Safe to remove any of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Yoga 3 Pro, Windows 10

Lenovo loves installing their own programs, some of which are superfluous as Windows 10 features control the same things. Occasionally they even interfere with the Windows equivalent. I'd love to remove all the Lenovo junk simply for peace of mind. So does anybody have any recommendations about which programs can safely be deleted and which ones are necessary/useful? Here's the list of what's on my Yoga:

CCSDK (Lenovo)
Lenovo Dependency Package (Lenovo Group Limited)
Lenovo EasyCamera (SunplusIT)
Lenovo FusionEngine (Lenovo, Inc.)
Lenovo Motion Control (PointGrab)
Lenovo Service Bridge (Lenovo)
Lenovo Utility (Lenovo)
OneKey Optimizer (Lenovo)
REACHit (Lenovo)
USEDK (Lenovo)
User Manuals (Lenovo)
Windows Driver Package (ACPIVPC)

I'll nuke the whole bunch if I can without negatively effecting my system. Thanks for any advice.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Here are the short explanations for each of those programs. The Red coloured ones are those which are not present on my Lenovo Notebook (mine is not the same as yours but still):-

Lenovo CCSDK - it's called Lenovo Customer Engagement Service which probably collects some information about your device such as date of activation and all. Doesn't seem necessary.

Lenovo Dependency Package - it's a program needed for the Lenovo Settings and Companion "modern/metro/store" apps to work. Unless you use those apps, you don't need this program. But those apps won't be of any use if this program is not installed. The Lenovo Settings and Companion apps on my laptop always asked me to install this program for them to function, so I simply uninstalled those two apps.

Lenovo EasyCamera - it's a driver needed for your laptop's camera to work. Do not uninstall it.

Lenovo FusionEngine - seems to be a pre-installed bloatware by Lenovo. You may uninstall it.

Lenovo Motion Control - you need it for this to work (Not sure how to use it):-

Lenovo Service Bridge - it is used to automatically detect your device on Lenovo's support website. Not needed but also not harmful. If you don't use the support website then you may remove it. You may install it again from the same website later, if you want.

Lenovo Utility - probably some bloatware again. I had uninstalled it long ago with no visible functionality issues. Laptop is working smoothly. If you do need it then you can download it from the previously mentioned support website.

OneKey optimizer - "OneKey Optimizer is powerful, next-generation system optimization software designed specifically for Lenovo computers. It can enhance your PC's performance by updating firmware, drivers, and pre-installed apps. It also provides power management schemes that can extend the life of your battery." - this is what I found on Lenovo's website. Probably another bloatware.

REACHit - "REACHit gives you access to your personal cloud - everything on your phone, tablet, PCs and cloud storage accounts from anywhere." Again a bloatware.

UESDK - it's related to CCSDK. A quick search about CCSDK and UESDK resulted in Lenovo bloatware-related articles. *sigh*

User Manuals - you may remove it if you have no operating issues while using your laptop.

Windows Driver Package - It is a Lenovo Energy Management driver. Do not remove it. Lenovo EM is kinda bloatware but is quite useful. It won't harm your laptop and won't use much resources.

**Psst! I won't be responsible for any mishap occurring as a result of removal of any of the above programs. I am replying as I have knowledge about these programs and their functionality. Proceed at your own risk!!

Hope this helps :smile:

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Thank you very much for your candid answers. Of course I will not hold you responsible in any way for programs I myself remove. :grin:

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Ok, I removed everything except Lenovo EasyCamera, Lenovo Service Bridge, and the Windows Driver Package. I left the Service Bridge in just in case I want to avail myself of Lenovo diagnostics/repair services, and anyway, what's life without a little whimsy? :)

My Yoga runs perfectly, and no more of REACHit interrupting me with stupid popup windows, etc. And I just like having less Lenovo bloatware on my system. I don't particularly trust them, but then I don't completely trust ANY company. But Lenovo, while they make a great product, has a sketchy past with installing spyware/malware on the devices they sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon