Anyone bailing for the iPhone 6 or 6+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlgem

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
It sure is tempting for a tech nut like me :) but Ive been there and cant see going back even if its got a bigger screen now.

mredifice

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm really hoping that Microsoft will announce a few game changers soon as well. Otherwise, their market share will drop and people will lose interest. The 830 and 735 are great, but not what I would call "game changers". Still waiting for Microsoft's smart watch too...

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm really hoping that Microsoft will announce a few game changers soon as well. Otherwise, their market share will drop and people will lose interest. The 830 and 735 are great, but not what I would call "game changers". Still waiting for Microsoft's smart watch too...

Give me a real upgrade from my 920 on ATT and my money belongs to Microsoft.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
It's funny, the 1520 has a better display than the 4.7", is on par with the 6+, just fewer PPI, more memory with SD card, a much better camera and is $100 less.

If the app story was 1:1 MS:Apple, you'd be hard pressed to justify an iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
While I'm not terribly impressed with what Apple put out today, I will say that they continue to hurt WP at least here in the States. Due to the fact that Verizon is the only carrier selling the Icon, the 930 not being available at all, and the 1520 being too big for some, Microsoft doesn't really have a regular sized flagship or phablet flagship accessible to anyone who wants it on any one of the carriers. I love my 1020 but I'm looking for something a little thinner, lighter, and with a faster processor but sadly that's not an option as I won't buy an HTC out of fear of them not providing updates in a timely manner. If I did bail for anything, I think it'd be for the new Moto X.

Last edited:

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Nope. It's an app-launcher OS on a bigger screen.

The M8 is calling me though. I want to get on my family's plan on Sprint though so come on Sprint, let me know when yo9u are getting the M8!

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
What....explain please I have no idea what this means.

Because of the size and thinness of the 6 Plus, it will have larger flex stressors top to bottom (imagine trying to fold it in half) and also corner to opposite corner (twisting). Some 1520's have some "phantom tap" issues for this reason. Apple certainly has top notch engineering, and with the example of the 1520, the benefit of hindsight, but engineering is ultimately the process of managing failure, not necessarily eliminating it. Apple also tends to give an upper hand to design (form) over engineering (function).

I think more than a few iPhone 5/5s screen breaks could be attributed to their flex stability as compared to a user's experience with previous models.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I was but in all honesty I am mot downgrading to a lower res camera and I was really hoping apple would increase the resolution of the ffc. I like the 6plus but I am staying with my 1520. Besides I hate the colors of iPhones.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I like the screen size of the 6 plus but that bezel is awfully big and I'm still interested in seeing the next generation of top-end Windows Phones. At this point, it's probably wait, 6 plus or Note 4. All is subject to playing with various models in the store, of course.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not "bailing" for the iPhone 6, but I could see myself carrying my 1520 AND an iPhone 6 Plus!
No, I'd never "leave" Windows Phone for another platform now, but I don't see why someone couldn't have both. The best of both worlds! Why? Because I can! That, and I'd have access to all those apps that I've been missing (I came to WP after being an iPhone owner for 4 generations - I had the original iPhone, the 3G, the 4, and the 4S) then switched to WP8 when it and the Nokia Lumia 920 came out... Been here ever since! Upgraded to a 1020, and now a 1520 and LOVE this phone! I'll definitely be keeping my 1520 on this line until MS decides to release a real flagship successor. Until then though, no reason why I couldn't get the iPhone 6 Plus on my other line and have both!

Or not.... maybe I'll just wait a little longer... and wait some more.. Come on Microsoft, we're waiting!!!!

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

If you call the ip6 a game changer, then MS/Nokia released a game changer long ago with the 1520. Basically what the IP6 is But better!

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
If you are into apps then IP6 is better, but I'd have to say being here on WP most of us are not into Apps.
I love my live tiles and Cortana and the IP has nothing to offer me.

It's just crazy to pay almost a $500 premium for the 2 year old tech IP6+ over the sweetness of the Lumia 1520.3.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting the 6 Plus. I like Windows, but I want a new phone and the 6 plus will hold me over until Microsoft releases their new flagship phone. There's really nothing to lose by getting the new iPhone. When I get bored with it, I can sell it for more than enough to buy off contract whatever is the latest and greatest Windows device. And while I was really close to pulling the trigger on the M8, being an HTC really scared me off. If Microsoft would have released the M8 under the Lumia brand I would have jumped on it and not looked back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb