Will Micrsoft ever support automatic tablet mode on devices like Spectre x360 and Lenovo Yoga?

ashisgcd

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
So,I have Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro and I recently installed Windows Technical Preview.But seems like it still doesn't support devices like ours.Whenever I fold my laptop to tablet mode,nothing happens.This is lame.What do you think,guys?Any hack to enable this feature for our devices?The problem is,in convertibles like Surface,when in tablet mode,keyboard is removed and hence is delisted from device manager.I think that's how Windows knows keyboard is removed.But in case of ours,just keyboard is disabled and there is not a single change in device manager.I wonder if M$ will figure it out......

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
So,I have Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro and I recently installed Windows Technical Preview.But seems like it still doesn't support devices like ours.Whenever I fold my laptop to tablet mode,nothing happens.This is lame.What do you think,guys?Any hack to enable this feature for our devices?The problem is,in convertibles like Surface,when in tablet mode,keyboard is removed and hence is delisted from device manager.I think that's how Windows knows keyboard is removed.But in case of ours,just keyboard is disabled and there is not a single change in device manager.I wonder if M$ will figure it out......

I would imagine it would require specific drivers and software from the manufacturer to tell the system that the device is disabled. Oh and the 90s called and want their "M$" back!!!!!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Make sure Lenovo Transition is up and running I think. My ThinkPad Yoga switches to tablet mode seamlessly, although I prefer it ask me.

IgorVysoky

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
My Asus Transformer t100taf doesnt switch to tablet mode automaticly not even asks. Asus support replied that next update should do the thing. Most likely it is fitmware not software thing

Gary Lawrence

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I managed to get my Lenovo Yoga 2 (non Pro version) to automatically switch between tablet and desktop mode. Strangely, it's an app called 'Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro Harmony Utility 1.0.0.0828 for Windows 8.1 64-bit'.

Although it says it's for Windows 8.1 and the Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro, it automatically switches to tablet mode in Windows 10 when in stand, tent or tablet mode on my Lenovo Yoga 2 (Non Pro, but I suspect it will work on the Pro version too).

I got it from a drivers.softpedia website - Try searching for it.

Gary

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster