What do you think about the flip-design?

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I actually like it, but it's pretty strange. It must feel kinda odd to use it as a tablet with the keys down for example, but it has some good points. You actually get a fully functioning laptop that you can use as a tablet! :grin:

What do you think about the flip-idea?

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Works awesome. A bit big for a tablet, but if you want an ultrabook that can be a tablet, the form factor is awesome. I use mine on my desk at work in tablet mode on a USB 3.0 dock stand that let's me view and touch it right above my keyboard, and have an extended 2nd monitor (24" 1920x1200) behind that with my work XenDesktop taking up that screen. When I want to go to a meeting and take notes or some such, I just simply unplug the USB dock cable and power (Right next to each other) and off I go.

For the record, the keys in tablet mode don't bother me at all knowing they aren't functional.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the 11S i5 Haswell, and I love this thing. It works great in my lap, at a desk or table as a laptop, and as a tablet it doesn't bother me that the keys are out, since they're not functional when flipped back. When using it in tablet mode in my chair, I often use it in stand mode, as it brings the angle up without my having to hold it up. Very handy. And last night my wife and I used it in tent mode for watching Netflix, as she had back surgery Monday and doesn't want to tackle the stairs yet to go downstairs to the man cave where the TV is. Quite happy with it. The speakers sound good, though since I have a set of USB speakers that clip on to a screen, I used that for the movie.

lan4

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Sofar I like it. I have a Yoga 2 11. It's not the most powerful thing but it works for what I do & it's a good size when I use it as a tablet. It's my main/only computer except for the one I got from work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre