Should I move on to an Apple?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tareq27

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
tried an iphone 6 and iphone 6+ today .... got so jealous !

just bought a lumia 1520 online to replace my lumia 925 , was so happy with my dicision until i saw an iphone 6 ,, with its smooth performance ..
even saw a WORD app from microsoft on the iphone !!
why we Windows phone users dont have that and the damn iphone have it ?
Why microsoft makes its own apps better on other platformes ??
i dont know but i feel like i regreted buying the lumia 1520 after seeing that .

misterff1

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
re: tried an iphone 6 and iphone 6+ today .... got so jealous !

Well then, if you have your iphone, send that 1520 to me. Seriously man. We are talking about hundreds of dollars/euros here and you're still not happy.. That's just lame

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

just bought a lumia 1520 online to replace my lumia 925 , was so happy with my dicision until i saw an iphone 6 ,, with its smooth performance ..
i dont know but i feel like i regreted buying the lumia 1520 after seeing that .

Lol cursing won't get MS to bring the apps over any faster :) Joe Belfiore recently said that they are simply getting ready to launch everything at once. He was talking about the office app on the other platforms. So i'm hoping this goes for all the apps that MS has on other platforms...

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Oh cry me a river. We have a Word app. And it was just this past year that iPhone got "better" Office apps. In fact, just a year ago the iPhone didn't have any Office app.

When Windows 10 launches, I can practically guarantee you that Windows "Phone" will blow the iPhone away. Especially in terms of Microsoft apps.

Welcome to technology.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Keep hearing Windows 10 will blow everything away. Hope it's true. Hope the 1530 is out by then too.

The 6+ is rather nice though.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

When Windows 10 launches, I can practically guarantee you that Windows "Phone" will blow the iPhone away. Especially in terms of Microsoft apps

Source?

TBH I've been saying pretty much the same, but im starting to wonder if MS can actually pull it off.......................... One thing is for sure; The launch of W10 = D-Day

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

My sister has the iPhone 6 +. She let me play with it for 2 minutes and I hated it!!! It is also the most ugliest phone I have ever seen and it looks cheap. I'm very happy with my 1520.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: tried an iphone 6 and iphone 6+ today .... got so jealous !

My boss has an iPhone 6+. It is fast and responsive. I'd say it is the best iPhone that Apple has ever made. But I don't find that it's performance diminishes the quality of my 1520 at all. I still like my 1520, and I still think it's the best phone I've ever owned.

Tareq27

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Well then, if you have your iphone, send that 1520 to me. Seriously man. We are talking about hundreds of dollars/euros here and you're still not happy.. That's just lame
No no i dont have one . My friend bought one two days ago and today I used it for the first time .plus I don't have that money. I'm selling my Lumia 925 to be able to buy a used 1520 cause I thought it would be great to have a more powerful phone . But then saw my friend grab the iPhone for 34 euros a month :/

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Uh, there's this Orange icon called "Office". In it you will find Word, Excel and Powerpoint.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Source?

TBH I've been saying pretty much the same, but im starting to wonder if MS can actually pull it off.......................... One thing is for sure; The launch of W10 = D-Day

Well, Windows 10 mobile will have to at least match Windows 8 RT on Surfaces. And WP/Windows RT are being merged into one. So unless they just feel like stripping out all the functionality in RT and **** Surface owners off, then I'd assume Windows for mobile devices will be pretty good.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
When Windows 10 launches, I can practically guarantee you that Windows "Phone" will blow the iPhone away. Especially in terms of Microsoft apps.

Where have I heard this before? WP7 was supposed to "change" everything. Didn't happen? Oh just kidding guys WP7.5 "Mango" will be the real deal... No? Lets add a tad bit of mainstream to appeal to a broader audience with 8.0... [Crickets] well 8.1 will have Cortana and action center, it's sure to be the bees knees! Woooow a whopping 3% guys!! I can't wait for Windows 10 to blow everything out of the water this one's definitely it guys!.............. Lol sums up about the past four years of Microsoft's mobile effort.

Last edited:

Jackie Earley

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

Well if Win10 isn't what it should be, I expect WP to fall off completely. All of OEM partners will pull out again and WP will die sadly If they don't get this version right.

However I think its either going to explode or fizzle. No in between with this.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Where have I heard this before? WP7 was supposed to "change" everything. Didn't happen? Oh just kidding guys WP7.5 "Mango" will be the real deal... No? Lets add a tad bit of mainstream to appeal to a broader audience with 8.0... [Crickets] well 8.1 will have Cortana and action center, it's sure to be the bees knees! Woooow a whopping 3% guys!! I can't wait for Windows 10 to blow everything out of the water this one's definitely it guys!.............. Lol sums up about the most four years of Microsoft's mobile effort.

Just because the market share isn't there doesn't mean WP isn't already more functional in some ways. I've been straddled with a company iPhone for almost 5 years now and I find myself doing a lot of company-related work on my 1520 (or whatever WP device I have at the time) because iPhones are simply not up to business tasks. Whether the members of this forum want to believe it or not, BlackBerry is more of a threat to WP than iOS or Android because of its ties to the business community. Android is irrelevant, it's failure with Knox and subsequent partnership with BB for security measures bears this out. The iPhone is a glorified app launcher and despite numerous attempts at luring the enterprise sector, iPads are being slowly phased out in favor of Surface Pro tablets. The experiment didn't work. But you won't find this information here or on The Verge, pick up Forbes or any business-centric publication and you'll see the articles. Windows 10 will be a defining endeavor for Microsoft and depending on what happens at the W10 event, we'll know where Office and other MS staples are headed. It just may not be where general consumers want but rather what MS wants, and that is the cash cow that enterprise offers. I submit to you that MS is conceding the consumer market to Android and iOS but is going all in to the guys (and gals) in suits. A token low to mid range device will still be offered for mass consumption but Redmond will leave the flagships to other OEMs if they wish.

I hope I'm wrong as I usually am, but my gut tells me otherwise.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I won't even read much into this thread because I really rolled my eyes and stopped Reading after this
"even saw a WORD app from microsoft on the iphone !! why we Windows phone users dont have that"

please person, get an iPhone and be happy if you care so much about few more games and few bank apps (because most apps are on WP just some stubborn developers just don't want to build anything for WP like snapchat)

But why if i don't care about this, why I comment? because I have something to tell you.... WP has Word and Excel and PowerPoint... so only because iOS got it, automatically WP doesn't have office since WP7? automatically Word and Excel and PowerPoint and one note are invisible? yeah being integrated into the OS was not a good thing, (even if people thought it was at the beginning) but it's there, so I would probably have to ask to you and people like you, if you are going to complain about the OS and compare it with other platforms, at least learn how to use WP and learn what it has, or you are missing your office "App" on your App list? oh wow ^___________^

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I think its either going to explode or fizzle. No in between with this.

Unfortunately it's looking very likely to be the latter as the iPhones popularity isn't going anywhere, it's an Apple product. Effectively a social status icon anyone saying otherwise are either "haters" or just plain blind. Android on the other hand is great with its flagship devices satisfying the tech geeks and Samsung would be the status icon of the robot world. The consumer smartphone market is happy there is no place for Windows Phone (at the moment) it's a classic case of if it ain't broke don't fix it. The only place that WP can still nudge its way in would be the budget phone market but even that is proving to be difficult for Microsoft.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

handled both iPhones before, came away impressed.

not 100% my cup-of-tea, but still very nice pieces of hardware. iOS is as polished as I remember.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

most apps are on WP just some stubborn developers just don't want to build anything for WP like snapchat

"most apps" doesn't really mean most apps it means most popular apps. Even then, the experience isn't equal. Instagram is a good example. Facebook as well. Fb messenger doesn't have feature parity. I can go on but for brevity's sake the point is; Windows Phone is an incomplete experience when being compared to the typical consumer smartphone market definition of a smartphone.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

However I think its either going to explode or fizzle.

I think it'll do neither. In a year from now we'll probably be saying what we're saying now; "This year, when Windows 10 hits..." except we'll be adding "GDR1." WP has plodded along for over 4 years now, and it's at 3% market share where it's been for about half that time.

If W10 is the hit it is purported to be, it probably won't happen right out of the gate. It'll take time to work its way into the market, and will probably require an update or two to squash bugs. I bet we'll be looking at sometime in 2016 until we see any significant change to WP's place in the market, IF it happens at all!

spazzmeister

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site

I think it'll do neither. In a year from now we'll probably be saying what we're saying now; "This year, when Windows 10 hits..." except we'll be adding "GDR1." WP has plodded along for over 4 years now, and it's at 3% market share where it's been for about half that time.

If W10 is the hit it is purported to be, it probably won't happen right out of the gate. It'll take time to work its way into the market, and will probably require an update or two to squash bugs. I bet we'll be looking at sometime in 2016 until we see any significant change to WP's place in the market, IF it happens at all!
You keep waiting then. Until 2016 my 930 will keep serving me as a paperweight I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb