Can the Lenovo Yoga 900 run using Windows 7 Pro instead of Windows 10?

W

WPCentral Question

can lenovo yoga 900 run using windows 7 pro instead of windows 10?

Bought a new computer for business and do not want to run windows 10 because of privacy issues and stability of platform. Would like to uninstall windows 10 and clean install windows 7 and would like to know if this is possible?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: can lenovo yoga 900 run using windows 7 pro instead of windows 10?

If it is a very recent purchase I would ask the company you bought it from, to see if they can downgrade it.

anon(7929613)

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Bought a new computer for business and do not want to run windows 10 because of privacy issues and stability of platform. Would like to uninstall windows 10 and clean install windows 7 and would like to know if this is possible?

Yes you can. But you should not because it will lag, it won't be supported by Microsoft-so there will be security threat and you won't get any universal apps or FREE OFFICE 2016.
Plus, I am using Windows 10 on my tablet and there are no stability issues what so ever.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: can lenovo yoga 900 run using windows 7 pro instead of windows 10?

Certainly it is possible. All you need is the media and a key.

I would not recommend a retro install to 7 either. Check the Support Lifecycle: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search/default.aspx?alpha=windows 7&wa=wsignin1.0

If you have privacy concerns with Windows 10, this may help: Your Guide To Windows 10 Privacy Settings Although I think that many of the so called "issues" are really just the modern cloud computing phenomena being examined and the TOS for 10 being published. Most users give up far more data on their mobile every day. YMMV.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon