Anyone bailing for the iPhone 6 or 6+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I myself would always use an Android device over Windows Phone or iOS.

However my honest opinion if I had enough money to choose between an iPhone 6 Plus or Lumia 1520.

I would've gone for the iPhone 6 Plus, and I'll explain why.

iOS hands down has some of the best applications and is the most well optimized and best performing operating system out there.

Plus iPhone 5S beat the Lumia 1520 in benchmarks, so obviously the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus will also be faster.

The iPhone 6 Plus may not have 4K like the 1520 will have soon however for most purposes, apart from megapixel count, the 6 Plus absolutely crushes the 1520's camera. Especially in focusing speed, panoramas, time-lapse, filters, and overall speed.

I find features like 60 FPS 1080p and 240 FPS more useful than a few minutes of 4K.

Add to that the fact that 5.5 inches provides a balance between a 6 inch monster or a regular 5 inch flagship, which IMO is great.

You'll also have access to a lot of accessories apart from the Apple Watch.

Nokia/Microsoft really need to step up their game.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Because it does meet their needs and they don't use their tablets for the same things they use their laptops/desktops for would be my guess.

Exactly. You get it.

The need is: "a tablet on which I can open Office documents for light editing and presenting." The need is not "a table that runs Microsoft Office specifically and only Microsoft Office."

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Well, your free to do what ever you like with whatever hardware you see fit if it fits your needs. I just don't get why people suffer with an OS that does not support most of their needs and try so hard to make something work that is inadequate, simply because of a brand name status symbol.

I tend to choose hardware and software that get work done not try to fit my work around my hardware. Does not make sense and with that I am done with this conversation...

Did you ever stop to think that maybe osx does support there needs, and not all Mac/ios users are looking for a status symbol? I certainly don't use the two for that reason.

I myself would always use an Android device over Windows Phone or iOS.

However my honest opinion if I had enough money to choose between an iPhone 6 Plus or Lumia 1520.

I would've gone for the iPhone 6 Plus, and I'll explain why.

iOS hands down has some of the best applications and is the most well optimized and best performing operating system out there.

Plus iPhone 5S beat the Lumia 1520 in benchmarks, so obviously the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus will also be faster.

The iPhone 6 Plus may not have 4K like the 1520 will have soon however for most purposes, apart from megapixel count, the 6 Plus absolutely crushes the 1520's camera. Especially in focusing speed, panoramas, time-lapse, filters, and overall speed.

I find features like 60 FPS 1080p and 240 FPS more useful than a few minutes of 4K.

Add to that the fact that 5.5 inches provides a balance between a 6 inch monster or a regular 5 inch flagship, which IMO is great.

You'll also have access to a lot of accessories apart from the Apple Watch.

Nokia/Microsoft really need to step up their game.

Damn right. My wife is off to get her 6 right now, she traded in her 5 for $252 at the sprint store, and it immediately paid for the 6 and some extras.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee Hayes

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I never understand why people keep mentioning stupid things like speed, faster shutter, more ram etc, go buy a fast car or expensive camera if that is what is important or get ripped off buying apple rubbish and yes god forbid I said rubbish as it really is.

It seems to me its more about small minded affordable look at me tech with apple, just keep up with the jones's and get sucked into the apple lemmings game.

I know I will be hated for speaking my mind but at least im not stupid to follow someone else's!

And when you spend all that money just think in 6 months time you will be following like sheepy lemmings again for something that will never make a difference.

Good luck appleites...long live basic over hyped and under spec value for money (NOT)...

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Damn right. My wife is off to get her 6 right now, she traded in her 5 for $252 at the sprint store, and it immediately paid for the 6 and some extras.

If she had sold her iPhone 5 at Ebay, she could've gotten over $300/$400. Just saying. :)

I never understand why people keep mentioning stupid things like speed, faster shutter, more ram etc, go buy a fast car or expensive camera if that is what is important or get ripped off buying apple rubbish and yes god forbid I said rubbish as it really is.

It seems to me its more about small minded affordable look at me tech with apple, just keep up with the jones's and get sucked into the apple lemmings game.

I know I will be hated for speaking my mind but at least im not stupid to follow someone else's!

And when you spend all that money just think in 6 months time you will be following like sheepy lemmings again for something that will never make a difference.

Good luck appleites...long live basic over hyped and under spec value for money (NOT)...

I don't understand what you mean, when we say that the iPhone is faster we don't refer to speed of say a car, but general fluidity and app performance.

A faster shutter speed, I assure you, isn't stupid. Smartphones with cameras are designed to get a quick amazing photo, and the iPhone will probably go a better job at it compared to the 1520(except maybe in RAW detail).

And what do you mean by under spec value for money? The iPhone 5S despite having worse specifications than a Lumia 1520 still beat in benchmarks, I am sure the iPhone 6 will as well.

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

Funny but true... Apple religion is a powerful cult. People will by Apple products even though it does not meet there needs. I see them as consumption devices not productivity There are hundreds of things PC's can do that Mac's cannot, but there is nothing a Mac can do that the PC can't as well. As far as phones are concerned WP OS is logical choice if your on the PC platform. There is a lot of Integration that you wont even find in the Apple universe. Sure there are not as many Apps on WP but really how many apps do people really use on a daily basis; maybe 10 the rest is just games and stuff to waste time with...

imeobong

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I am. I'm not gonna wait 2 more years for windows phone to be the best for what I want to do with a smartphone. Maybe in two years if windows phone is like dang near irresistible I will switch back to windows phone but that iPhone 6 hardware and ios8 apps and features are like too much to pass up for the sake of loyalty.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As far as phones are concerned WP OS is logical choice if your on the PC platform.

You would think - even expect - for that to be the case, but I don't know that I agree. OneDrive is roughly equivalent between iOS and WP, but Office? OneNote? Lync? Microsoft's iOS offerings for those are heads and tails above the equivalent WP offerings. Even Skype is better on iOS than on WP.

Microsoft's offerings are more competitive on the Surface, but your comment was specifically about phones.

ricbon

May 5, 2012
Visit site

I am doing it for the apps and app support and tbh the iphone has never been a spec monster

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
You would think - even expect - for that to be the case, but I don't know that I agree. OneDrive is roughly equivalent between iOS and WP, but Office? OneNote? Lync? Microsoft's iOS offerings for those are heads and tails above the equivalent WP offerings. Even Skype is better on iOS than on WP.

Microsoft's offerings are more competitive on the Surface, but your comment was specifically about phones.

That's what I was saying in Post #61... If MS wants Windows Phone and Surface Sales to increase they have to stop providing killer apps for rival platforms. I don't see Apple giving that kind of consideration towards MS or Google. Releasing Office for the Ipad was good business choice on MS's part, however, they inadvertently killed their own tablet sales in the process. I know that MS, however, still cares more about it's eco system then it's hardware offerings. If they offered really good apps and programs exclusive to Surface and WP People would by them. I just don't think Nadela is even concerned with the hardware side of MS.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If MS wants Windows Phone and Surface Sales to increase they have to stop providing killer apps for rival platforms

No, they just have to make the apps on Windows Phone and Surface equally killer. Or more killer. Application exclusivity will not drive people away from iPads and iPhones to Surfaces and Windows Phones when, as I said, there are other apps on the iPad and iPhone which provide the same functionality. Not for ubiquitous apps like Office.

I just don't think Nadela is even concerned with the hardware side of MS

Nadela is concerned with making money for the shareholders, which is - as the CEO of a for-profit corporation - what he should be concerned with. Application exclusivity on Surface and Windows Phone won't make money for the shareholders.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
The only thing stopping me buying an iPhone 6 is the same thing that's always stopped me buying an iPhone. The price.
Liked them since the 4s, never been the top of the spec war but the whole package, design, camera, ecosystem has always been strong.
But not strong enough to justify the price increase over the other manufacturers flagships.

WDavis4692

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I chose my 1520 because it takes an SD Card. I aim to one day have an even larger SD card (128 GB) filled to the rafters with music, maybe even some movies for plane flights or long train/car rides. Because smartphone > Those horrible screens on the planes.

No SD card on iPhone... NO go.
Small batteries on iPhones. NO go. The 6+ may compete with the 1520 in the large phone (or phablet as some call it) territory, but not only does it lack the SD expandability; it has a substantially smaller battery too. What's the point in having such a wonderfully large screen - making the ideal portable media experience - if you're not going to augment it with a battery colossal enough to last those long journeys?

And that 0.5" difference means everything when you're watching videos in HD and even in SD.

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
With heavy heart I packed up my 1520 and sent it along to it's next owner.The call of the 6+ grabbed me and I'm thoroughly smitten with the Apple Watch. I only left iPhone because the size of the 5 pissed me off after they claimed they were going larger (longer didn't cut it lol). If I am ever unhappy with iOS or iPhones again I'll be back to Windows. I don't ever see myself going Android.

Dare2Blink

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
With heavy heart I packed up my 1520 and sent it along to it's next owner.The call of the 6+ grabbed me and I'm thoroughly smitten with the Apple Watch. I only left iPhone because the size of the 5 pissed me off after they claimed they were going larger (longer didn't cut it lol). If I am ever unhappy with iOS or iPhones again I'll be back to Windows. I don't ever see myself going Android.
Are you serious? Why in the world would you change from an awesome 1520 to an average iphone? There is literally nothing better on the iphone. Worse camera, no sd card expansion, no wireless charging, worse screen (in sunlight), no glance screen, not to mention still boring icons.

Jeannuel

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Are you serious? Why in the world would you change from an awesome 1520 to an average iphone? There is literally nothing better on the iphone. Worse camera, no sd card expansion, no wireless charging, worse screen (in sunlight), no glance screen, not to mention still boring icons.
Also,did you see the drop tests? The iPhone 6 and 6+ are so worthless. One drop = screen shattered

Almost 1000 $ for this? and no expansion (for me, the most important)

This new iPhone is crap

Dare2Blink

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
hmmm for a tech nut the iphone 6 if far from appealing, since there is nothing new in it tech wise... apart from the processor its pretty much 2012 tech. Even if the tech in it was more advanced I would probably never switch to an iphone while they maintein those boring *** useless icons.

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 521 is enough, if I want a new phone I'm waiting for a true replacement for the Lumia 1020. All Windows Phone needs is better and more apps. Why pay so much money for a fruity phone?

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Am I purchasing a first generation hardware model and initial release operating system?

For me, the answer is a resounding NO which applies to any technology hardware and software. If you want me to "discover" a.k.a. test your hardware/software, pay me for my time and inconvenience. I'll wait for the iPhone 6s Plus or the Galaxy Note 5 next year for consideration.

From a social viewpoint (important for the majority of iPhone users), my desired social perception does not align with Apple. The best in anything is uncommon otherwise it would not be the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)