Dear iPhone users.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
What influenced you to get an iPhone? (or want to get one) rules: This must be your first phone.

P.s. To admins. I know this isn't in iMore.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You probably won't find many people whose first mobile phone ever is/was an iPhone. Most people started out with some feature phone.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
You probably won't find many people whose first mobile phone ever is/was an iPhone. Most people started out with some feature phone.

In the US, a lot of people start with iPhones. I almost did, too, because of the fingerprint sensor. Then I saw a Windows phone.

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site

Depends on how old they are. I'm sure there are far too many teenagers whose first mobile phone was an iPhone.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not exactly what you're looking for but oh well. I'll just throw it out.

First modern device was an iPod touch 4th generation in middle school. (I had plenty fun with several year old Palm PDAs. Still keep some around)
Why? Everyone had iPod touches and occasionally an iPhone.
It was a matter of compatibility. Multiplayer games, being compatible with other people, it was THE platform. And I was missing quite a bit with Palm OS.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Not exactly what you're looking for but oh well. I'll just throw it out.

First modern device was an iPod touch 4th generation in middle school. (I had plenty fun with several year old Palm PDAs. Still keep some around)
Why? Everyone had iPod touches and occasionally an iPhone.
It was a matter of compatibility. Multiplayer games, being compatible with other people, it was THE platform. And I was missing quite a bit with Palm OS.

Compatibility, you mean.

madcat72

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site

You'd be surprised, not everyone is 100 years old. As a Blackberry user I can't answer the question, and makes your comment relevant. lol

That out of the way, I'd also say app compatibility.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You'd be surprised, not everyone is 100 years old. As a Blackberry user I can't answer the question, and makes your comment relevant. lol

That out of the way, I'd also say app compatibility.

Even with young kids, I'd think their parents would get them something cheaper than an iPhone for their first mobile.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I know a few young kids ( ie 12ish) with Iphones now, they tend to be their parent's old phones. My daughter had her dad's Iphone3 for a while, but it was on it's last legs. She has a Lumia now.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 5 is my first smart phone.

The reason why I went for an iPhone is because of resale value. I wanted the Lumia 920 but was nowhere to be found so I opted for an iPhone and sold it when I got the 920. I had a bit more cash to spare for a case.

That's it. I did enjoy the experience though. iOS is a really good mobile OS.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Even with young kids, I'd think their parents would get them something cheaper than an iPhone for their first mobile.

Picked up a couple of lg fuel 2's from Walmart for $29 each. Grand daughter wants my 635 instead. Smart kid. No spendy apple products that could get lost or broken.

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I have been on iPhones for years, originally it was because it was the only one that offered apps, quality touch screen etc then android came along and ripped it off....

So for years it's been iPhone, now considering windows phone when it hits 10. My reasons for iPhone now is primaraly security, I want to access the bank without my details hitting criminal websites (as happened to two of my kids when they used windows laptops for online banking). The appeal of windows is I like the os, there is also a much cheaper entry point, I mainly use email and calls so it's more than adequate.

I will need to be convinced it is secure enough and not yet researched that side of windows 10.

Nakia Johnson1

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a Iphone 5c on at&t, my first iPhone was the 3GS and my second IPhone was the iPhone 4. Feels awkward having a iPhone again while I am so use to my Nokia Lumia 1520 and still have the phone by the way.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I have been on iPhones for years, originally it was because it was the only one that offered apps, quality touch screen etc then android came along and ripped it off....

So for years it's been iPhone, now considering windows phone when it hits 10. My reasons for iPhone now is primaraly security, I want to access the bank without my details hitting criminal websites (as happened to two of my kids when they used windows laptops for online banking). The appeal of windows is I like the os, there is also a much cheaper entry point, I mainly use email and calls so it's more than adequate.

I will need to be convinced it is secure enough and not yet researched that side of windows 10.

You got that all sorts of backwards buddy. APPLE RIPPED OFF ANDROID>

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
You got that all sorts of backwards buddy. APPLE RIPPED OFF ANDROID>
Are you winding me up?....

Apple released ios before android came out, android touch (which before the iPhone had been dismissed by the way) came out after the iPhone ripping off the iPhone. Best you do a wee bit of reading about what came first.

Android is a criminal virus there is no other way to describe it. Its also badly designed, security weak and unbelievably ugly in design. The whole reason people use it goes completely over my head.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster