Slim Down With Downward Facing Dog [Yoga 900S]

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think this is a sweet looking device.

YOGA 900S in Gold_Tent Mode.jpgYOGA 900S in Gold_Keyboard.jpg
YOGA 900S in Gold_Using Windows 10 in Laptop Mode.jpg

Now factor in that it is only 12.8 mm (0.5 inches) thick and weighs in at a svelte 999g (2.2lbs) and I'm starting to rethink the value of 2-in1 convertibles.

It looks fantastic, is super light and flexible in deployment. Plus it supports active pen input. I always wish my tablet had more laptop like configurations and likewise wish my laptop had better pen support. This seems to be the best of both worlds and the package is getting lighter and more aesthetically pleasing with each generation.

The spec is very decent as well:
  • Intel 6th-generation Core m7 processor
  • Fanless design
  • Up to 8GB of RAM
  • Up to 512GB PCIe SSD
  • Custom 54Wh battery
  • Battery life of 10.5 hours
  • 12.5-inch display up to 2560 x 1440 QHD
  • 2x USB 3.0
  • 1x USB Type-C

Has the era of the 2-in-1 truly come into fruition? Is this the way forward?

jasguild

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone concerned about the M processor? The first generation of this processor was pretty crappy.

Yes it would be nice to have an even slimmer and lighter device than the Yoga 900 and one that supports active pen, but if it will come at the price of a crappy processor, its not worth it.

Also does anyone have any information about the dimensions? So far we only know the thickness but not the length and width.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone concerned about the M processor? The first generation of this processor was pretty crappy.

Yes it would be nice to have an even slimmer and lighter device than the Yoga 900 and one that supports active pen, but if it will come at the price of a crappy processor, its not worth it.

Also does anyone have any information about the dimensions? So far we only know the thickness but not the length and width.

This latest version of the M chip is supposed to be very well received by tech press and users alike. I wouldn't put it in the Pro-Power User category but it reports to have good performance and battery in a fanless system. Idles at 900 MHz and turbos up to 2.2. If you aren't rendering/photoshopping/video editing heavily as your focus it should do well.

Sorry, I can't find all the dimension out there on teh www.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
120584d1452891209-yoga-900s-gold_tent-mode.jpg
- vs -
down-dog-purple-400x400.jpg

:winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member