As an apple user I have to admit windows 10 is exciting.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
So while I've never owned a Mac before i have used one before and I've owned pretty much every phone since the iPhone 4. I own an iPad and a Apple TV as well. I was considering getting a MacBook to better integrate with those other Apple devices, but I just don't think here as interesting as some of the windows laptops coming out and as interesting as we does 10 is. So now I'm probaly just going to stick with windows and get a windows laptop. Which is weird because I was pretty sure I'd be converting to Mac, but a lot of what MS is doing is just more interesting to me.

So I guess I'll continue to be the iOS guy who uses Windows and posts here. Please don't stone me , ha ha.

I just think it's crazy how much has changed just in the past year. It's weird to see MS as the super interesting company again

Shankar chandran S

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Really, :( If I could chose to go back to wp8 with action center and transparent tiles I will chose it over any other OS. But it is just me, never had much bragging rights with 3%.
I hope they don?t just drop pivot all together, touchable icons for the newer sheeps (who may or may not come to a knock out of their favorite OS(Correct me if I am wrong. Saw the hand on video and deleted the insider program , really hopes someone correct me )) and pivot for the originals.
:wink:

VGNtl

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 could be the next big thing for Microsoft (hopefully.) But I can't imagine many apply user coming to windows just because of it.

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Don't be too sure. I know of people who have a MacBook which needs to be replaced and they're just not up for paying Apple prices. Windows 10 could be just the push they need.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Really, :( If I could chose to go back to wp8 with action center and transparent tiles I will chose it over any other OS. But it is just me, never had much bragging rights with 3%.

I hope they don?t just drop pivot all together, touchable icons for the newer sheeps (who may or may not come to a knock out of their favorite OS(Correct me if I am wrong. Saw the hand on video and deleted the insider program , really hopes someone correct me )) and pivot for the originals.

:wink:

"No to hamburger and don't kill pivots" has got nearly 49,000 votes on uservoice. Do all you can to add more votes!

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Yay :) you're right though, Microsoft is doing some really amazing stuff. Makes me proud that I made the choice to become a Microsoft fan boy a couple years ago. I had been trying to switch to Linux, then I got a Windows phone and just couldn't leave the Microsoft world. Windows integrated so good with my phone... I'm looking forward to Windows 10 and I am excited!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
If Microsoft can pull off the seamless integration between PCs / tablets, Xbox and Phones, it would be interesting to see what the competition will come out with. Competition is good, it fuels innovations and keeps companies on a progressive path as opposed to becoming dormant then slowly residing into a state of stagnation.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
If Microsoft can pull off the seamless integration between PCs / tablets, Xbox and Phones, it would be interesting to see what the competition will come out with. Competition is good, it fuels innovations and keeps companies on a progressive path as opposed to becoming dormant then slowly residing into a state of stagnation.

Well unfortunately I wouldn't be able to take full advantage of that intergration because I don't use windows phone.

Last edited:

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 could be the next big thing for Microsoft (hopefully.) But I can't imagine many apply user coming to windows just because of it.

It may not be about that so much as its about keeping existing windows users happy and not switching to Mac. I was a existing windows user that unless MS interested me with windows 10 would probaly go buy a Mac as my next computer. Now that I know windows 10 is interesting to me, it makes it a lot easier for me to stay with windows and not jump ship.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well unfortunately I wouldn't be able to take full advantage of that negation because I don't use windows phone.

Well you can get yourself a low end model one for $50 dollars :winktongue: just to see how it goes. If your feeling adventurous, you can try the Windows 10 preview for phones on a Lumia 630. However bear in mind it is the first build and essentially pre-alpha. Personally I wouldn't recommend it but it is there if you want to check it out.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Well you can get yourself a low end model one for $50 dollars :winktongue: just to see how it goes.

Actually I've used windows phone before and actually like it quite a bit. The deal breaker though is apps. In the type of person that likes to have access to the newest stuff and games. And unfortunately, at this moment, that's not windows phone. Maybe universal apps will change this, but until then I'm fine with my iPhone 6 plus and iPad 4. I am considering getting whatever surface pro is out when I finaly have the money to get a laptop though.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Actually I've used windows phone before and actually like it quite a bit. The deal breaker though is apps. In the type of person that likes to have access to the newest stuff and games. And unfortunately, at this moment, that's not windows phone. Maybe universal apps will change this, but until then I'm fine with my iPhone 6 plus and iPad 4. I am considering getting whatever surface pro is out when I finaly have the money to get a laptop though.

I see and fair enough, I can understand where your coming from.

Universal apps will most likely bring about a change as not only reduces the coding man hours but will increase the reach for developers drastically. The One year free upgrade for Windows 8 and Windows 7 users should fuel a lot of momentum.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

And sadly, that's the main kicker with Windows, unless it has a desktop, there's just not that many apps. However, with all the screens going under one OS, that's a good multiple million customers under one store, and I'm positive that with that number, it'll help, a lot.

Hopefully Microsoft gets this next chapter right, but hey, I've heard nothing bad about the Surface Pro 3 (but there is a new Intel chipset that's out, so I bet there will be a new Surface Pro soon).

Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
So while I've never owned a Mac before i have used one before and I've owned pretty much every phone since the iPhone 4. I own an iPad and a Apple TV as well. I was considering getting a MacBook to better integrate with those other Apple devices, but I just don't think here as interesting as some of the windows laptops coming out and as interesting as we does 10 is. So now I'm probaly just going to stick with windows and get a windows laptop. Which is weird because I was pretty sure I'd be converting to Mac, but a lot of what MS is doing is just more interesting to me.

So I guess I'll continue to be the iOS guy who uses Windows and posts here. Please don't stone me , ha ha.

I just think it's crazy how much has changed just in the past year. It's weird to see MS as the super interesting company again

High Time...You should also buy a Windows Phone! :D

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
High Time...You should also buy a Windows Phone! :D

The problem is the lack of devices available on ATT. The only high end phones on ATT are the 1520 and HTC ONE M8 WP Edition. And the 1520 is huge and the M8 has a bad camera. If ATT had the 930 or if I could use it in America and have LTE, that would be my pick.

1520 would be a choice I could do, but it's even bigger than my 6 plus I believe.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I may buy a 635 just to have as a media player/have access to windows phone. I don't like taking my phone to the gym because I fear dropping it or something. With the 635 I can throw in a 128gb SD card or whatever and have that for my podcasts/music listening while exercising. I would then also have a device to keep up with what WP is doing. Though I don't expect great performance from it due to limited RAM and CPU.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb