have NFC payment, which is the major feature of Apple's NFC. WP's NFC is still quite limited in function.
    wp actually does since 8.1. Lol

You use the wallet app to add the cards. Why don't they ever showcase this feature?
    09-10-2014 03:40 PM
    I wish Microsoft/Nokia would release a flagship that doesn't have micro-sd in different available sizes life the iphone, the only phones from them that has micro-sd and seem to have reasonable future is lumia 730 , 830 and 1520.
    and I think they should just be like Samsung instead. Removable battery, micro sd and the specs to back it up.
    09-10-2014 03:47 PM
    wp actually does since 8.1. Lol

You use the wallet app to add the cards. Why don't they ever showcase this feature?
    Has anyone successfully used it? I think the ISIS app is needed, which doesn't yet exist.

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk
    09-10-2014 03:52 PM
    Yeah, and Apple got the iPhone thanks to BlackBerry..
    And if Alexander wasn't so lazy and just walked up to someone we didn't have the phone. But hey, someone once made a wheel ...

Yeah, that must be it. Where I live in Canada we have a law that states no one can buy an iPhone if they own something else. Terrible law and I'm so jealous.

Here's the bottom line: there is nothing and I mean nothing that screams innovation from Apple this time around. That's not jealousy - that's fact. Everything they showcased exists already and has for sometime from other folks. The quality is there - that's an Apple hallmark.

But so is masterful spin marketing.
    It's true. There's no innovation, but do you miss something? I don't get the disappointment. Because if we talk disappointmet I think we got enough with Windows Phone: No official Facebook app, no snapchat, Whatsapp is horrible and Instagram is dead. I think the iPhone 6 is a pretty neat product moving with the current devices and adding some extra's along. Apple's pay system's new. Same with the watch. You should focus on the entire keynote and we can't say it's a disappointment. What did you expect? 99 USD and laser beams shooting abilities and such?

BTW: Is that law thing true? Why is that ...

Steve Jobs memorably dissed big phones in 2010, during the infamous Antennagate debacle. Making a phone so big “you can’t get your hand around it” would help with reception, said Apple’s then CEO, but “no one’s going to buy that." -Android Authority
    In 2010. Back in 1998 someone said the floppy disk couldn't be missed in the iMac.... Hey, we've gone 4 years into the future.
    Back in the iPod days Steve said that no one wanted to watch video on the iPod classic. And yet, there was one.

P.S. now it's time to sleep ... :) cheers
    09-10-2014 04:26 PM
    Windows Phone Wallet NFC...

Purchase apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, or simply keep track of your card account info. And if your service provider and phone support it, you can even set up credit or debit cards to make NFC purchases in stores. (This requires a special, secure SIM card.)
    09-10-2014 04:54 PM
    And if Alexander wasn't so lazy and just walked up to someone we didn't have the phone. But hey, someone once made a wheel ...
    I was referring to your because of the iPhone there is a Windows Phone statement. I was simply stating that the smartphone did not begin with Apple.

It's true. There's no innovation, but do you miss something? I don't get the disappointment. Because if we talk disappointmet I think we got enough with Windows Phone: No official Facebook app, no snapchat, Whatsapp is horrible and Instagram is dead. I think the iPhone 6 is a pretty neat product moving with the current devices and adding some extra's along. Apple's pay system's new. Same with the watch. You should focus on the entire keynote and we can't say it's a disappointment. What did you expect? 99 USD and laser beams shooting abilities and such?

BTW: Is that law thing true? Why is that ...
    Yup. The lack of apps for this platform has been bemoaned ad nauseum. It's not a new problem and I'm not sure it will ever be resolved - thank heavens I'm old as dirt and don't really care about apps as much as the younger set.

Apple's pay system is Google wallet redux. And the iPhone 6 is wholly unimpressive - it's a Nexus 4 with iOS. Yipee.

And as far as the watch goes - I don't see the point - not just Apple's offering; anyone else's for that matter. The concept is ridiculous at best - it's just trying to manufacture a need at this point. Just like Google Glass.

And the "law" in Canada I was talking about? I was just messin' with ya.
    09-10-2014 07:33 PM
    Windows Phone is playing catch up to. you can knock Apple an iphone all you want, Windows Phone is on the same tourist attraction as iPhone, where as Android is the one running the show by always being a step ahead.
    A step ahead, but then two steps back when it gets screwed up somehow.
    09-10-2014 08:44 PM
71 123