Yoga Books withthird party pen's

Alexander Metzke

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi!

Thanks for the great review on the Yoga Book. It definitely makes me want to have it. Just perfect in portability and functionality. I want to use it to get rid of all my paper notes and some minor calculations. I won’t be using the Ink-on-paper feature though.

As I don't have it yet I can only tell what I’ve heard so far. The pen does not have any buttons and therefore has no erase or "right-click" function on the touch or on the screen, right?

There is a thread in the Lenovo forum about using third party pens instead, ofc omitting the Ink feature (which is not important to me)
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-based-Tablets/Yoga-book-with-a-different-pen/td-p/3513788

One guy even reports full functionality on touch and screen including right-click and erase with a "HP TouchSmart tm2-1090eg" Pen. Other candidates could be Note 4 or Bamboo Smart Pen. Don't you think that would be a major upgrade?

So my question is for all those who have some other Wacom equipment lying around to simply try it out and give us a feedback. Maybe you WindowsCentral guys could do a test on that? I think that would be much of an interest for all YogaBook users.

BR Alex

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested to hear the answer to this. It would be cool to have access to different pens. However, I think the only WC staff member that has a Yoga Book is Zac and I have no idea if he has multiple pens.

Asif Shadab Malick

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
exactly......i am totally sold on the yoga book except about the pen issue. the real pen and paper is cool , fine, but honestly I wont need that. I will mostly be using the pen n the screen itself so I was wondering if the included pen will work on the screen too for noes. also the same question as yours weather other pens will work or not? what about the upcoming universal pen from Wacom ?

Alexander Metzke

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Check the referred thread. I received a few answers there. I am thinking about getting a Yoga 900s instead. Wacom + better cpu and just as adorable. Unfortunately more expensive.

BR Alex

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077