10-19-2014 07:09 PM
42 12
tools
    Someone should start a thread listing the top ten iOS features we're GLAD we DON'T have...

Like number 1. The missing camera roll
    Karthik Naik and bigbmc26 like this.
    09-23-2014 10:10 PM
    Switched to the iPhone 6 for many of these features. :)
    sadly I may be switching to the galaxy note 4 come my November upgrade if there is not a super compelling nokia lumia 1520 successor, which I seriously doubt. I going to skin android and find a way to make it work, and with android L, with ART things will be better. I hope to sell the GN4, and return to WP9 hardware if MS gets their stuff together.
    09-24-2014 01:29 AM
    sadly I may be switching to the galaxy note 4 come my November upgrade if there is not a super compelling nokia lumia 1520 successor, which I seriously doubt. I going to skin android and find a way to make it work, and with android L, with ART things will be better. I hope to sell the GN4, and return to WP9 hardware if MS gets their stuff together.
    get the LG G3 instead!! awesome phone!!
    09-24-2014 02:39 AM
    having that much fans queuing up and fighting when new phone launches
    09-24-2014 05:36 AM
    I just want a built in reliable panaroma mode. Reiteration after reiteration and all we have are crappy Lumia stitch photosynth apps. Android and apple makes it so easy. Frustrated that a great Lumia camera has to depend on lousy 3rd party apps for this
    09-24-2014 08:51 AM
    A new feature is also available now, even which apple hasn't mentioned..?
    Iphone6 is bending.. Have you experienced that.?
    I'm not in the mood to start a debate, but I'll tell you that my iPhone 6 feels brand new. :)
    09-24-2014 09:22 AM
    Apple has many features & iOS8 is ahead of WP OS.
    But we cannot even compare the Build quality of Nokia Phone with Apple iPhone..
    Apple's Build quality is too poor comparing to Nokia (Now MS Mobile)
    09-24-2014 09:55 AM
    Apple has many features & iOS8 is ahead of WP OS.
    But we cannot even compare the Build quality of Nokia Phone with Apple iPhone..
    Apple's Build quality is too poor comparing to Nokia (Now MS Mobile)
    Apple has poor build quality? Tell that to all the plastic lumias, and all the lumia lemons and bad quality control. I experienced that with the 900 and 920, and by being on the forums and with my family and friends who I got them to get wp's, I know it still exists.
    09-24-2014 10:01 AM
    Tell that to all the plastic lumias, and all the lumia lemons and bad quality control. I experienced that with the 900 and 920, and by being on the forums and with my family and friends who I got them to get wp's, I know it still exists.
    Yeah, Nokia might have been super tough with awesome QC years back, but it certainly didn't carry forward into their Lumia line. Perhaps it started getting better, and will continue to get better again under MSs umbrella, but there were problems galore with the WP8 Lumias.
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    09-24-2014 10:08 AM
    [WARN]
    Thread was cleaned for off topic content
    If a thread has a definite subject then it needs to stay on that topic!
    [/WARN]
    09-24-2014 11:54 AM
    Someone needs to do something about our Xbox Video app. It is so geared towards selling us their crap, that it is almost useless for our own personally owned TV Shows and Movies. Every thing is thrown into one ugly and messy pile with no organization or aesthetics. iOS organizes it all nicely with the ability to use DVD covers and movie posters to help nicely identify what is what. TV shows are organized into seasons and episodes and help identify what has been watches. Xbox Music was such a mess that they have pit all resources into it and forgot about the Xbox Video disaster.
    Karthik Naik and RaRa85 like this.
    09-25-2014 12:53 PM
    a better video app would be cool for our videos(not xbox)
    i hate having to use photos app for videos
    09-25-2014 02:04 PM
    I'd love to see iMovie on Windows Phone. The software is nearly perfect and superbly done.
    10-15-2014 12:31 PM
    I'd love to see iMovie on Windows Phone. The software is nearly perfect and superbly done.
    Since that's made by Apple, that wouldn't happen. Maybe Microsoft could put a similar software.
    10-18-2014 01:34 PM
    I use plex for my local media content, works great, and use Xbox video for purchased content and really have had no problems with it. I have no regrets moving away from iTunes at all.

One other comment on the original post - error free timely updates. Not trying to turn this into an apple bash, but apparently you missed the 8.0.1 ios update that locked users out of their new iPhone6's and no cell connection.

In fact there have been many many serious ios issues in previous releases.

One other comment regarding the nice to have's - I don't want a duplication of each and every feature available on another platform - I want to support my platform, which ever that personal preference happens to be...
    10-18-2014 02:09 PM
    iMessage and iPhone's Music app
    10-18-2014 02:19 PM
    iMessage and iPhone's Music app
    Extending iMessage to other platforms would be super cool.
    10-19-2014 07:09 PM
42 12