6.25GB free on 32Gb Miix 2

jeff605

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I know this thread is talking about a different product but for what it's worth the Venue didn't really have any bloatware installed, aside from a few Dell branded apps. I'm not positive but I think I started with around 10 GB of available storage, including a multi-gig recovery partition.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Take office off and use the online version provided you have office 365. There is plenty of room to run what you need. If its that bad leave a PC on at home and remote in from the tablet to do the work and transfer the file. There are many ways around the storage issue. You can run software from a WiFi hard drive if you need to. All you do is load it and point to the WiFi drive to install.
or do what I did, and install office on the SD card.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok i think i have it figured out. If i delete a bunch of stuff, buy an sd card, shift a bunch of stuff onto it, get a special cable for jump drive, buy a jump drive, load stuff on the jump drive, move a bunch of stuff to web storage, make sure i always have wifi, etc, etc a 32 gb windows tablet should have plenty of storage for me. Sounds like a great user experience out of the box and i would be happy to recommend it to my my friends and family.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Ok i think i have it figured out. If i delete a bunch of stuff, buy an sd card, shift a bunch of stuff onto it, get a special cable for jump drive, buy a jump drive, load stuff on the jump drive, move a bunch of stuff to web storage, make sure i always have wifi, etc, etc a 32 gb windows tablet should have plenty of storage for me. Sounds like a great user experience out of the box and i would be happy to recommend it to my my friends and family.

some of that is not necessary, just get yourself a 64 gig SD card at the fastest speed you can, install all x86 programs to that, you can remap your documents, movies, pictures etc. to the SD card and your good to go. I started out with 14 gigs free, I have a crap ton of apps installed, and a few x86 programs installed and keep around 6-7 gigs free on the main drive, and 30+ on the SD card. the app store apps are much smaller than x86 programs.
the OTG connector is a nice thing to have, but not required, I have not used mine more than a couple times. There is talk that within the next few updates to windows that it might allow installing apps to the SD card as well. We will see.

RICARDO MORALES1

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
6 GB REMAINING after starting out with 32 GB is NOT HALF,,,, There is no justification for putting the recovery section in badly used and unadvertised resulting usage in the main drive; especially when the right thing to do was to put the recovery disk on an external usb to come along with it at time of sale. HALF ? , yes, I would understand your misguided reply if you had left my unit with 16 GB. Unit is being returned and replaced with 64 GB main drive and external sd 64 GB. Further, it should have been provided an OTG connector to make an everyday USB needed drive useful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar