Did anyone notice something missing from Apple's Sept. 9th 2014 announcement?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I didn't watch the entire keynote, but after reading all the articles, summaries, and info I could find on yesterday's Apple presentation, I didn't see one single mention of SIRI. Did they not have anything new or noteworthy to announce about their digital assistant? Or has Cortana completely overshadowed this feature segment?

Seems like Cortana has knocked Siri down a few notches...

Did I miss something?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Maybe Apple either a) hasn't done anything with Siri or b) didn't decide to make a big deal out of it since they've had it for years now.

Lastly, maybe they realised that not many people talk to their phones in public.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure Cortana has Apple shaking in their boots! LMAO Those commericals with the cheap 635 is really making an impact ;) I'm sure when iOS 8 roles out next week (go figure a rollout of an updated OS for all users) we will see. I bet when that happens Apple will be going over new iOS features.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it is overrated. This is true.. and I don't use it that much myself. Just thought, with all the Cortana vs Siri ads we've seen, that they would have had some sort of answer to it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it is overrated. This is true.. and I don't use it that much myself. Just thought, with all the Cortana vs Siri ads we've seen, that they would have had some sort of answer to it.

I don't to think Apple sees MS as a threat at all. Comparison adverts rarely work and all Apple would need to do is make a mockery of the lack of mainstream apps and WP will fall further into obscurity.

It's a dangerous game to play really.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
There was one thing in apples announcements, A product worth buying. They are playing major catchup in the handset department. Boring same ole same ole. Yeah its bigger, but that's not always better. IOS is so childish in its simplicity. Its like leapfrog programmed it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786