10-27-2016 03:54 PM
34 12
tools
    Hi. Brightness is automatic and you can adjust it manually via the halo. I live in the UK so bright sunshine could take some time though the cloud is breaking as I type! It does go very bright though so I think it'll be fine. You can adjust the brightness of the keyboard to from the control panel. The halo brightness is not automatic

OK so I just tested it in bright(ish) sunlight. The screen is absolutely fine . The keyboard on full brightness is less impressive though you can just about make out the keys.
    Thanks. I'm guessing this means the keyboard will be invisible (ergo unusable) in bright Mexican sunlight but at least there are few times I'd need that (but I like to know the limits of any future purchase to avoid buyer's remorse).

Give us a shout when the current issues are fixed and you can use the create pad again =)
    10-02-2016 07:01 PM
    You can write pretty small. I just gave it a go and was actually amazed how small I could write. The pen tip is not the thinnest in the world but it is still quite fine. Changing tips could be easier tbh. I agree they should have made a dual tip pen.

Bad news now folks. The latest bios update has pretty much screwed mine up. The halo keyboard now won't turn off so the pen is pretty useless now. You must shut the system down before closing the lid. Not good. Others are experiencing similar issues. It is such a lovely machine but clearly still being beta tested. By us!! I cannot reset it either for some unknown reason so must wait for Lenovo to push a good update out. Sigh
    You might already have tried this, but the people at https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows.../3442006#M6138 have a couple of possible fixes for the keyboard issue. I hope this helps.
    10-04-2016 08:26 AM
    OP: For the windows version, can onenote record what your write onto the createpad even when it is minimized? This would be useful for taking notes while looking at a presentation or video on screen or when the screen is folded back.
    10-06-2016 04:18 PM
    You can write pretty small. I just gave it a go and was actually amazed how small I could write. The pen tip is not the thinnest in the world but it is still quite fine. Changing tips could be easier tbh. I agree they should have made a dual tip pen.

Bad news now folks. The latest bios update has pretty much screwed mine up. The halo keyboard now won't turn off so the pen is pretty useless now. You must shut the system down before closing the lid. Not good. Others are experiencing similar issues. It is such a lovely machine but clearly still being beta tested. By us!! I cannot reset it either for some unknown reason so must wait for Lenovo to push a good update out. Sigh
    Did you figure out the BIOS issue? Do you still have the sleep issue, mine shuts down when sleeping its really annoying.
    10-23-2016 07:58 PM
    Looking to get one of these mainly for note taking in lectures. I study physics so in my typed notes I need to include equations which are much easier to write by hand. Is it easy to switch between typing and drawing on the pad with the pen in the same document? Also how well would visual studio run on this device? Thanks
    Character Zero likes this.
    10-26-2016 08:53 AM
    Looking to get one of these mainly for note taking in lectures. I study physics so in my typed notes I need to include equations which are much easier to write by hand. Is it easy to switch between typing and drawing on the pad with the pen in the same document? Also how well would visual studio run on this device? Thanks
    What would you use to take notes, I will try it out for you later today.

Not sure about Visual Studio, the CPU is decent and there is 4GB of RAM but visual studio has some overhead. I did load the Windows Subsystem for Linux and it works well (of course its just command line).
    10-26-2016 08:58 AM
    Probably one note. This would be my first windows device but previously I used notes plus on the ipad and LectureNotes on my android device. Although I would be open to using a different app if it would suit my needs better.
    10-26-2016 09:27 AM
    I've tried paper input with OneNote and it worked wonderfully. And there's a button on the Halo keyboard that makes switching between modes easy.
    10-26-2016 09:29 AM
    Probably one note. This would be my first windows device but previously I used notes plus on the ipad and LectureNotes on my android device. Although I would be open to using a different app if it would suit my needs better.

Played around with it a little. In one note you can type some things, then hit the button the keyboard and draw below that, then hit the button to go back to keys and tap on the screen and type again. Seems pretty fluid. It just create text boxes so it might not line up perfectly.
    10-27-2016 03:54 PM
34 12