X1 Carbon 6th Gen Touchpad Hang Issues

gnirkatto

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I received my X1 Carbon 6th yesterday. It is a lovely device. Except one thing which is kinda shocking imho: the touchpad hangs from time to time.

Moving the cursor with one finger, and sometimes the cursor doesn't move any longer. Have to lift th finger once, sometimes twice, to make it work again.

Or, scrolling with two fingers, it sometimes just stops working. Again, have to lift fingers, reposition, and it starts working again.

This is icredibly annoying and devaluates the otherwise phantastic device.
Latest W10 maintenance, drivers and BIOS installed. Disabled the peripheral zone filtering in the driver, as recommended in a forum. Nothing really worked.

I found reports on this issue before I purchased, but as they were 1 year old, I thought this cannot still be unresolved today. So I purchased one. Mistake?

I am pretty sure this is SW related, and not a defective device. Why? I can't really give reasons, but that's my gut feeling of how this thing behaves, based on several decades of computer and Windows experience.

I contacted Lenovo support, no response so far. I'm thinking of returning the X1. It's too expensive to accept such a flaw. It's not terribly bad, and doesn't happen all the time, nor does it make the X1 toally unusable, but still annoying and unacceptable for a high end device.

I wonder if I'm the only one facing this issue.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Yea for sure sounds like a software issue. I wonder if you have anything running in the background that is bogging your system down?

gnirkatto

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Sent a service request to Lenovo on thursday last week.
A confirmation of receipt arrived.
Since then, and until now, monday evening, no further sign of life from Lenovo.
This is also unacceptable.

The X1 will return to the dealer tomorrow.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Sent a service request to Lenovo on thursday last week.
A confirmation of receipt arrived.
Since then, and until now, monday evening, no further sign of life from Lenovo.
This is also unacceptable.

The X1 will return to the dealer tomorrow.

I don't blame you at all! Good move.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720