View Poll Results: Which one would you go for a Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 2 Pro or Surface Pro 2?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 2 Pro

8 80.00%
  • Surface Pro 2

2 20.00%
    Hi All

So which one would you go for a Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 2 Pro or Surface Pro 2?
    11-20-2013 01:18 PM
    To me, this question should be more a comparison of the Surface Pro 2 to the Yoga 11S, since the Yoga 2 Pro is a larger machine than the Surface is, and the 11S is a more direct comparison.

Personally I went with the 11S because I will do a lot of typing, so the removable keyboard isn't all that much of a need for me. On top of that, to get what I got in the 11S I would have spent a lot more getting the same with a Microsoft badge. If you look at the 11S that Best Buy is carrying (which for some reason is not available on Lenovo.com), you get the i5 Haswell, 4 GB RAM, and 128 GB SSD for $800 (I got mine last week for $750 on sale, though). Microsoft can't compete with that price, so unless a person is going to use it without keyboard most of the time, my personal feeling is that the 11S is a better buy. Your feelings may differ - I'm fine with that.
    It would depend. If I wanted something really portable, the SP2, but if I wanted a more laptop-like device I should go for the Lenovo
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    11-20-2013 01:23 PM
    Yeah for me I wanted a light laptop (ultrabook) that could also do some tablet duty more than a smaller tablet that could be a really small ultrabook (SP2). Also if you want to use pen input, the SP2 is the way to go, but it wasn't an issue for me. I think the Yoga 2 Pro is the best ultrabook that can double duty as a large tablet when needed. Love mine.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    11-20-2013 03:37 PM
    Yeah for me I wanted a light laptop (ultrabook) that could also do some tablet duty more than a smaller tablet that could be a really small ultrabook (SP2). Also if you want to use pen input, the SP2 is the way to go, but it wasn't an issue for me. I think the Yoga 2 Pro is the best ultrabook that can double duty as a large tablet when needed. Love mine.
    I'm still in my return period on my Surface2 pro. Do Netflix movies and others letterbox on the Yoga?
    11-21-2013 12:41 AM
    I'm still in my return period on my Surface2 pro. Do Netflix movies and others letterbox on the Yoga?
    No the screen is 16:9 ratio so there are no black bars when watching a typical HD video full-screen.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-25-2013 02:14 PM
    To me, this question should be more a comparison of the Surface Pro 2 to the Yoga 11S, since the Yoga 2 Pro is a larger machine than the Surface is, and the 11S is a more direct comparison.

Personally I went with the 11S because I will do a lot of typing, so the removable keyboard isn't all that much of a need for me. On top of that, to get what I got in the 11S I would have spent a lot more getting the same with a Microsoft badge. If you look at the 11S that Best Buy is carrying (which for some reason is not available on Lenovo.com), you get the i5 Haswell, 4 GB RAM, and 128 GB SSD for $800 (I got mine last week for $750 on sale, though). Microsoft can't compete with that price, so unless a person is going to use it without keyboard most of the time, my personal feeling is that the 11S is a better buy. Your feelings may differ - I'm fine with that.
    12-05-2013 01:31 PM