This or the Venue 8 Pro?

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Oh haha just noticed that this thread is in the Miix2's forum lol.... I want the Venue 8 Pro but it depends how long it takes to be available on Amazon UK!

jasonprahl

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
The material of the Venue 8 Pro does feel nicer. I had one but it got very warm with normal use and very hot with games and such. I returned mine and got the Miix 2. I actually like the looks of the bezel on the Lenovo better. The Lenovo doesn't get warm like the Dell did with normal use (playing videos, email and browsing the web). After playing Asphalt 7 for about 20 minutes it did heat up a bit. The Dell has a physical Windows button that is somewhat awkwardly placed. It's fine for landscape use but I didn't like it for portrait use. The Lenovo has a virtual button on the bezel that vibrates when touched. The bad thing with that is I would inadvertently hit it when trying to swipe in from the right to get the charms bar. I'm used to it now and I swipe in above or below the windows button. Apart from those things the performance, weight, screen and dimensions are almost identical. They both took a 64gb microsd just fine.

SocalTouch

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
If it is important for you - Dell has an active digitizer (better than a stylus that initially left much to be desired but Dell issued a new driver update for it today and hopefully that makes it the perfect note taking machine I thought it was capable of being) while the Lenovo has a GPS. The rest is pretty similar.

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I take the GPS anytime because I use apps that uses GPS, Bing Weather, Maps, etc... and it is such a blessing to have.

Btw, one question. If you magnify the display 125-150%, how does the scaling of the windows stack up? Will the IE tabs be too zoomed in, or will the softwares adjust to it properly?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos