09-03-2015 04:56 AM
93 1234
tools
    It is, well at least for the initial public release. From here on MS will be squashing bugs until it hits RTM. Maybe in Redstone we can see improvements, I see no reason otherwise.
    Windows 10 will NEVER be finished. It's a constantly rolling slice of software as MS has dropped the Xp, 7, Vista, 8, next version thing.
    Hoekie likes this.
    06-10-2015 10:32 AM
    The vast majority of people, despite not knowing why as they went on what they were told or didn't even try, Windows 8.1 and certain Touch elements are DEAD. Gone. Probably.

Maybe try not to blame MS but, instead, blame the people that simply have no idea what they're doing.

Apple owners are TOLD that they have a great new feature while MS cannot do anything right /s

P.s. Installing Windows 10 onto my Pro 3 right now as the VM testing's done. Here comes windows 10 no matter what you or I say.
    Cornelius Smith II likes this.
    06-10-2015 10:34 AM
    Apple fans have great multitasking on iOS9 because most of the Apple users don't know what multitasking is but for sure it works perfectly :). Common guys, most of the windows users are like power users compared to Apple users. Most Apple user don't care about their OS, cloud etc... all they care is the social etiquete it brings with it.
    06-10-2015 10:43 AM
    This thread is silly. We have multi-tasking and split screen in Windows 8/8.1/10. It is better in 10 than before. iOS9 is starting to get split screen and suddenly it's 'great multi-tasking'. Please. As usual, Apple is on catchup.
    Hoekie, ectobs and Alexis-1991 like this.
    06-10-2015 11:52 AM
    All I can say is you're talking about two software releases that aren't even out yet. Why waist the brainpower even thinking about it.

I'm sad I'm even taking the time to respo
    06-10-2015 11:57 AM
    It just looks like more webOS copies from 6 years ago. I haven't seen much innovated since then in a UX. Hardware has come light years, but the UX's are still trying to catch up with webOS and the dev teams put together way back in the future and it was the future having had palm and windows Treo's for years before.
    06-10-2015 12:46 PM
    Hehehe.. You say that like it's a bad thing.. Either way, they did a great job.. 😋
    06-10-2015 07:43 PM
    Windows 10 will NEVER be finished.
    I said the first release is finished (well almost), MS is just polishing for prime time release. We all know Windows 10 will be updated moving forward. My point is we should expect Tablet Mode to be updated/ polished whatevs from hereon.
    Jeddic likes this.
    06-11-2015 12:21 AM
    Look like everyone is also copying Samsung features.
    Split screen.
    Windows 8 had split screen long before Samsung put in the Galaxy Note. Windows 10 still has split-screen but it seems to have been hobbled. In W8.1 I can split the screen up to four ways but in W10 it seems to only allow two apps at once.
    06-11-2015 12:47 AM
    Your definition of multitasking is different than mine.
    I have a tablet. Doesn't mean I want one thing maximized full screen all the time and everything else hidden in background. How is that multitasking?
    How is that multitasking? Every version of Windows only allows you to interact with one window at a time. In OS X I can use my scroll wheel in a window without first having to give it focus. Of course, that impressive little trick is completely overshadowed by the need to click a window in OS X to give it focus before you can actually start doing anything more than that in it. e.g. If I want to drag some files from one Finder/Explorer window to another - in Windows I can click-drag to select the files and as I start that operation it will shift focus to that window but in OS X it won't. I have to click first to give that window focus, then click-drag to select. It used to work like Windows but they changed it a few versions ago and it can be infuriating when you are in a hurry.

But I digress. Multitasking is simply the act of being able to run multiple programs at the same time. You can listen to music while you compose an email on any smartphone, and you will still get alerts and notifications, so they are all very capable of multi-tasking, no matter how few or many interfaces you can see at one time.
    06-11-2015 12:57 AM
    This thread is silly. We have multi-tasking and split screen in Windows 8/8.1/10. It is better in 10 than before.
    No, it is worse. I can split my screen four ways in 8.1, only two in 10. That makes it only half as good in W10 and a very clear step backwards.
    sweatshopking and Jeddic like this.
    06-11-2015 12:59 AM
    Why is the grass always greener on the other side of the fence?

I learned a long time ago not to expect or demand one OS look and behave like another.
    06-11-2015 01:18 AM
    Windows 8 had split screen long before Samsung put in the Galaxy Note. Windows 10 still has split-screen but it seems to have been hobbled. In W8.1 I can split the screen up to four ways but in W10 it seems to only allow two apps at once.
    I don't remember have it in my phone or phablet.
    Where you got it?

Another question how long W8(I think you wrongly bring pc in phone segment) have slipt screen before Samsung ?
    I want see how good your knowledge is about galaxy phone features.
    Last edited by D M C; 06-11-2015 at 03:46 AM.
    06-11-2015 03:06 AM
    While not relevant on tablet, Alt-Tab is the best task switcher ever created.
    dkediger and forked like this.
    06-11-2015 07:08 AM
    Wow! Now Apple invented multitasking and window snapping!
    06-11-2015 07:52 AM
    No, it is worse. I can split my screen four ways in 8.1, only two in 10. That makes it only half as good in W10 and a very clear step backwards.
    What screen size is that on?

Split Screen handling has got quite a bit better:

Snap in Windows 10 refined with Snap Assist, Corner Snap, and Snap Fill
    noersetiawan likes this.
    06-11-2015 08:12 AM
    Ok, I've seen what the OP is talking about in terms of what is going on with IOS9. I installed it on my IPad last night and what they've seemed to have done is borrow from google's android Lollipop card model. I think its nice if you are on that platform. On THIS platform, I manage just fine with how multitasking works on this platform. Can it improve? Of course. But what happens on IOS is just different. not necessarily better and far from great.
    RumoredNow and jefbeard911 like this.
    06-11-2015 09:59 AM
    FFS... Windows 10 is NOT FINISHED YET! Any opinion is simply void until it hits that final build. Moan, moan, moan and moan. It gets annoying.

As for multi-tasking in ios9... A haa haaa!

P.s. I own a Air 2 so I'm happy but won't, probably, use the feature. We'll see (It's not as if I used it on the Surface Pro)
    Windows 10 is 1 month from release on PCs and Tablets. Microsoft has already stated that now we are only going to be receiving polish and bug fixes in the new builds before release.

Fixing the tablet interface would be adding a ****load of new features, which at this point, is not happening. Maybe Windows 10.1 will fix it.
    06-11-2015 10:48 AM
    I was a big fan of Android 5.0's Recent Apps view.

11-android-50-recent-apps-100530534-large.idge.jpg
    06-11-2015 10:55 AM
    I don't like the apps view on contrary, coz although view looks cool but arrangement hides preview of apps behind in stack. Vista flip 3d does amazing job in fact!
    06-11-2015 11:13 AM
    Why?
    Because you were not convincing enough when your friends asked you about Windows 8. It is merely a copy of that.
    iamakii likes this.
    06-11-2015 01:52 PM
    Nonsense.
    Windows 10 is a huge step backwards. Microsoft should learn to stick to their guns if they want to be considered a pioneer. Changing perception with all media against you is no simple thing, but had they waited enough and believed in what they had in their hands (their competitors most certainly did, ripped them off just grand) today it would be much much different. Yes people were "shocked" the masses are stupid and slow to change, but 2 years later they had started buying on the change. Windows 10 changed all that. Sure, it is an easy sale, especially since it is free, something they should have done in the first place with Windows 8, but it brings computing back to 2000s.
    iamakii, Motor_Mouth and Jeddic like this.
    06-11-2015 01:59 PM
    The big difference is that UX is a priority and Apple and it is literally (as we see with Win10) and afterthought with MS.
    It is incredible that MS's approach to Win10 is to put a bunch of widgets on the screen, release it as a preview, and then create a UX around what the biggest complaints were on each screen of widgets. That is a sure way to get a terrible UX.
    Motor_Mouth and joeonsunset like this.
    06-11-2015 02:34 PM
    So... if you aren't an apple fan you don't have a great MT?
    06-11-2015 03:48 PM
    FFS... Windows 10 is NOT FINISHED YET! Any opinion is simply void until it hits that final build. Moan, moan, moan and moan. It gets annoying.

As for multi-tasking in ios9... A haa haaa!

P.s. I own a Air 2 so I'm happy but won't, probably, use the feature. We'll see (It's not as if I used it on the Surface Pro)
    You do know that windows 10 is feature locked though, right? there aren't any additional changes coming, just bug fixes. your point is irrelevant.
    noersetiawan likes this.
    06-11-2015 04:58 PM
93 1234