Who's Planning to get a Lenovo Yoga Book?

Sasi Menon

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone! I am Sasi Menon and I recently got a Yoga Book and have been thoroughly enjoying it. I live in india and they have only launched the Windows version here, which is what I wanted anyway. I am an industrial designer and architect by profession and therefore this device, which can help me sketch, trace, model and present my ideas in a seamless manner. Though I am still working out some of the apps and their compatibility for various functions that I may need to perform, I have managed to get a hang of all the functions. I am even running my 3D modeling software (Rhinoceros 3D), which is a full suite desktop application and it is running without any problem indeed. The atom processor may not be very fast, but I guess if one judiciously manages the memory, it can do all the tasks quite well. For heavier applications like AutoCAD, I am simply using the AutoCAD 360 app, which has some of the functionality that I usually use (the real work is anyway done by my assistants on their desktops / laptops).
In the whole, a great multitasking machine that suits creative professionals like me. The halo keyboard takes a bit of getting used to. As far as the notepad is concerned, I have improvised with normal A4 paper cut to the original pad size, punched the two holes and mounted this onto the original magnetic pad. Works like a charm! This is mostly because Lenovo India has not started stocking the replacement pads. Since my 3D modeling software requires the use of a mouse, I have invested in a Lenovo N700 bluetooth mouse, which also doubles up as a laser pointer during presentations. It packs flat too, avoiding that "bump" in your bag that a conventional mouse makes. Great product; hope it lasts long too!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon