Anyone bailing for the iPhone 6 or 6+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My son and my dad both have it shut off as it never works.

Your son and your dad are doing it wrong. My entire global organization has standardized on the iPhone 5S with TouchID, and the only time it does not work flawlessly is when the finger is dirty or damp.

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Personally after getting permanently booted from Bing Rewards for a unknown and bogus reason I'm pretty taking pissed at MS. Taking also the fact of the crappy selection of Windows Phones at T-Mobile I'm seriously considering grabbing a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 when I can afford it.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. How come no expert has said yet that the TouchID doesn't work exactly?

You may not have seen NFC payment options, but they exist nonetheless.
Try touch id yourself at the local phone store(Croma). Sucks.

There is no NFC system in India, and I don't see it becoming popular for another 3-4 years.

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
The "cult" comment in the context of the 6Plus is absolutely warranted. iPhone fans and tech reviewers didn't criticize the Note or the 1520 because they didn't trust the phones' quality. They criticized the phones claiming they were huge, unwieldy monstrosities that weren't practical and looked stupid. Now, the 6Plus has virtually the same physical specs and suddenly a 6"+ screen is beautiful and "not that big".

Apple fans poked fun at the big phone people for the past 2 years, now the big phone people are pointing out the hilarious hypocrisy.

That's exactly right. I remember all the bashing from the Iphone crowed how big and clunky the 5.5 & 6" phones. most all said it was just the perfect size. Now that Apple has 2 bigger, (one phablet size). They act like they invented the big screen phone or something. Their keynote 2 weeks back revealed many new things at Apple that other phones have had for years. They acted like it was just invented... It's just fun to bash Apple because they make it so easy...

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Try touch id yourself at the local phone store(Croma). Sucks.

There is no NFC system in India, and I don't see it becoming popular for another 3-4 years.

Dude I swear I tried it several times on my cousin's iPhone, it's really awesome.

Reviewers and experts also love it.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
the i phone 6 plus is not the gane charger

Ah but it makes money, ka ching! Between the 2 iPhone 6 models, they sold 10 million over the weekend. It even outsold Android, which is anyone's dream. Android would take 4 normal days to sell that many. But, that was a one time spike that always happens at release, which happens once a year. However, it still is very impressive!

By comparison, it would take almost 4 months of WP sales to match that.

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes, apple knows that no matter what they release the lemmings will jump over the cliff.

Yep, Even if they don't like it they will buy it anyway... Only 2 models to choose... And specs are very average for such an expensive phone. Many other high end phones way better specs half the price.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Yep, Even if they don't like it they will buy it anyway... Only 2 models to choose... And specs are very average for such an expensive phone. Many other high end phones way better specs half the price.

Could you please enlighten with the phones that have better specs in half the price? And don't bring Android into this, I'm talking about Windows Phone.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Could you please enlighten with the phones that have better specs in half the price? And don't bring Android into this, I'm talking about Windows Phone.
Lumia 1320,730,820,830,920,925,1020,1520. The highest and most expensive of these ie 1520 costs 34,000₹ whereas the iPhone 6 costs 65000₹.

All of these phones have higher or equal specs in front of iPhone, for less than half the price. Please do some research instead of blindly asking for someone to spoon-feed you the info. Seriously.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1320,730,820,830,920,925,1020,1520. The highest and most expensive of these ie 1520 costs 34,000₹ whereas the iPhone 6 costs 65000₹.

All of these phones have higher or equal specs in front of iPhone, for less than half the price. Please do some research instead of blindly asking for someone to spoon-feed you the info. Seriously.

I already knew that answer. I wanted to see how many of you believed specs we're everything.

Just a suggestion. Specs are half the story.

The iPhone 5S, 6 and 6 Plus despite having a slower processor on paper easily beat all Lumia devices out there in benchmarks and real time.

I'm a big supporter of the processors that Android and Windows Phone use, the Snapdragon series but considering that Snapdragon processors can't reach their full potential for more than a few minutes before thermal throttling is disappointing.

Plus judging from some speed tests I've seen, Android and iOS are on par when it comes to performance in app launch. Whereas Windows Phone is quite a bit behind.

As far as a lower megapixel camera goes, yes the iPhone has a lower megapixel camera...however it has phase detection autofocus, 60 FPS video capture, 240 FPS slow-mo, which are arguably more useful than most features that Lumia 1520 or any other Lumia camera has.

I would go over more specs, but you should just search 'em up.

Specs are half the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs