The halo keyboard: what about other-language users?

koobta

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm really interested in the yoga book but I use other language beside English. As for notebooks manufactured here in my country we have the characters printed on the keyboard. Or we can use keyboard stickers with notebooks bought from elsewhere. But we can't just put a stickers on the Halo keyboard. So... will the Halo keyboard support other languages? This is quite a big issue when I think of it. :S

Tarwinia

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Supposedly the keyboard will correspond to the country it is purchased in. You can't out stickers on it but if you are a touch typist used to different keyboard you should be able to adapt (I personally switch my keyboard configuration regularly as I route in three languages and basically "ignore" the symbol/letter margins when it is the "wrong" layout.
If you are not a touch typist (And find memorizing the layout a challenge) I suggest you buy it locally.

P.s.
If buying it locally is not a viable option for whatever reason, You could potentially have some luck with a clear self adhesive plastic sheet which you could stick on top with the alternate layout written with permanent marker (or find someone to print out something similar on thin self-adhesive plastic/vynil). The stylus should still work and hopefully the ink from the marker wouldn't be bumpy enough to affect the writing experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon