09-17-2017 10:55 PM
46 12
tools
    I'm not going to lie, this looks like one of the more unique pieces of hardware we've seen in awhile. It very well could be the most unique we've seen since the Surface Book launch. Who is planning on getting one of these puppies?

That keyboard. That stylus! Umph...

MrMobile tells us why the Lenovo Yoga Book is like living in the future | Windows Central

The Lenovo Yoga Book with 'Halo' digital keyboard and pen stylus is the craziest PC yet | Windows Central
    08-31-2016 10:51 PM
    It's at a great price range, too. I'll definitely have to go see this one in person before I buy.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-31-2016 10:54 PM
    Lenovo should release it already!!
    The keyboard needs some testing before we can say hou much effort they've put into it!
    09-12-2016 05:53 PM
    Will likely buy one barring any severe hardware flaws.
    09-13-2016 12:43 AM
    sigh, since i first set eyes on it i love that thing. i hope i could win one from the competition windows central is having
    09-13-2016 01:16 AM
    Im not gonna lie.. im still deciding if i get a lenovo or a huawei matebook.. definitly lenovo i think is my personal choice, after i knew they buy a mobile division of motorola. that makes me wonder if the are going also to mobile with w10. if they do... i'm buying a lenovo!!!
    09-13-2016 01:28 AM
    I do not know if I am going to buy one. If i do buy one, it may be the Android version because of two applications, I need to read technical books offline - Kindle app and Safari Books To Go app.

How much does this tablet weigh?
    09-13-2016 10:23 AM
    The dual boot itself makes me want a Lenovo Yoga Book.
    09-14-2016 12:15 AM
    I want one! As someone who's not really good at computer, I wonder if the windows version can run photoshop? I really hope so.
    09-14-2016 05:11 AM
    I do not know if I am going to buy one. If i do buy one, it may be the Android version because of two applications, I need to read technical books offline - Kindle app and Safari Books To Go app.

How much does this tablet weigh?
    690g
    09-14-2016 08:16 AM
    Wait, this isn't a dual-boot like all those Chinese devices, right? You choose one or the other and get priced accordingly - that's how I read it, but I can't find a specific reference...

Mark
    09-15-2016 03:12 PM
    No dual-boot. Either Windows or Android unfortunately.
    09-18-2016 02:04 PM
    Since my Tegra Note 7 a) turned out to be really suboptimal for drawing and b) died, I've been looking for a replacement. The Windows Yoga Book just might be perfect for my needs. I'm going to wait for some reviews first though.
    09-19-2016 09:51 AM
    Anyone know what keyboard layouts are available as there is no info on Lenovo website. I'm in Europe but hoping to get one with a us qwerty keyboard.
    09-19-2016 07:16 PM
    The keyboard layout depends on the country where you buy your device.
    09-20-2016 12:43 PM
    Yaah, i will but when i am win WC Giveaway
    09-25-2016 01:06 AM
    I've ordered mine... anticipated delivery to Philadelphia on November 2nd...
    I am not sure why they are advertising October 17th availability in the US
    09-26-2016 01:35 PM
    I plan on getting one, though I can't decide if the android or the window ones suits my needs more. Since I'd be buying it around Christmas I might be lucky and someone might have found a way to install Windows on the android one for dual boot. The only thing is I wish it were 12" so that it could accommodate letter paper for the notepad.
    09-29-2016 01:20 AM
    I'm very interested. Seems like a great device to keep in your bag and use when commuting and away from desk at work. Small, light, and long battery life not unlike an iPad, but with greater productivity potential. Price is good too.

A few gripes.
    - I'd rather 3:2 screen
    - Wish it had a finger print reader.
    - Wish it had USB-C
    - Wish it had a 128GB option.

Maybe some of this will come in gen 2.
    10-01-2016 02:30 PM
    I've ordered mine... anticipated delivery to Philadelphia on November 2nd...
    I am not sure why they are advertising October 17th availability in the US
    I tweeted at Lenovo US to ask about retail availability. Walmart is the exclusive launch partner and I was able to preoder there for a Oct 19th pickup. An option if you want it sooner although you might have to pay tax (not sure if tax is charged on Lenovo's site).
    DrWMJ likes this.
    10-03-2016 08:23 AM
    I tweeted at Lenovo US to ask about retail availability. Walmart is the exclusive launch partner and I was able to preoder there for a Oct 19th pickup. An option if you want it sooner although you might have to pay tax (not sure if tax is charged on Lenovo's site).
    I never would have guessed that Walmart was an exclusive launch partner. I just pre-ordered through lenovo.com but I got a shipping estimate over five weeks or more from launch. I pretty much loathe Walmart but there's a slim chance I would have pre-ordered through them if it meant avoiding a month long wait.
    10-03-2016 01:46 PM
    Walmart charged my CC. I am doing store pickup, maybe it will ship early.
    HeyCori and Scienceguy Labs like this.
    10-11-2016 10:29 AM
    My wife just surprised me with one of these. I gotta say that it is the coolest looking and feeling thing that I've played around with in a long time. I'll have to use it a few days to get a better idea of just how useful the keyboard/writing surface will be. The design and build are simply outstanding, though.
    HeyCori and Guytronic like this.
    10-20-2016 06:51 AM
    Gotta say that I love this tablet. Screen is beautiful. Build quality is really good. Volume rocker and power button feel good with good pushback. I've been taking notes in OneNote for the past few days to see how the included pen works. Very reminiscent of how the pen worked with the DV8P...the 2nd edition of the pen, that is. The keyboard....ahhhh, the keyboard. So, this one is very subjective. I actually enjoy it. I used it in a meeting to type out a few notes while we all talked, and it's great for that. I wouldn't really want to use it to crank out a 10 page Word doc, but that might come with time spent typing on it. Within just a few minutes of typing on it, I became familiar enough with the layout to make any mistakes. Gets tricky when using function keys and such. There is some odd key placement going on, but that's expected with such a small typing area. Battery life is outstanding for me. I'm using it at work (I teach). So, I am not on it all day, but I do pick it up throughout the day to check emails, jot down a note or two, and browse the news at lunch. In the evening, I'm reading and browsing the web. Battery life has not been a problem whatsoever. Overall, I'm very impressed, even if it is a niche product. I like it a lot.
    Pros:
    Screen
    Weight and size
    Pen function
    Battery life
    Extreme portability
    Speaker quality

Cons:
    Fingerprint magnet
    The tablet is very dense (well-made). If it were to take a tumble on a hard surface, I'm sure the transfer of energy would wreak havoc on the screen.
    Most likely prone to get scratches on outer surfaces.
    Track pad area is tiny.

I'm waiting for skins and protective cases to hit the market. I'm hesitant to take it anywhere for fear that it might get damaged. The bottom surface is exposed and will contact other surfaces frequently increasing the chances of scratches and such. Need a good case asap.

I'm trying to talk my wife into getting one for herself. :)
    HeyCori and Guytronic like this.
    10-22-2016 04:05 PM
    Thanks for the impressions!
    Guytronic likes this.
    10-22-2016 05:24 PM
46 12