I'm attracted to the iPhone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BilalSoomro17

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
IPhone 6 Plus seems amazing and it have my favorite features IOS in Landscape mode. I wanted this in Windows phone but didn't happen so now I might move to Apple IPhone 6 Plus when it arrives.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone 6 are good looking phones. However I'm not an Apple guy and I've never played with iOS. I tend to think I really would not like the aesthetics of the field of icons layout. But they are good looking phone, too bad they don't run WP 8.1.

I have no problem resisting the lure, I'd just like to see a somewhat similar Windows Phone chassis.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The new iphones aren't calling to me, but it is about time they finally got a decent sized iphone. They went from the outdatedly small iphone 4 to that ridiculous tall and skinny form factor of the iphone 5. I think these are probably the first "right sized" iphones, but I still don't like IOS.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Nice, this could be the thread where people confess being iCurious. I had an iPhone 3G and iPhone 4, and then switched to Lumia 920/1020/1520 in that order.

Things that make me want to switch back: Google maps, a decent Garmin offline nav app, complete device backup and restore, and many music apps I still own. Plus they finally did something about the puny screen size.

Things that keep me on WP8: Cortana, tap to wake, live tiles, glance, SD card support, and my deep hatred for iTunes on Windows. And the undoubtedly sky high price of an unlocked iPhone 6+.

StephanW

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Do what you wish, but I personally think it's a complete rip off. Like, sure it's a cool phone, but I just don't find it's worth the price...

Who brought the touch-screen-phone era? And rip-off, let me think who's the first car manufactorer with 4 wheels, all of the rest would be shameless ripoffs. Because of NFC? Because of the larger screen?

I've just recently switched from my iPhone 4S to the 1320 and the only reason I did it was money. I thought the iPhone is too expensive. But now I've had the 1320 a while, god please, have mercy. I would crawl back to Apple and get that iPhone just because of user friendliness. (You may need a dictionary for that with a Windows Phone)

Hi Fadia

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Who brought the touch-screen-phone era? And rip-off, let me think who's the first car manufactorer with 4 wheels, all of the rest would be shameless ripoffs. Because of NFC? Because of the larger screen?

I've just recently switched from my iPhone 4S to the 1320 and the only reason I did it was money. I thought the iPhone is too expensive. But now I've had the 1320 a while, god please, have mercy. I would crawl back to Apple and get that iPhone just because of user friendliness. (You may need a dictionary for that with a Windows Phone)

How about dated specs as a rip-off?
1GB ram? 8 megapixel camera? 2012 called, they want their phone back

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
How about dated specs as a rip-off?
1GB ram? 8 megapixel camera? 2012 called, they want their phone back
Completely agree. The iPhone 6 is a complete rip off. Way too high priced for it's specs. The Lumia 830 actually looks like an awesome deal after looking at the iPhone 6. I was expecting Apple to create the phone that would shock me. But nope, complete disappointment. #WindowsPhoneFTW

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Definitely solid devices, but it felt like this was the first time Apple didn't emphasize how advance it is and didn't emphasize any real technology like they used to. Focus pixels? They rolled through that fast, it was like some sort of fancy thing they know others have been doing. OIS? That's obvious they didn't invent that, nor did they improve upon it, but rather explained it to the masses of Apple fans who have been ignorant of Nokia the last couple years. Hardware wise, Apple has just been catching up. The only thing that tempts me is the 128 GB built in storage. Sure you can add a MicroSD to most phones, but its nice not having to worry about that sometimes, and not to mention built in storage tends to be a bit faster. I think that being one of the advantages of the iPhone 6, this was just an obvious catch up game. I don't think they even stressed being the thinnest anymore because they know its pretty short lived. Now what was awesome was Apple Pay. I gotta say, Apple is going the Microsoft way and actually focusing on services by still offering premium hardware, and they do it better. Look at all the partnerships they have amassed to make ApplePay work. Look at how much support Qi charging got on the Lumia 920; they got Coffee Bean and that was such a horribly poor attempt that even even all Coffee Beans had the wireless charging, and it never rolled out. That's the key difference. It's almost like going between a Nokia WP or an HTC WP; you know with Nokia phones you'll get more software support (look at the constant firmware updates) vs HTC who hasn't even really acknowledge support for WP8.1 on their current WP8 devices but instead releases the HTC One M8 for Windows, which is awesome, but what about all the people with 8x's still left to wonder when their carriers will push the update? With Apple, its they get the job done, and Microsoft just puts it there and lets it rot. Qi charging, NFC payments with Wallet, etc. Microsoft has the resources, but they're still really lagging behind. That is what makes Apple so attractive to me right now.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

anism

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
IPhone 6 Plus seems amazing and it have my favorite features IOS in Landscape mode. I wanted this in Windows phone but didn't happen so now I might move to Apple IPhone 6 Plus when it arrives.

This means you never loved the UX and what the WP bought to the table. Split screen or landscape mode or whatever will come once WP and RT merge.

Anyway all the best for moving to IPhone and the iconic UI:winktongue:

Hi Fadia

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
i believe people are upset about the specs because the price is way too high for those specs.

​And i I love the ease of use with iOS, but I get bored with it

Exactly! The iPhone 6 has almost the same specs as my current phone which costs 180$ on eBay, how much does the iPhone 6 cost again?
And yes, ios and wp run well on lower specs, but wouldn't it run better on more current specs (at least 2GB ram..)? And having better specs would somewhat future proof the phone so it doesn't get outdated as fast and for the price you're paying, is it really too much to ask for?

AG VK

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
i believe people are upset about the specs because the price is way too high for those specs.

​And i I love the ease of use with iOS, but I get bored with it

Cost is generally irrelevant in the US market because the iPhone 6 will anyway cost the same as other flagships (on-contract). E.g. it will probably start at $199 with a 24 month contract which is the same as a HTC One M8

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
You guys are looking at the iPhone all wrong. It's not about a checklist of specs, it's the whole package that owning an iPhone brings.

iOS 8's new Continuity/Handoff features are game changers, and will do a lot to reel new users into the platform. Having the ability swipe the work that your doing off of your computer screen and onto the screen of your iPhone/iPad is cool as hell. And the iPhone allows you to make calls or texts from your computer screen now also. This is something that Microsoft should never have allowed Apple to bring to market first.

iPhones are considered by most to be beautiful devices. You can disagree with that statement all you want, but the rest of the world thinks they are. In the US, the iPhone commands about 50% of the market, and in the first week that these new iPhones hit the stores, Apple will probably sell more of these than Microsoft will sell Lumia's all year.

The sheer size of developer backing and the fact that the iPhone gets the very best games and apps and accessories is what really makes the device what it is, it cannot be overstated. Half of the stuff you guys are calling the iPhone out over is stuff that iPhone owners don't really care about anyways. The device is gorgeous, the camera is fantastic, the display's on iPhones usually set the standard for calibration and quality. People are nuts for Facetime and Touch ID, and all of the little things that you guys just don't get, because you value a phones worth by looking at specs only.

I know this thread has turned into an iPhone hate-fest, but really it could be about any phone that's not made by Microsoft. You guys hate everything that's not a Windows Phone, and I really don't understand why. People love their iPhones, and Apple must be doing something right because profits from the iPhone alone are higher than all of Microsoft's worth.

Apple's iPhone Is Now Worth More Than All Of Microsoft - Forbes

Hi Fadia

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not hating on Apple and I actually love what they've done and I'm pissed that Microsoft is so far behind. I'm just disappointed in the new iPhone as I was thinking of switching, I think the design of not up to par with the previous iPhones (the back is too damn ugly) and its specs for the price are underwhelming and quite frankly shocking at this point

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
You guys are looking at the iPhone all wrong. It's not about a checklist of specs, it's the whole package that owning an iPhone brings.

iOS 8's new Continuity/Handoff features are game changers, and will do a lot to reel new users into the platform. Having the ability swipe the work that your doing off of your computer screen and onto the screen of your iPhone/iPad is cool as hell. And the iPhone allows you to make calls or texts from your computer screen now also. This is something that Microsoft should never have allowed Apple to bring to market first.

Didn't WebOS do that first a few years ago? I remember being able to answer phone calls from a touchpad paired with a WebOS phone. I also remember, you could swipe content from the phone to the tablet. Not sure though if that were only photos or not.
I really have no issue with Apple. Everyone gets what they want. I just don't see the "new" in any of the stuff Apple presented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077