Apple Bias reaches Phonedog

4ny0n3

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, last time we had a misinformed reviewer say things like WP didn't have official Instagram and other sorts of BS. Now we have this video on "Why the iPhone 6 Plus bends" that turns out to be nothing more than just a guy that sounds and feels like he's doing damage control.

At the beginning, he sounds objective and has some valid points about the use of aluminum for devices, however as time passes his speech gets faster and the bias starts showing. Specially at the moment when he says something like: The phone design is awesome and you have to accept it for what it is.

Worst argument ever. IMHO he's just saying that it's ok for an overpriced, overhyped phone to bend and you shouldn't complain about it.

I think there are other aluminum phones that don't bend due to a great build quality. Not the same case with the iPhone 6 Plus.

Here's the video: Why your iPhone 6 Plus Bends (4K) - YouTube

What's your opinion about it?

P.S: Don't you miss Aaron?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a hard time understanding how this is bias!!?!

All he's talking about is why the iPhone 6+ bends, it has nothing to do with Windows Phone or bias towards one platform or another.

c_john

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I think is bias, HTC One max bends? I have not heard complaints.
Anyway apple will sell the overpticed iphone6 and next year will tell you that they were right in terms of big screens.

4ny0n3

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a hard time understanding how this is bias!!?!

All he's talking about is why the iPhone 6+ bends, it has nothing to do with Windows Phone or bias towards one platform or another.

If you paid almost 700 or 800 for a premium phone, would you expect it to become bent in the long run?
Or even worse, would you want someone to tell you that your phone is what it is and you have to accept it as such and not complain?!

This very guy uttered such words!

Also, this is obviously not connected to Windows Phone and that's why I posted it in this section. It's bias because it shows how people can go to extremes in order to justify how forgiving they are about a major flaw a very expensive and premium phone has.

Last edited:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Nope, still not seeing how this is bias!!!

Are you saying that this is bias because Windows Phones bend as well? If so its not something to be proud of really, is it?

4ny0n3

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Nope, still not seeing how this is bias!!!

Are you saying that this is bias because Windows Phones bend as well? If so its not something to be proud of really, is it?
Bias means prejudice in favor or against something.

What Windows Phone bends?

It's bias because iPhone 6 Plus as a premium and very expensive phone shouldn't receive special treatment over a major flaw. Had it been a Samsung phone no one would've said you have to "accept it for what it is" and embrace its flaw. People just won't accept Apple made a big mistake with that particular model and are trying to justify it.

To make it simpler: It's supposed to be a video on why the phone bends, that's it, yet at the end he tells you it's ok and you have to accept it for what it is. That's was not the topic of the video. He's justifying it.

Last edited:

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I am willing to put money on the cheap IPhone 6+ copy not bending as easy as the real phone. That would be a fun test and if true a massive kick in the nards to apple. Even the fake cheap phone bends less. Premium product my ***! All you pay for on apple products is the logo and ****** tax.

I love the name of the video "why your iPhone 6+ bends"....because its a garbage product.

RobGG

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
As long as it doesn't bend with normal use we should all be OK, that is the point of the video and I do have to agree with him, I've had other aluminum phones like the HTC M8 and never found out if i could bend it if i wanted... why? because i wasn't interested in finding out if i could, what matters to me is normal usage.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
exactly, its just bending while in peoples pockets when they sit down. Again, someone get ahold of the guy that did the initial video and ask him to do it to a Chinese copy of the 6+ I would die laughing if it were to be strong like the note! ha ha.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3