Jimmy Kimmel shows how the typical iPhone user will accept anything!

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
You got to watch this YouTube video from Jimmy Kimmel, showing off the OLD iPhone 1 as the NEW iPhone 6s, and people believed it was faster and better!

https://youtu.be/sfkbxzilVC4

What's your opinion? Oh, this isn't an anti-Apple thread, just impressed that Apple can market ANYTHING and people are brainwashed to accept it!

G.

Last edited:

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Stupid people will be stupid, always. I don't care for people like that, they are doing it for themselves, I know how to think with my had, trybdifferent options and choose obe that suits me.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
That video show nothing more than the power of editing and that people would truly say and do anything to be on TV.

Yes, it shows the idiots who fell for it, but how many people didn't accept it? I'm curious to see how much video they shot compared to how much they showed.

Agreed :) It was the same thing during the World Cup, many american boasted about seeing how well the USMNT played, but actually none of them had any clue. People want to belong, that's the whole psychology behind it :D

Both Jared and Zach are right! I'm sure a few got it right, but those reactions were most likely (intentionally) cut out, because those answers don't serve the purpose of this segment..

Nonetheless the video and interviews are funny :p

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I would love for Kimmel or one of the other late night hosts to try pulling a segment like this where they present people with a de-badged Windows Phone, and pass it off as a new iPhone. I'm curious to see what the reaction might be. If they had a nice background with a well laid out arrangement of transparent live tiles, I think people might like it. I'm fairly confident that the "I hate the tiles" of wp8 crowd, just didn't like aesthetic of the opaque, solid colour tiles. WP8.1 themes go a long way to changing the aesthetic, and it looks so much nicer than old school desktop icons.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I would love for Kimmel or one of the other late night hosts to try pulling a segment like this where they present people with a de-badged Windows Phone, and pass it off as a new iPhone. I'm curious to see what the reaction might be. If they had a nice background with a well laid out arrangement of transparent live tiles, I think people might like it. I'm fairly confident that the "I hate the tiles" of wp8 crowd, just didn't like aesthetic of the opaque, solid colour tiles. WP8.1 themes go a long way to changing the aesthetic, and it looks so much nicer than old school desktop icons.

The fun would stop as soon as they got to the app store.

As much as some "journalists" will try to make you believe tiles or the UI were never really the problem with WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234