Apple's strategy (and why it would fail)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
currently I saw Apple has lots of strategy to bring back their stock level and more user.
First start, we saw bend gate, which let media focused on their product, media won't talking about other product. It was a very good strategy to block other company to advertising their phone. But soon, the strategy gone insane. Everybody, including OEM, started to joke on it.
Second, the update gate, update your phone, become bricks. To Apple, it thought that it can let user be like "Oh my, should have read terms before update! Warranty didn't cover update bug. Oh well, buy the latest Apple Phone now." But again, it gone wrong too. People start complaining about it, user hating it, OEM joke on it, twice.
Third, updated phone OS and press reset all setting delete your cloud storage...... not sure if it is part of their plan but it also let media focused on this serious bug.
Forth, only apple watch can used with apple phone. Android smartwatch are going to cross-platform soon, but not apple watch. Why? Because they "focus" on their on product only, no time for other. And I'm glad it didn't cause it looks like ****.
Fifth, more bend gate, ruining the whole system. Can't use cellular data, and touchID.
Sixth, CEO is gay! Not sure if it is true gay or not, and I didn't insulting him, but if it is true, I'm fine with it. If it is not, another strategy to let media focus on Apple again. What a cheap trick..

awfully, these strategy just let Apple looking worse (except Sixth one), I hope they just not using those trick to attract customers.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
currently I saw Apple has lots of strategy to bring back their stock level and more user.
First start, we saw bend gate, which let media focused on their product, media won't talking about other product. It was a very good strategy to block other company to advertising their phone. But soon, the strategy gone insane. Everybody, including OEM, started to joke on it.
Second, the update gate, update your phone, become bricks. To Apple, it thought that it can let user be like "Oh my, should have read terms before update! Warranty didn't cover update bug. Oh well, buy the latest Apple Phone now." But again, it gone wrong too. People start complaining about it, user hating it, OEM joke on it, twice.
Third, updated phone OS and press reset all setting delete your cloud storage...... not sure if it is part of their plan but it also let media focused on this serious bug.
Forth, only apple watch can used with apple phone. Android smartwatch are going to cross-platform soon, but not apple watch. Why? Because they "focus" on their on product only, no time for other. And I'm glad it didn't cause it looks like ****.
Fifth, more bend gate, ruining the whole system. Can't use cellular data, and touchID.
Sixth, CEO is gay! Not sure if it is true gay or not, and I didn't insulting him, but if it is true, I'm fine with it. If it is not, another strategy to let media focus on Apple again. What a cheap trick..

awfully, these strategy just let Apple looking worse (except Sixth one), I hope they just not using those trick to attract customers.
Microsoft should learn from Apple and try get the media to talk about windows phones more. iPhones are actually selling because of this strategy.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The subject of Tim Cook's sexuality is absolutely not a trick, nor should it be used as an example of strategy. It has nothing at all to do with the way that Apple conducts business, except to foster and encourage a more tolerant culture.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I think their slip-ups are just that... Slip-ups. No company wants bad PR. Apple is not an unknown brand and to them the motto "The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about" doesn't apply.
They have built an image of quality and consistency (not going to comment on whether it's true or not), and these things are horrible publicity. Sure they might seem to shrug it off on social media and joke about it, but I truly think heads roll in Apple HQ over such things. They don't do publicity stunts, at least not intentionally. I doubt Tim Cook would admit to being gay for the press alone, Apple is enjoying way too much attention these days whether or not he would confess to it or not. I think it's bold of him to do it, and I respect him for it.

I loathe Apple, but even I can't agree with your post, OP.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that Apple's mistakes should be considered a strategy, only how they deal with them (although there was no easy way out of the Apple Maps fiasco). Problem management is pretty key to any company's strategy.

Apple products are popular because they're so popular, it's really as simple as that. Pretty good design and innovation play a good part, but fostering a sense of loyalty and peer pressure have given them a huge amount of business.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Will somebody please explain to me how being gay matters? Tim Cook being gay and $1.07 buys me a small coffee at McDonald's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre